Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 08:56:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for Advice  (Read 577 times)
aTriz (OP)

Activity: 1232
Merit: 683

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 06:52:23 AM

Hello Lenders!

I am looking to start up my own lending thread, mostly for loans below 0.1 BTC, the problem is I have no idea what to do. I've had a couple of questions about this, and was hoping people could help me out and/or give me advice.

1. I am not trusted on this forum, so should I be holding collateral, or should I contact a trusted escrow to hold it for me. If your a trusted escrow, who is interested in helping me out, post here. Maybe we can work on something long term.

2. What is counted as valid collateral? Is it a good idea to allow people to use BTT accounts as collateral?

3. Is it same to give no collateral loans to trusted members?

4. Who covers transaction fees?

Wish me luck, hoping to start my thread in around 1 month.

Tipsters

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 01:54:52 PM

Hello Lenders!

I am looking to start up my own lending thread, mostly for loans below 0.1 BTC, the problem is I have no idea what to do. I've had a couple of questions about this, and was hoping people could help me out and/or give me advice.

1. I am not trusted on this forum, so should I be holding collateral, or should I contact a trusted escrow to hold it for me. If your a trusted escrow, who is interested in helping me out, post here. Maybe we can work on something long term.

2. What is counted as valid collateral? Is it a good idea to allow people to use BTT accounts as collateral?

I'm not a lender but I know some things about it.
1. Since you know yourself that you are not a trusted member of the forum then you must ask an escrow to hold the collateral until the deal is done.
2. Valid collateral are mostly altcoins and domains but bitcointalk accounts is acceptable to depending on the lender but most lender doesn't accept Bitcointalk as collateral due to some reasons.
3. Lending to a trusted member without collateral depends to the lender if he'll lend him. (Most Trusted member get no collateral loan because they wouldn't run since it will ruin their reputation)
4.Transaction fees are mostly added to the interest.

Additional tip: Always ask for a signature to prove ownership of the account.
aTriz (OP)

Activity: 1232
Merit: 683

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 09:56:43 PM

Quote from: Tipsters link=topic=2154853.msg21570255#msg21570255
1. Since you know yourself that you are not a trusted member of the forum then you must ask an escrow to hold the collateral until the deal is done.
Have contacted an escrow, so working things out on that end.
2. Valid collateral are mostly altcoins and domains but bitcointalk accounts is acceptable to depending on the lender but most lender doesn't accept Bitcointalk as collateral due to some reasons.
Not looking to use btt accounts for collateral, since I don't want to be left in a position where I have to sell the account if they default.
3. Lending to a trusted member without collateral depends to the lender if he'll lend him. (Most Trusted member get no collateral loan because they wouldn't run since it will ruin their reputation)
I see, I will probably be following this rule

I see.

jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 11:22:37 AM
Last edit: September 08, 2017, 12:32:34 PM by jackg

Have contacted an escrow, so working things out on that end.
Not looking to use btt accounts for collateral, since I don't want to be left in a position where I have to sell the account if they default.
I see, I will probably be following this rule

I see.

If you want to lend to a trusted lender, get a signed message from an address staked at least 6 months ago.
Ask for the borrower to pay the escrow fees if they want escrow and I lent on here without it.
To the bct account usage, most people end up defaulting and just selling their account. But you might be able to sell them.
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 12:41:36 PM

The most sensible thing you could do is just check out the existing lending threads and maybe you'll get an idea then ?

Yes you should use a trusted escrow for loans involving high volumes.

Generally,no.Don't accept accounts as collateral unless the person is a trusted member of the forum and you think they really value their reputation and such,

1.No,don't trust anybody without an escrow/a valid collateral unless you are 100% sure the person is trusted.
2.The lender covers transaction  fees.
3.Good Luck!
Sweeet

Activity: 714
Merit: 501

Real Eyes, Realize, Real Lies.

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2017, 10:14:46 AM

Hello Lenders!

Best of luck.

It depends on what the loanee wants, if they do want a escrow typically you make them pay for the fee, although many escrowers don't like holding accounts as collateral as a waste of time. Make sure to use a trusted escrower.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=577765.msg6311902#msg6311902
Mostly altcoins, domain names (non-retrievable digital items), and physical items. I typically don't accept any accounts below Sr. Member as collateral and also check there post history to see if they are an account farmer only posting in "Games & Rounds" or "Off-Topic" and are wearing a signature for a Signature Campaign as well.

Anyone with Green trust I wouldn't worry about collateral as long as the loan isn't big, although if the loan is big I don't wave in there past trust I still require the same amount of collateral.
You when sending the loan and the loanee when sending the loan back.

When recieving an account as collateral, always check to see there trust, if there pass/email was changed, check there addresses used on the account, see if they are still using older ones. (Can use this website to see a detailed review of there account https://www.bctalkaccountpricer.info/  (ignore the price of there account it is invalid)). Always make them sign a message on an address (Typically one from over a month ago+ is best)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: