Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:54:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Accepting cash during ICO?  (Read 1467 times)
13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 02:24:26 AM

It would be really difficult for ICOs to accept fiat or money through credit/debit cards as it wouldn't retain the contributor's privacy and this is the main reason these ICOs will never push to accept cash. I've seen a few of them advising investors to convert fiat into Bitcoin/altcoins using lbtc/coinbase or other exchanges and then to pour that money into the ICO.
TheBobyHunter

Activity: 518
Merit: 494

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 02:44:23 AM

Hi,
Say you have an ICO, and you want to accept cash, people wants to invest $10-$100, and they don't own BTC nor Ether.

What is the best solution? Paypal of course gone with the wind!

What is other best choices?
Have you tried it?

ussualy ico only support use bitcoin, ETH or crypyto curency
but few ico support paypal, sample shadow token, if use cash money, is nothing found ico selling use cash money
erick94

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 03:02:23 AM

never received cash money from ico result, because as far as i know ico only support payment with cryptocurrency like ETH, bitcoin and many more. until now has never received

▄▀
                         █▀
                       ▄██
                     ▄▀ █
                   ▄▀  █
                 ▄▀   ▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
             ▄▀     ▐▌▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀
           ▄▀  ▄▄▄▀ █
        ▄████▀▀    ▐▌
    ▄▄████▀▀       █
  ▄▄▀▀▀▀          ▐▌
                  ▐
███████████████████████████

█████████████████████████

██████████████████████

██████████████

███████████████████

████████████████████

███████████████
██████████████████████████████   ██
      1.28%     
      DAILY ROI     

IN-WALLET
AUTO STAKING

FASTEST BURN
ON BSC

ANTI-DUMP 
   MECHANISM   
██   ██████████████████████████████
██████████████████

████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████

██████████████████████

████████████████████████

██████████████████████████
●  Whitepaper
●  Litepaper
●  Onepager
●  Twitter
●  Telegram
●  Discord
asepsetiawan1990

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 03:16:01 AM

ico is part of Cryptocurrency. if the system is changed then there will be other parts that must change as well. ETH is so easy and Exchange is a lot in the market.  Smiley
grizmoblust

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 03:17:26 AM

I think you can't not use paypal to buy ICO token. People always use dispute to take back their money

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
Trela
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

The Decentralized TCP/IP Internet Protocol

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 05:31:27 AM

Hi,
Say you have an ICO, and you want to accept cash, people wants to invest $10-$100, and they don't own BTC nor Ether.

Have you tried it?

ussualy ico only support use bitcoin, ETH or crypyto curency
but few ico support paypal, sample shadow token, if use cash money, is nothing found ico selling use cash money
Recently, almost ICO projects successful are using Ethereum platform for open crowdsale, other platform like Waves or Bitcoin really have problems if project we have invest to it cannot raised to soft cap.

██
           ████ ▄▄▄
          ██  ▄██▄█
         ██ ▄█▀██
        ██▄█▀   ██
       ███▀      ██
     ▄██         ██
   ▄█
██            ██
█▀████    ▄▄▄      ███
▀▀▀██     █▄█▄     ████
  ██        ▀▀██▄▄  ████
 ███████████████▀▀███████
                   █▄█
Protect Your Privacy With Decentralized Internet Protocol
50 Million
Global Users
!     ▐█████▄
     ███████▌
    ▐███████
 ███
████████████▄▄▄
▐██
█████████████████▄
███
██████████████████
 ▀
████████▀▀▀████████
 ▐███████    ████████
 ████████    ███████▀
█████████▄▄████████▀
██████████████████▀
 ██████████████▀▀
  ▀▀███████▀▀▀
LISTED ON               
bithum &
bithum Global
Ehrhc (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 11:17:50 AM

All I am saying we are missing expanding ICOs by limiting it to BTC/ Ether payments, not all are freak about their ID, and this will double the market

..C..
........Finally C is .........
...........            ............
       ............            ............
...................      ....................

speakoo

Activity: 224
Merit: 113

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 11:45:01 AM

Hi,

Have you tried it?

Cash is not anonymous , that's not interesting , also that's why BTC and ETH are more popular in ICOs.

julslet84

Activity: 150
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 11:53:59 AM

ico is part of Cryptocurrency. if the system is changed then there will be other parts that must change as well. ETH is so easy and Exchange is a lot in the market.  Smiley

yes thats correct and accepting cash is definitely inappropriate for all cryptocurrency and ICOs.
Ehrhc (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 12:54:23 PM

yes thats correct and accepting cash is definitely inappropriate for all cryptocurrency and ICOs.

Why it's inappropriate? I don't get that part!

..C..
........Finally C is .........
...........            ............
       ............            ............
...................      ....................

Faroxx

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 11:17:51 AM

Can try to use direct transfers using the vasa or mastercard, but in General I think that people who know and are not afraid to invest in ico possess at least a bitcoin Grin
posternat

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 04:30:26 AM

That would require a master services banking license as you would be exchanging crypto for FIAT. Last I heard this is a good $300,000 bare minimum and requires a good amount of hoop jumping and inspection and such. Having that license and an additional bankroll would give you the ability to run an exchange.
Hui8

Activity: 602
Merit: 259

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 04:35:23 AM

You can just buy bitcoin or ether with your cash and then go for buying or ICO tokens. I don't understand why that is a very difficult question for you. Don't tell me you can't buy bitcoin or ether easily because that's the most easiest way to achieve the coin. You can buy it directly from any wallets which are web based and the transaction takes only one working day. Instead of that just earn some coins and go for ICO investment.  Cheesy
AiloveYouks21

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 04:41:41 AM

Hi,

Have you tried it?

Updated - Sep 7: Banksy getting Crypto: http://newsexaminer.net/art/graffiti-artist-banksy-arrested-in-palestine-identity-revealed/

Now that's what I am talking about, getting the average Joe to be interested, and make it easy for him to get into ICO.

I also feel confused why ico on average do not receive fiat money payments because not everyone has cryptocurrency but maybe they want to invest in a project they like, but if ico project accept fiat payment of course the value of crypto currency will be reduced.
karisiak123

Activity: 244

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 06:24:52 AM

If I accept it I am very happy but if ICO is finished but does not accept how, I do not understand ,, please give me the hint.

yugyug

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 07:07:48 AM

since ICOs is suppose to be a cryptocurrency advocate it should be process thru cryptocurrency transactions some ICOs accepting cash, paypal or credit card seems doubtful and inappropriate.
ss890

Activity: 644
Merit: 263

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2017, 07:36:26 AM

What's up all with the banksy here ? I mean don't find any relation with your question and the arrest of bansky in London. Please enlighten me with your thoughts.  Speaking about coinbase and other services I don't think it would be hard to use credit or debit cards for investing into ICO. If you can get your fiat currency converted to crypto currency which is nothing but the same way to invest money into ICO projects. Still trying to get clearer picture of what you want know here, whether to use credit cards directly to invest in ICO ? How can you do that if there exist know tech to transfer your coins into their blockchain smart contract. Instead you have option to go with your wallets and then do it other way around. Takes little time to do and easy to do I guess.

BogdanGFTP

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 07:52:39 AM

It's easy to teach people changing fiat to crypto, but it is so hard to launch an ICO with fiat
ss890

Activity: 644
Merit: 263

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2017, 07:55:32 AM

It's very ugly and not worth trusting it. Cloud mining has always been in ambiguity because if two things, the first one is do they really have hardwares that are working behind the scenes and generating profits for us. And secondly for how long would these cloud mining sites will actually keep going on so that we can reach our minimum goal which is roi. The calculators are just imaginary stuff they don't give us true projection of long term. They simply consider network difficulty which is of current time and they don't consider the changing network difficulty over the time. So obviously that's ridiculous to know profits from these calculators. Everything is ponzi in the cloud mining world.

Blazin8888

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 07:58:49 AM

The meaning of cryptoworld is refusal of the cash, so I think it's normal that ICOs work only with cryptocoins.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: