Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:29:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: anonymous Currency is there a bright future for them  (Read 941 times)
nashap (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:22:44 AM

Hi, i am new in this game and i wonder if the anonymous currencies have bright future.I am from a country that was under communist regime till 89.After that a lot of people made illegal money not only by street crime but also in the grey economy like politicians and people that did not declare income.It is harder for these people to move their money in the modern world.For example after the stock crash in China and the big amount of money that left the country ,the government is trying very hard to make the money stay in China.So i think in those countries people that have undeclared money will try to find the easiest and  safeiest  way to do this.Coins like monero i think could be very perspective but are they really anonymous and could they be traced by institutions and governments? Could you tell me in your opinion which ones are the best? Because except of the speculation trading i want to invest in projects that solve real problems.Which other projects do you think solve real problems and could be the new titans in the digital world, because after all a lot of these altcoins will be dead like the websites in the dotcom bubble.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zorranco

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 09:05:43 AM

I think most people is going to answer yes to this question.

Recently Monero had great rises...Zencash expectedly to rise this Sept, etc etc. Near future appears good.
nashap (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 09:23:24 AM

And what about komodo/bitcoindark situation, what exactly is happening both of them are up these days a lot,komodo with major announcement in two days ? Could anyone explain?
ngm-

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 09:31:29 AM

Recently Monero had great rises...Zencash expectedly to rise this Sept, etc etc. Near future appears good.

Wanted to write the same thing. Monero is good, Zencash is very good also and currently very low according to the potential and the update coming this year.
zorranco

Activity: 177

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 09:52:59 AM

The Komodo thing was a surprise...It's just hype, because, as long as I know, nobody knows exactly what this announcement is about.

If someone has clue, plz post  Smiley
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2017, 09:57:46 AM

no it won't. because of a couple of simple reasons that you are unknowingly saying them yourself as opposite reasons!

- fully anonymous and untraceable transactions will attract criminals and dirty money most of all. if such cryptocurrencies become popular for real, they will attract these type of people. so the regular people (or the majority) will stay away. and pretty soon the government will also make them illegal.

- regular people don't care about that level of anonymity the anon coins offer. they need a certain level of privacy which something like bitcoin simply provides for them and since it is not an anon coin governments won't ever ban it and bitcoin doesn't attract criminals either. so the majority will be regular users will some skeezballs here and there.

--looking for signature--
muenze

Activity: 224
Merit: 157

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 10:18:21 AM

The rise (and use) of Monero is because many people now use it in the darkweb.

But many still believe in bitcoin, as drug (and arms) dealer busts were never because of bitcoin but because of shipments, finding them thru the post office habits, them making mistakes like revealing their IPs.

I dont think any of them was actually busted thru bitcoin.

There is also questions relating to smaller coins, as it would be EASIER to identify people when its a coin with smaller volume and it would also open more room for having backdoors in the network, hacking it.

So many even in darknet actually still consider Bitcoin as the safest option.

As Bitcoin still is 100% anonymous if you use it right and hide your traces. So I am not convinced yet that some other anon coin could actually be a huge success. I mean the main obvious use would be in the darknet, but even they are not fully into monero, most still seem to prefer bitcoin. That might change, but I dont see any room for Komodo or BitcoinDark so far , they seem to be rising in price currently because of the news, from traders only.

It was amazing to be part of Bitcointalk for a little while. Thankyou. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5316241.0
rowenta01

Activity: 1216
Merit: 333

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2017, 11:09:53 AM

You look like people who live in peace and democracy.

And even in a democracy, I prefer not to be tracked.

Everyone's vision of things, but stop thinking for yourself only!

Report to moderator 
__◣   Stake.com   ◥
Stake v2 Now live!
12+ Gamemodes  |  Provably Fair  |   Daily Giveaways
NJB18

Activity: 663
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 11:24:36 AM

Wanted to write the same thing. Monero is good, Zencash is very good also and currently very low according to the potential and the update coming this year.

You are right. One reason why people go for bitcoin is anonymity. However, bitcoin is not really totally anonymous that is why people who are really looking for an anonymous coin go for Monero. Monero is boasting its anonymity which is accordingly total.
trumper

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2017, 11:31:01 AM

Absolutely. Cryptocurrency was the first step against local currencies and now the more advanced one is anonymous coin but there are always problems with cashing out your coins without revealing your identity  Embarrassed

nashap (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 12:05:33 PM

Absolutely. Cryptocurrency was the first step against local currencies and now the more advanced one is anonymous coin but there are always problems with cashing out your coins without revealing your identity  Embarrassed

Yes that is true but i read yesterday that Australia is going to instal a lot of two-way atm and that means that it will be easy for someone who wants to cash out, of course someone could do this with not so big amounts but even now one of the biggest scams in the criminal world is skimming credit cards.The people with the big money will always work with the banks  for money laundering but even then we do not know what kinds of scams the banks will invent with crypto.
yorklab

Activity: 223
Merit: 105

Utrum OOT

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 02:39:54 PM

Zencash will be launching "Secure Nodes" within a month and will be anonymous and non-trackable.

Zencash is a platform used for "encrypted" transactions and communications.

https://zensystem.io/

I think people living in a country with stable governments and economies don't understand the need for these type of coins. They think it's only used by criminals or any illegal activity. But with countries who's government and economy are not so stable (and there are a lot) this type of project is very welcomed. This is evident by the popularity Zencash has already become in Eastern Europe/Russia. In fact even the Zencash founders were a little surprised at how much the Russian community has already picked up on the project.

The project is only 4 months old but growing quickly as word gets out.

★   utrum   ★   Your Crypto Playbook   ★   Got an opinion? Get paid for it!   ★
●  ●  WHITE PAPER   |   EXCHANGES   |   ANN THREAD  ●  ●
TWITTER   ▬   FACEBOOK   ▬   LINKEDIN   ▬   GITHUB   ▬   YOUTUBE
nashap (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:19:16 PM

Zencash will be launching "Secure Nodes" within a month and will be anonymous and non-trackable.

Zencash is a platform used for "encrypted" transactions and communications.

https://zensystem.io/

I think people living in a country with stable governments and economies don't understand the need for these type of coins. They think it's only used by criminals or any illegal activity. But with countries who's government and economy are not so stable (and there are a lot) this type of project is very welcomed. This is evident by the popularity Zencash has already become in Eastern Europe/Russia. In fact even the Zencash founders were a little surprised at how much the Russian community has already picked up on the project.

The project is only 4 months old but growing quickly as word gets out.

I am from eastern Europe and that is true,Russia is the country with so much corruption that most of the people in the western world can not imagine.A Russian who works in a  middle position in the public sector in Russia could easy be a millionaire.Russia has some problems too  because of the sanctions and people who have   undeclared money can not put them in bank because the government will knock on your door -from where???And because when there is political and economic risk the holder of such  money is trying to move them in something that will make him fill safe.
yunuzov

Activity: 464

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:34:18 PM

The term anonymous explains why this market grew so fast and in steady pace. It would be unrealistic to think tech won't affect the international money flow. Crypto market surely will keep on growing and will be accepted by more and more each day. So it has very very bright future a head my friend. It is just begining.

sui_generis

Activity: 243

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:47:52 PM

The better question to ask would be "Is there a future for transparent currencies?".
yorklab

Activity: 223
Merit: 105

Utrum OOT

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 02:14:40 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2017, 02:27:18 PM by yorklab

Portugal has banned cash payments over €3000 as part of a crackdown on anonymous payments so they are starting to turn to Bitcoin. It just so happens Zencash is just starting a Portuguese operations there.  

https://cointelegraph.com/news/portugal-joins-spain-france-in-cash-crackdown-bitcoin-will-benefit

Anonoymous currency is not only here to stay but is going to grow.

★   utrum   ★   Your Crypto Playbook   ★   Got an opinion? Get paid for it!   ★
●  ●  WHITE PAPER   |   EXCHANGES   |   ANN THREAD  ●  ●
TWITTER   ▬   FACEBOOK   ▬   LINKEDIN   ▬   GITHUB   ▬   YOUTUBE
talesfromthecrypt

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 02:17:41 PM

yeah the future is very bright for anonymous currencies, as long has humans will have to hide their stash , trafficking & so on ...

just have a look a dark net market, they keep growing

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 02:44:37 PM

The answer is NO.

If you look at the number of transactions done per day for Monero it's pitifully low - 4,624 in the last 24 hours:

https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/monero-transactions.html

People who are into cryptocurrency are more atuned to privacy issues than the general public, and even they arn't in a rush to adopt Monero.

How many people on here use it as their primary cryptocurrency? And if you are not using it, why do you expect others will use it?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
lokinator

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 02:50:38 PM

I believe the future of anonymous coins will be very bright. Everyone should want to remain anonymous as much as possible -- It's the smartest and safest way to be. Part of decentralization is anonymity. Crypto and anonymity go hand in hand; or at least they should.

That being said, I don't feel like "non-anonymous" coins will be threatened in the future and I feel they too will increase in popularity and acceptance. Anonymous currency will ultimately gain more popularity in my opinion, but most certainly a market will remain for both types of crypto.

I don't believe in the current "popular" anonymous coins (Monero, Zencash, etc) -- I think the future of anonymous coins is going to be one of the new coins on the market.

I would hope that DeepOnion leads the pack in the near future.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 03:00:30 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2017, 03:27:26 PM by Febo

Hi, i am new in this game and i wonder if the anonymous currencies have bright future.I am from a country that was under communist regime till 89.After that a lot of people made illegal money not only by street crime but also in the grey economy like politicians and people that did not declare income.It is harder for these people to move their money in the modern world.For example after the stock crash in China and the big amount of money that left the country ,the government is trying very hard to make the money stay in China.So i think in those countries people that have undeclared money will try to find the easiest and  safeiest  way to do this.Coins like monero i think could be very perspective but are they really anonymous and could they be traced by institutions and governments? Could you tell me in your opinion which ones are the best? Because except of the speculation trading i want to invest in projects that solve real problems.Which other projects do you think solve real problems and could be the new titans in the digital world, because after all a lot of these altcoins will be dead like the websites in the dotcom bubble.

Actually there in way more corruption in planed economy then in capitalism. So in your country before 1989 then now. People just did not saw it as something so bad.

Anonymous currency will have future in any economy, simple because if our competitor can trace your financial flows then you simply lose. You lose your advantage. Any company try to hide them today and will try to hide the tomorrow.  Hoe much they pay their workers, how much they pay their suppliers. How much they got from their customers. Who are their customers.  

Why on Earth would Apple want to give out identity of all their smart phones customers to Samsung?   Tell me why?

If you look at the number of transactions done per day for Monero it's pitifully low - 4,624 in the last 24 hours:

That is nice amount of transactions. Monero is used altho is not ready for mass adoption. This will change in upcoming months with multisig, mobile wallets and hardware wallets.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: