Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:58:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 5pm News on Today's Alt-Coins  (Read 458 times)
achillez (OP)

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 12:07:54 AM
Last edit: May 25, 2013, 12:27:32 AM by achillez

*Two announcers look at each other non-chalantly, tighten up their ties, and get ready for this evenings broadcast*

"Well Tim it's been an exciting day in the alt-bitcoin world. "

"Yes Rob, for awhile there I thought this week was going to be pretty tame, and we were going to see no coins whatsoever. "

"You know Tim, what really surprises me is how these two crazy coins "LuckyCoin", and "USCoin" were released in complete opposite ways.  LuckyCoin was pre-announced, and had all the potential of one of those "professional" coins. It really seemed like they knew what they were doing. Then "USCoin", well to be honest it snuck up on us. No pre-announce, some supposed "newbie" post released on the alt-coin board..."

Tim Laughs, "haha yah we've seen that before. Newbie right -- we know exactly who released that coin now don't we", Tim proceeds to wink randomly around the room.

"Yep Tim, these coins are a laugh a minute. So anyways, this LuckyCoin debaucle is somewhat interesting. The coder apparently had no clue what it means to build a Linux source (since it had Windows libs in it already). That kind of points to incompetence... but it does make you wonder. Now on the other hand the USCoin done by newbies actually compiled, and ran fine. Something tells me this is just ass backwards... oh I'm sorry this is a public broadcast I can't say ass. I mean butt backwards" .

"Yes Rob, I think I've given up understanding what who is developing these coins. Best I can tell there are a bunch of monkeys in a back room hitting a keyboard randomly to create these things. Haha next thing we know there'll be a monkey coin!", once again Tim winks randomly at the screen resulting in some awkward glances from the camera crew.

*the light in the room goes off indicating the end of the broadcast is approaching*

"Oh Tim, it looks like we've run out of time. Thank you everyone for watching today's coin broadcast. It continues to be an exciting time in the alt-crypto community. I'm sure tomorrow is going to be another jam-packed exciting crypto day!"

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ChekaZ
Legendary

Activity: 1884
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 12:09:44 AM

*Two announcers look at each other non-chalantly, tighten up their ties, and get rid for this evenings broadcast*

"Yes Rob, for awhile there I thought this week was going to be pretty tame, and we were going to see no coins whatsoever. "

"You know Tim, what really surprises me is how these two crazy coins "LuckyCoin", and "USCoin" were released in complete opposite ways.  LuckyCoin was pre-announced, and had all the potential of one of those "professional" coins. It really seemed like they knew what they were doing. Then "USCoin", well to be honest it snuck up on us. No pre-announce, some supposed "newbie" post released on the alt-coin board..."

Tim Laughs, "haha yah we've seen that before. Newbie right -- we know exactly who released that coin now don't we", Tim proceeds to wink randomly around the room.

"Yep Tim, these coins are a laugh a minute. So anyways, this LuckyCoin debaucle is somewhat interesting. The coder apparently had no clue what it means to build a Linux source (since it had Windows binaries in it already). That kind of points to incompetence... but it does make you wonder. Now on the other hand the USCoin done by newbies actually compiled, and ran fine. Something tells me this is just ass backwards... oh I'm sorry this is a public broadcast I can't say ass. I mean butt backwards" .

"Yes Rob, I think I've given up understanding what who is developing these coins. Best I can tell there are a bunch of monkeys in a back room hitting a keyboard randomly to create these things. Haha next thing we know there'll be a monkey coin!", once again Tim winks randomly at the screen causing resulting in some awkward glances from the camera crew.

*the light in the room goes off indicating the end of the broadcast is approaching*

"Oh Tim, it looks like we've run out of time. Thank you everyone for watching today's coin broadcast. It continues to be an exciting time in the alt-crypto community. I'm sure tomorrow is going to be another jam-packed exciting crypto day!"

+1 Cheesy

BTC: 1Ges1taJ69W7eEMbQLcmNGnUZenBkCnn45
FTC: 6sxjM96KMZ7t4AmDTUKDZdq82Nj931VQvY
TheSwede75

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 12:12:03 AM

*Two announcers look at each other non-chalantly, tighten up their ties, and get rid for this evenings broadcast*

"You know Tim, what really surprises me is how these two crazy coins "LuckyCoin", and "USCoin" were released in complete opposite ways.  LuckyCoin was pre-announced, and had all the potential of one of those "professional" coins. It really seemed like they knew what they were doing. Then "USCoin", well to be honest it snuck up on us. No pre-announce, some supposed "newbie" post released on the alt-coin board..."

"Yep Tim, these coins are a laugh a minute. So anyways, this LuckyCoin debaucle is somewhat interesting. The coder apparently had no clue what it means to build a Linux source (since it had Windows binaries in it already). That kind of points to incompetence... but it does make you wonder. Now on the other hand the USCoin done by newbies actually compiled, and ran fine. Something tells me this is just ass backwards... oh I'm sorry this is a public broadcast I can't say ass. I mean butt backwards" .

"Yes Rob, I think I've given up understanding what who is developing these coins. Best I can tell there are a bunch of monkeys in a back room hitting a keyboard randomly to create these things. Haha next thing we know there'll be a monkey coin!", once again Tim winks randomly at the screen causing resulting in some awkward glances from the camera crew.

Two coins, two equally massive failures. Goodnight sweet prince!
Of course Hazards 'bob the coinbuilder for idiots' is behind both coins.
achillez (OP)

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 12:15:01 AM

Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: