Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:50:41 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Storing altcoins?  (Read 733 times)
Bonanzacoin (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 11:01:30 AM

Where do you guys store ur altcoins. I have a list on Bittrex that i just want to keep longterm (smart move?):

Lisk
Omg
Zencash
Ubiq
Ark
Radium
Monaco
Monero
Siacoin
Gulden

Do i have to manually create a wallet for each of m?
DevilSlayer

Activity: 1428
Merit: 358

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 11:10:56 AM

Where do you guys store ur altcoins. I have a list on Bittrex that i just want to keep longterm (smart move?):

Lisk
Omg
Zencash
Ubiq
Ark
Radium
Monaco
Monero
Siacoin
Gulden

No. Just store it in bittrex. I can say that there are now many altcoins that is full of potential and really good for investment. Storing and holding altcoins is very effective way to earn more profit. I prefer to you to sell it in right time.
13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 11:24:24 AM

Lisk
Omg
Zencash
Ubiq
Ark
Radium
Monaco
Monero
Siacoin
Gulden

When you're dealing with multiple coins, your best bet is to use a trusted exchange to store your coins as it would be a reduce the hassles of having to download all the wallets and carrying out transactions. I would recommend Poloniex or Bittrex as long as you're not storing huge amounts.
n4poleon

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 11:49:03 AM

Download their individual wallets if they have. You don't want to be sorry for yourself when these exchanges stop functioning or got hacked.
helloal

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 11:56:41 AM

If you have a significant amount of Lisk or Ark, it would be almost always preferable to download the wallets in order to stake them (as they can stake passively without your computer needing to be on). For others, you need to balance between the risk of the exchanges losing your coins vs. the hassle of downloading the wallets + keeping track of your balances. Of course, another benefit of keeping coins on the exchanges is that you can sell them quicker, especially if you are a trader.

eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2017, 12:21:00 PM

Exodus Eden wallet has support for quite a few coins, but not all of the coins that you've listed
https://www.exodus.io/eden/

Coinomi is another multi-coin wallet, but it's only available for Android and IOS, that's a dealbreaker for me.
https://coinomi.com/

I personally keep each coin in it's original wallet on a large USB drive and I also have a backup on another one.

If I intent to trade, I keep it on Bittrex for a couple of days/weeks.

Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 12:31:33 PM

Where do you guys store ur altcoins.
i have an account on bittrex with a strong password and 2FA and i keep the altcoins i buy in there. but i always sell them fast and after i am in profit i take out a big part of my bitcoins out to my cold storage.

although there is only one altcoin that i am holding and it is Litecoin. and for that i also have a cold storage. it is paper wallet created with liteaddress.org.

I have a list on Bittrex that i just want to keep longterm (smart move?):
not so much in my opinion. these coins are not known to perform well in the long term. but they all do well in short term when they get pumped.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 12:31:51 PM

It really depends on the quantity you have. If you have a big amount of Lisk for example, you should definitely move it to a more secure wallet such as https://login.lisk.io/
Same goes for the rest, you have more chances to get hacked on exchanges than on wallets.

Hamphser

Activity: 2520
Merit: 331

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 12:36:21 PM

It really depends on the quantity you have. If you have a big amount of Lisk for example, you should definitely move it to a more secure wallet such as https://login.lisk.io/
Same goes for the rest, you have more chances to get hacked on exchanges than on wallets.
Op should follow this advice, storing huge amounts on exchanges is really a risky thing and i do strongly believe that theres no trusted exchanges and most of them would definitely experience problems later on and if you dont like for your funds to be affected then its better to move out on their respective wallets.If its quiet hassle but dont mind on that thing as long your coins are safe.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
webmastax

Activity: 280
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 12:44:48 PM

If you have big quantities you have to make each one in its proper wallet. If small amounts for short terms you can make your sell offer on bittrex and wait for it.

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]      [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]      [    ICO  |  May 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER                       TWITTER                       TELEGRAM                       ANN THREAD
truongdhnh

Activity: 870
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 12:45:30 PM

You can absolutely store erc20 tokens on your Ledger wallet. You can view and send the tokens through myetherwallet that easily connects to your Ledger.
nsasuiteb

Activity: 406

BAILOUT

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 12:48:53 PM

Wallets like exodus, my ether wallet and jaxx that you can hold your private keys are better but I think you can also store your coins in trusted legal exchanges.

MatrixMining

Activity: 169

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 01:05:46 PM

It is much safer to store coins in your own wallet, but if you have like 20 altcoins it can be a drag. I'm thus also keeping them on an exchange, 'cause I'm just too lazy to install 20 different wallets Smiley
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 01:09:05 PM

If you are holding a lot of those coins, I suggest you move them on a wallet that you hold the private key. It is extra work but it is the only way you can surely store your coins securely. But if it just a few hundreds of dollars in value, you can keep it in your trusted exchange.
greavette

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 04:09:41 PM

I'm in the same boat at OP where I own multiple altcoins and I'm trying to find the best way to secure them.  The majority of my coins are long holds so moving them from an exchange seems the best option but I'm also finding it hard to find which wallets to install.  While I figure out which wallets to install I'm going to look at securing as many as I can in one of the multi wallets available.  Which would this forum suggest I use between Exodus and Jaxx?  Is one more expensive than the other to use for fees?  Which do you think is the better secure wallet?

Thanks!
shtako

Activity: 779
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 04:12:36 PM

Seriously, don't store any coins on the exchanges. They will eventually be hacked and you will loose everything.
Bonanzacoin (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 04:52:19 PM

Well Lisk i think is for long term. I have a wallet now. The official one for that.

Not to sure long term bout others. Zencash i think so and pvx, and gulden as well.
Mr

Activity: 309
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 05:12:31 PM

Liskcoin and monaco. If you only want to hold 1 coin, hold lisk. Lisk is a good coin which has a great roadmap. Monaco is ICO's token and as you can see, ICO is banned mostly everywhere and it is hard for monaco to continue to grow. However, it is still potential since the card has been releashed

None of the above
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:33:11 PM

Lisk
Omg
Zencash
Ubiq
Ark
Radium
Monaco
Monero
Siacoin
Gulden

Safest is to create your own paper wallet for long term.
Never trust to exchange sites. There is always big risk on exchange sites
Remember btc-e shutdown and decide what to do . and what to trust
GoodLad

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 09:11:53 PM

Lisk
Omg
Zencash
Ubiq
Ark
Radium
Monaco
Monero
Siacoin
Gulden

It's not the best idea to store your coins in an exchange platform. Especially if you plan to store for a long time. You can never be sure that the exchange doesn't vanish tomorrow morning along with your coins. You could store them on a hardware wallet such as a TREZOR or Ledger, but still make a backup, or better a few ones on external disks.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: