Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:30:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA vs Ethereum raiden network  (Read 1102 times)
flag39 (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 11:20:18 AM

Hello IOTA professionals!
Ethereum raiden network is going live and according to them it will be fastest and scale-able network, It will grow faster as the number of users goes higher, it will be used for micro transactions and IoT machine to machine communications.
Well as you may notice it sounds very much like the IOTA properties.
I am not an expert, so could some one make the differentiation(not technical but usage value) between IOTA and RAIDEN network please?
Buchi-88
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 2578

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 10:51:42 PM

I also read about this, rapiden network habe a ANN thread here?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
CobraJ

Activity: 224
Merit: 36

ch4534ch3ckn3v3rch453481tch

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:42:06 AM

I second that, haven't found the official ANN thread.
Very interested in Raiden Network, will be monitoring it.. haven't looked into the ICO because I prefer to directly bet on Ethereum as opposed to all of those other side projects which are going to fix it, but the idea of offering scalability through the use of sidechains and thus avoiding to clog the main blockchain with transactions is really solid and will be successful.
Anyway on raiden.network I read the final ICO token price was 0.0021906ETH.. is the token tradeable and where?

A distributed system attempts to access an API data source, but since the nodes need not execute the instructions simultaneously, the data provided by the API can yield different results. Hence you need to build some kind of time to API value lookup table; formally called oracle.
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:00:28 AM

Very interested in Raiden Network, will be monitoring it.. haven't looked into the ICO because I prefer to directly bet on Ethereum as opposed to all of those other side projects which are going to fix it, but the idea of offering scalability through the use of sidechains and thus avoiding to clog the main blockchain with transactions is really solid and will be successful.
Anyway on raiden.network I read the final ICO token price was 0.0021906ETH.. is the token tradeable and where?

It is not, even etherdelta as the instant listed of all erc20 token hasn't listed the RDN token. I may be distributed into the participant or it will tradable at the end of this month or middle. but that will be better for you to join in the social grup if that was existing.
The raiden network as the lightning network of the ethereum. this project makes me interested to see where that will be going on.
bezikazi

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:22:20 PM

It is not, even etherdelta as the instant listed of all erc20 token hasn't listed the RDN token. I may be distributed into the participant or it will tradable at the end of this month or middle. but that will be better for you to join in the social grup if that was existing.
The raiden network as the lightning network of the ethereum. this project makes me interested to see where that will be going on.

It is listed why you say is not. Today you can see on etherdelta with ticker RDN. although IOTA price is also going up.
facenew111

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:26:56 AM

Raiden network faster than iota a lot.

iota is non-profit company.

raiden is profit company.

raiden is more secure than iota.
Acguy

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:43:02 AM

Ethereum is faster and will be faster because Iota needs more users to be faster.

▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
           ▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
ANN Thread     WhitePaper
Facebook     Telegram     Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
Noobty

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:04:44 AM

Iota uses a fair amount of energy so is much more useful for larger machines. Raiden is for very small payments only and uses little energy running the blockchain so more useful for smart phones ect.
Savik

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:06:43 AM

Unofficial Raiden ANN thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2376150.0

ZyklonButterfly

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:20:45 PM

IOTA is also going to adopt flash channels to speed up the network. It isn't Raiden vs IOTA. It is Ethereum with Raiden vs IOTA with flash channels.   Undecided
IOTA with flash channels is planned to be capable of nano-transactions and not just micro-transactions.

Also it should be important to note that IOTA, due to its design is completely incapable of doing Turing complete smart contracts without interacting with a blockchain or some other system capable of doing that because it has no way of determining when a transaction took place and can't create tokens. as apposed to the Raiden network which can trade tokens produced on the Ethereum blockchain.

If one were to talk about raw speed and cost effectiveness IOTA would be unstoppable with flash channels but the Raiden network has more use cases. Undecided
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: