Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:30:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: nvOC VS Cyclenerds Ethereum miner  (Read 311 times)
CryptoSquad (OP)

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 01:50:25 PM

Hi

I wondered if there was anyone who had tried both the nvOC image setup and also CycleNerds Ethereum miner (found here:)

https://github.com/Cyclenerd/ethereum_nvidia_miner

If so, which did you prefer and why? Did one have any benefits over the other?

I've been using Cyclenerds for the last two weeks and it seems really good, stable and easy to configure. But wondered if there was any reason i should move over to NVoc that i see a lot of you using.

Let me know!

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
invidtiv

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 11:35:43 AM

Hello,
They are very different, nvOC PXA Edition is a diferent breed of mining software, it compares, calculates, and changes your crytomining to the best and more profitable to mine. It need quite a setup , and is not really a system do constantly mine one coin, it has a builtin system for inteligent overclocking, and will reach, with enough time, a good overclocking. However configuring and getting the system to work properly is a bit complicated, but there is plenty of help available at the discord channels of the nvOC.

Cyclenerds Ethereum miner is a no nonsense approach to a mining OS, it does what is needed is a very efficient way. AND OPENSOURCE. Well worth donating Wink
It has a menu for setting up the rig, and also a simple menu for setting up general overclock values(same value for all GPU), and supports custom overclock values, you can specify that GPU3 will run at a diferent power, and GPU4 at diferent memory clock ( this does involve editing a small settings.conf file where you would only add MY_WATT_3=110 ).
very simple and easy to make it run.
Keep in mind 1ºaction after 1boot is update in the menu. And of course change password....
You will have to get some tools to manage it, like SSH and SCP (in windows use putty and winscp).
This is a true opensource OS, very well built. Easy to change and update the miners.

I also use simplemining OS, because of AMD gpu rig, and there really it is hard to find a solution of a opensource solution.

Since your post is quite old, please do share an update on your finds.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: