Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:28:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Software for Remote Access to Mining Rigs  (Read 4233 times)
plbartie

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

ALTCOM wallet: AYGDb1Zwf3vfs2xC4D1G63wwy9RLU5Kb5r

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 07:47:48 PM

I use chrome remote desktop and best of all its free for unlimited amounts of pc's unlike TV.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kompik

Activity: 463
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 07:51:07 PM

You are right about monitoring protecting me from losses.
However i think that parsing a few values and sending a mail based on those is fair for 35 bucks.
The app will run in the remote-subnet where the miners are so i can only use the gui via RemoteSession.
The "cloud service" (if i got it right the webfrontend to logon) is charged extra on that awesome-miner.
Thats a bit of a bummer for me. Even if i payed the 4$ for their webserver, i needed the "professional" version.
So i pay 70$ once and in a year i pay 48$ for access to a webfrontend.
120$ in the first year.
Awesome Miner is doing a bit more than simply parsing a few values. Even on the Standard Edition you can setup powerful rules for notifications and automation, and there is a large number of other features as well.

The new Cloud Services is completely optional and is provided as a service for those that don't want to host their own web interface. You can use your Awesome Miner Standard Edition with the Cloud Services, so there is no need to go for any more expensive edition as in your example above.

If you do use Professional Edition of Awesome Miner, you have the built-in web server you can use instead. Using this one, you don't need the Cloud Services at all. So either you host the web interface yourself, or you go for the Cloud Services subscription. Both options are available to make as many people as possible happy.

Does awesome miner support solominig and ANY miner out there? Or does it support only some known miners? I am not interested in eth, zcash or any other coin that is on what to mine.

Bitrated user: Kompik.
Ursul0

Activity: 857
Merit: 262

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 08:35:46 PM

vnc + (where necessary) openvpn
that. just not where necessary, but always.

the overhead of running openvpn is so small that you can run openvpn server on any of your workers. more than that you may create several vlans with different gateways and by adding multiple TAPs and configuring openvpn service to autostart run several vlans simultaneously.

RDP is not suitable for accessing GPU miners, as it is too smart for it to be effective - it resides on a higher levels and have problems with accessing graphics drivers (it uses some kind of abstractions instead) basically it will do fine if the miner application was started NOT from RDP session, but within the session you won't be able to initialize GPUs properly.

realvnc enterprise edition is the thing for total control, also native vnc viewer for android is awesome. and combining with OpenVpn for android allows me to have total control from anywhere.

TunerDude007

Activity: 458
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 08:50:33 PM

I use Chrome Remote desktop. Can also download android app and control your miner from your cellphone. easy
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 04:22:21 AM

Does awesome miner support solominig and ANY miner out there? Or does it support only some known miners? I am not interested in eth, zcash or any other coin that is on what to mine.

That's a difficult question to answer in a definitive yes or no.  If it's a windows based miner, then yes, you can upload custom mining software and pass along custom command line options.  If the mining software doesn't have standard monitoring APIs, then Awesome Miner may not be able to read the statistics.  You would basically be using Awesome Miner to setup the software to apply as a template to multiple rigs.

As for solo mining, yes... but it would require some more advanced rules sets to launch the wallet prior to starting the mining software.  You'd still have to configure quite a bit by hand, but once it's setup, you have basically created a template to apply to multiple rigs quickly.  Awesome Miner has the ability to use your own C# scripts and has a well documented API.
Mr_Snipes

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 07:24:02 PM

TeamViewer is free so easy choice there. RealVnC for less than 5 rigs works well too.

Today i got burnt by TeamViewer - for the second time! The first time was an onsite-test and i wrote it off as a hiccup of the software.
I lost contact to my farm. The TeamViewer-ID seems to be deleted (according to my err msg)
However i can see my JumpHost as online and well because of the trial-version of ITbrain monitoring.
A request at teamviewer is open but i do not put much hope in it. Trusting TV was my Single point of failure Smiley
The miners are running but i really dont like having lost control.
I will make sure to install another tool next time i get there.
ibinsad

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:58:36 AM

TeamViewer is free so easy choice there. RealVnC for less than 5 rigs works well too.

Today i got burnt by TeamViewer - for the second time! The first time was an onsite-test and i wrote it off as a hiccup of the software.
I lost contact to my farm. The TeamViewer-ID seems to be deleted (according to my err msg)
However i can see my JumpHost as online and well because of the trial-version of ITbrain monitoring.
A request at teamviewer is open but i do not put much hope in it. Trusting TV was my Single point of failure Smiley
The miners are running but i really dont like having lost control.
I will make sure to install another tool next time i get there.

I had similar issues with teamviewer so i suggest Chrome Remote desktop
BennyT

Activity: 259
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:13:24 PM

Gonna give chrome remote desktop a try after hearing everyone speak highly of it.

Edit: Just installed it but I have to sign in with my google account on my remote computers. That sucks, don't need my bookmarks synced with remote miners.

I can't configure Awesome miner without having a VPN installed on my remote rigs. Do you guys have any good suggestions for a cheap but reliable VPN?
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:28:31 PM

Seemingly reliable and definitely cheap.

https://slickdeals.net/f/11025679-windscribe-vpn-pro-subscription-3-year-13-50-5-year-24-more
BennyT

Activity: 259
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 02:49:45 AM

Unlimited devices for that price? Amazing!
Ledipaa

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:26:43 AM

Seems i need to try chrome again, since TV suspects commercial use not only on smartphone but now on pc too. Well now that I review The terms, mining rig remote control qualifies for business use.
chandrarahmadewa

Activity: 308
Merit: 49

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:42:48 AM

I have a few mining rigs I use to mine ethereum that run on windows 10. I am not the most technically inclined person when it comes to troubleshooting or messing with settings. Luckily I am invested in this with someone who is. The drawback is that this person lives approximately an hour away from me, and every time something needs updating or fixing he needs to make the trip to my place. So I am wondering what software is out there that would allow him full control of these mining rigs from the comfort of his home? I have played around with quick support but find it is somewhat limited in terms of what I am looking for. Anyone out there have any better ideas?

I used to use the TeamViewer application to control my rig, but the use of the application using a large bandwidth then the connection is often disconnected.

so I am currently using the Chrome Remote desktop and ultra viewer apps to control my rigs, in addition to those apps using small bandwidth, the display performance is lighter than the TeamViewer
Souran

Activity: 59
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:46:13 AM

when you increase the number of rigs you have, at some point you would wish to have some sort of a server/hub machine that can access all your rigs.

I invested in buying a decent server machine (just a normal computer with a fast SSD; got Awesome Miner for my rigs and SRR.

Cost was a bit high at the beginning, but the more rigs that are running, the more the cost was offset among them.

SRR is able to shutdown/turnon/restart all the rigs.
Awesome Miner is able to manage all the miners running and monitor them.
And through the server machine, I'm able to access any of the rigs. I got a vpn running on the machine and I'm able to access it remotely.
FNT

Activity: 75
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 11:42:14 AM

SSH... of course you need linux.
Plain and simple...

Bye, FNT

Trading with neural networks... https://forexneurotrader.com
gregfromo

Activity: 134

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:11:15 PM

you can try

http://www.litemanager.com/

free use for up to 30 clients

RYXES

Activity: 140

Merit me or don't.

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:21:04 PM

CHROME REMOTE DESKTOP EASILY. Can remote from my iPad too.

Merit me or don't.
edwardceng

Activity: 266
Merit: 50

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:13:35 PM

I has been use UltraViewer, TeamViewer, and Chrome Remote Desktop  but is the best is Chrome Remote Desktop. I suggest you using that.

PonPonchik

Activity: 406
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 10:21:56 AM

I'm using Chrome Remote Desktop, and recently I downloaded Android all simply and easily ...
EmTheMG

Activity: 15

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 10:57:05 AM

+1 for Chrome Remote Desktop and Android version second option is Splashtop (https://www.splashtop.com/)
ramanatrav

Activity: 92

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 12:25:24 PM

I use chrome remote desktop and best of all its free for unlimited amounts of pc's unlike TV.

I have set up chrome remote control today and the cursor is not showing. I have tried to put pointers to the default scheme but still, it is not showing.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: