Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 08:43:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin Really A Currency or An Asset?  (Read 4206 times)
zarados

Activity: 364
Merit: 130

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 11:18:04 PM

Bitcoin has been touted as a crypto-currency, capable of replacing fiat currencies but the reality today is that most people prefer to hold bitcoins rather than spend it. Can we really say it si a currency when a large number of bitcoin users treat it as an asset?

I can say that bitcoin is a crypto currency , but with its fluctuation , people also using it as an investment or asset that someday they can earn huge profit with it. We are luckly to know about crypto currency technology because we can use it to smalling the difficulty of transaction to one another in whole country, we can also use it for investment by holding it long term. So I think Bitcoin are both of it.
DAVETUN

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

Bitcoin is the currency of this age

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 11:18:52 PM

Presently  Bitcoin is an asset, and secondly a currency,being an asset  is the  reason why every on with it  try to  reserve part  of  there  bitcoin, A currency now because it  is  now accepted as a means of  transaction in the  global world, because  of  the  advantage  of clearity and speed in the transaction.
LindaQ

Activity: 36
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 11:59:39 PM

Bitcoin has been touted as a crypto-currency, capable of replacing fiat currencies but the reality today is that most people prefer to hold bitcoins rather than spend it. Can we really say it si a currency when a large number of bitcoin users treat it as an asset?

I see bitcoin as an asset because i've never use it for buying something. I just use bitcoin like a gold, that I believe someday ,it's price will give me big profits by keep holding. Bitcoin is a crypto currency, but it still unknown for most of people in the world, So you can't use it everywhere to buying goods or services, its services just provided in some country.
Maveth13

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 12:17:30 AM

In economic terms, asset is something that generates money for you. So yes, bitcoin is an asset. And it is definitely a currency, a cryptocurrency specifically.
There's nothing wrong if a large number of user prefer to hold rather than spend. Seeing how fast the value of btc rise, it would be stupid not to take the opportunity.
k@suy

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 12:21:16 AM

Technically bitcoin is a cryptocurrency but bitcoin behaves like an asset and more people buying it as an asset because it believes it will appreciates in the future. Well we cant blame them,because as what we observe...bitcoin continue to rise from the beginning.
Ekanenf

Activity: 290
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 12:46:34 AM

Technically bitcoin is a cryptocurrency but bitcoin behaves like an asset and more people buying it as an asset because it believes it will appreciates in the future. Well we cant blame them,because as what we observe...bitcoin continue to rise from the beginning.
In short bitcoin is a currency that has been continuing to rise its value in a certain way can be associated as a asset where people can easily earn money by just holding unto it. It also works to any crytocurrency out such as eth, waves, doge and many more. But bitcoin is most used one so the change of price of is mostly upwards.
Meraki

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 12:54:05 AM

Bitcoin is a currency because it is a digital money that can purchase a thing. And it is also an asset because it is part of your property thus Bitcoin is both currency and asset.
Jerfer

Activity: 121

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 01:00:35 AM

I agree with both. I am holding it for over a year as an asset. Nobody does that with the dollar, the dollar inflates itself and is just used to pay for stuff. but I could also use bitcoin to pay for stuff too

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                ✯     Get Your FREE Coins NOW!        ✯
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                        ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
v0rtecxz

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 01:07:14 AM

In my opinion, bitcoin is a crypto currency, but when viewed from rising prices, most of them use bitcoin as an asset, I personally make bitcoin as an asset, I rarely use it to buy something with bitcoin, I prefer to keep it, and most people make bitcoin as an investment place because it can be a lucrative opportunity, the growth and bitcoin values ​​are very good maybe that's what makes them make bitcoin assets.
Ilegendph

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

Thinking on the higher plane of existence.

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2017, 01:15:48 AM

Well in my opinion, bitcoin is a currency . It posses the properties of a flat currency like dollars. You can use bitcoin to pay for the services that you needed specially online and accept it as payment for service you rendered. Like flat currency bitcoin can become an asset, because of its volatility why many people consider it as an investment but in reality , this characteristic of bitcoin also applies to flat currency.

E C O S T A R T |                              telegram      twitter      facebook                     Instant and transparent
                                   WE CREATE A CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR OUR PLANET  ▬▬▬▬   financing of environmental
[   WHITEPAPER      ONEPAGER   ]                JOIN                               projects.     
Maryasgjkdqa

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 01:45:44 AM

In my opinion, is both, and its value continues to increase over time. It helps people's lives better
Piesel

Activity: 672
Merit: 273

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 01:50:37 AM

In my opinion, bitcoin is a crypto currency, but when viewed from rising prices, most of them use bitcoin as an asset, I personally make bitcoin as an asset, I rarely use it to buy something with bitcoin, I prefer to keep it, and most people make bitcoin as an investment place because it can be a lucrative opportunity, the growth and bitcoin values are very good maybe that's what makes them make bitcoin assets.
Bitcoin is cryptocurrency to most of people. However, to me, Bitcoin is an asset. It is very valuable. Bitcoin now is my job to earn money for life, pay the cost of living. I will save Bitcoin for many purposes in the future such as buy a house, open the cafe and buy a car.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 01:53:23 AM

Bitcoin is both, it is a currency and an asset because you can use it to buy things mostly online and you can have it for long term which will give you profits if you will just keep it on a safe place and then keep it for more years because the price of bitcoin is getting higher and higher and that is how can you buy more things in the future.
bluEbluRE

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 01:53:53 AM

Gold can also be used as a currency (and was used 2000 years ago), but not it's only an asset.
FansUnite

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

https://fansunite.io

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2017, 05:59:03 AM

I think that it is both - like has been said in this thread.

A more relevant question might be - which one is it more of? Is it more of an asset or more of a currency?

It definitely seems like it is more of an asset at this time, since people buy it with the thought that it could appreciate in value as they hold it for a certain duration. But there are also ^purchases that go on with it so it definitely has currency-like qualities there.

I hope that it gets used more as each - more and more acceptance over the long term

━━━  ▌ ━━━ FansUnite │ The Protocol for Sports Betting DApps ━━━  ▌ ━━━
︽︾︽︾︽︾︽      WHITEPAPER     │    ANN   ︽︾︽︾︽︾︽
▌ ━━━  JOIN OUR TELEGRAM  ━━━ ▌
Roman Abraham

Activity: 116

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 06:14:19 AM

I think there are some terms of money, be it the fiat money and digital currency
1. Generally accepted
2. Has a stable value
3. easy to carry anywhere
4. Durable
5. The amount is limited and not easily falsified
6. Easy to share without reducing the value

I think bitcoin already has most of the terms above the above terms and is worthy of say as currency. although the price of bitcoin always fluctuates.
rodel caling

Activity: 952
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 06:23:35 AM

In my opinion, bitcoin is a crypto currency, but when viewed from rising prices, most of them use bitcoin as an asset, I personally make bitcoin as an asset, I rarely use it to buy something with bitcoin, I prefer to keep it, and most people make bitcoin as an investment place because it can be a lucrative opportunity, the growth and bitcoin values ​​are very good maybe that's what makes them make bitcoin assets.
i agre with your opinion mate bitcoin have potential to growth in the world of crypto currencies, i keep also bitcoin for my investment for the future asset using the bitcoin as decenratralised currency many people around here in the forum save the bitcoin because bitcoin save and safety investment using the privatekeys.
alva5763

Activity: 451
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 06:25:11 AM

Read this article this morning.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/buy/bra-tycoon-michelle-mone-selling-192m-dubai-apartments-bitcoin/?WT.mc_id=tmgoff_fb_tmg

That is a large sale via bitcoin. Good publicity for btc. Perhaps other altcoins will follow soon.
Rumor

Activity: 35

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 06:25:56 AM

I'm on the side that it is both. It's a currency since you can buy things with it, but an asset as well in that people hold on to it for long periods of time. Even though I say it's an "asset," eventually those people will either die holding on to it or cash out.
ludbega

Activity: 840
Merit: 659

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2017, 07:09:45 AM

Read this article this morning.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/buy/bra-tycoon-michelle-mone-selling-192m-dubai-apartments-bitcoin/?WT.mc_id=tmgoff_fb_tmg

That is a large sale via bitcoin. Good publicity for btc. Perhaps other altcoins will follow soon.

Sure, it's gonna be a real huge thing ! This is one of the last points that must be allowed. Purchase of physical properties in all countries.

So, with the various regulations, with the legalization of the Bitcoin in different countries, things accelerate for BTC. The US economic situation is not exceptional far from it, and if the second hurricane hits. They will lose a lot.

Un tiens vaut mieux que 2 tu l'auras
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: