Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:14:41 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin Really A Currency or An Asset?  (Read 4206 times)
jokowi

Activity: 867
Merit: 522

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 05:53:47 PM

it is a Currency because you can earn it   save it and use it  to sell any thing like clothes food ..............

what make it famous is global and security

What is currency? It is a kind of article that is used to trade with all other commodities in the market. There, they are always validated and accepted by governments. And bitcoin is gradually gaining all the above factors.
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 04:17:15 AM

I love bitcoin I mine it and buy it to save but it is pretty useless as a currency. I keep a couple hundred bucks in a blockchain wallet on my phone thinking I will find somewhere to spend it. I look everywhere I go and have found no one that accepts it. I have only used bitcoin to buy things twice and both were online once for a trezor at cryptohardware and the other at newegg.

It would be awesome if I could spend it anywhere but very few places to do so.
In spite of what you stated above, it is obvious you are never letting go and only reason is because you know you don't need any conviction that Bitcoin is not useless. As a currency, you can readily exchange to other currencies acceptable in your locality. If it were not difficult to find an exchange for it, that's when you complaint would have been credible.

As a store of value, compare the inflation rate with other assets to see for yourself when the demand for it can't help but increase.
libert19

Activity: 2534
Merit: 952

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2017, 04:19:49 AM

It's a currency being used as an asset.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
usman.temuri

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 04:28:15 AM

Bitcoin Is An Asset, Not A Currency.Neither in future. There's two problems with bitcoin as currency its value is unstable and its transaction

processing is too slow
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 04:29:04 AM

I am considering bitcoin as a currency and an asset in the same time because bitcoin can be exchange into fiat when bitcoin price is in high price and in the other time, we can use bitcoin as an asset or investment.

Many people including me using bitcoin to trade with fiat to make profit and i still safe bitcoin in my other wallet and i want to sell my bitcoin when the price is increase later. I know if we want to sell in high price, we need to waiting until the price is reach the price we sell so we can make profit.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
andthereyou

Activity: 616
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 04:44:57 AM

Bitcoin has been touted as a crypto-currency, capable of replacing fiat currencies but the reality today is that most people prefer to hold bitcoins rather than spend it. Can we really say it si a currency when a large number of bitcoin users treat it as an asset?

It depends on the people using the bitcoin. For those people invest in and hold the bitcoin then they are considering bitcoin as asset. For those people do campaign to earn bitcoin and convert it to cash or use bitcoin to buy goods then they are the people consider the bitcoin as currency. There are also the hybrid who consider billtcoin as currency and asset they are the one who earn bitcoin through campaign and they used bitcoin to buy goods and put some portion as investment. 😁
Salman Ahmed

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 05:04:54 AM

due to the limited of Bitcoin,  its prices will continue to rise, and in order to earn more profits, people tend to use it as an investment, when its price stable it will be a currency i think
1NV3ST0NM3

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 05:21:00 AM

This is the biggest question for any cryptocurrency even the biggest of governments are facing the same issue. But I believe that as of now it is much of an asset only considering the fact of its limited supply. The value of this asset will always grow but yes when its prices stabilize a bit it may be used as a uniform currency after that.
Emworks

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 05:54:26 AM

Its really doesnt matter to me if bitcoin is a type of currency or a form of asset.As long as its useful as cash and a profitable investment, then I will just leave it that way..
The one thing i concern about bitcoin is to become fully recognized of all the goverment in different country as valueble like other asset and currency and not a huge treat to economy.
Argon2

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 05:59:17 AM

Bitcoin has been touted as a crypto-currency, capable of replacing fiat currencies but the reality today is that most people prefer to hold bitcoins rather than spend it. Can we really say it si a currency when a large number of bitcoin users treat it as an asset?
It's technicallly a set of unspent outputs... Neverthless you are thinking in the present not the future. Bitcoin is still "experimental".
diegz

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 07:45:19 AM

With what's happening today, it is more like an asset than a currency. People keep it because of value and "speculation" that it may have a greater value the next time they visit the exchanges. Aside from that, with only few places and shops where you can use it, all you can do is to keep it(Which makes it look like an asset)

In time, I think it that perception about bitcoin will change. Not when the value increase, but when the user increases.

iyan33

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 08:15:53 AM

With what's happening today, it is more like an asset than a currency. People keep it because of value and "speculation" that it may have a greater value the next time they visit the exchanges. Aside from that, with only few places and shops where you can use it, all you can do is to keep it(Which makes it look like an asset)

In time, I think it that perception about bitcoin will change. Not when the value increase, but when the user increases.

yes of course this time many of the users who use bitcoin unlike the initial function of bitcoin as currency but as an asset that has a valuable value, perhaps because of the fluctuations of the bitcoin that can change its function.
jvdp

Activity: 1148
Merit: 523

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 08:24:34 AM

yes of course this time many of the users who use bitcoin unlike the initial function of bitcoin as currency but as an asset that has a valuable value, perhaps because of the fluctuations of the bitcoin that can change its function.

It may be now bitcoin is an asset and valuable digital currency. But soon it will become a legal currency and soon it will be used by all of us.But before that ,bitcoin should replace the dollar. And it should replace the banking and the digital banking. So at soon the bitcoin will replace the currency.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Fundalini

Activity: 644
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 09:16:31 AM

Bitcoin was fundamentally created as an asset AND as a currency so it is both. It just so happens that thinking of it as an asset is the new fad and the people using it as a currency are the minority. In fact, if we remove those minority in the bitcoin ecosystem, money flow coagulates and it would in bitcoin being "sick" and die.
Basmic

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 09:23:01 AM

Bitcoin was fundamentally created as an asset AND as a currency so it is both. It just so happens that thinking of it as an asset is the new fad and the people using it as a currency are the minority. In fact, if we remove those minority in the bitcoin ecosystem, money flow coagulates and it would in bitcoin being "sick" and die.
This is more proof that people should not be allowed to have influence on major decisions. The consequences can be unpredictable. From the moment everyone began to speculate and use bitcoins as a Deposit and began the countdown. If the situation does not change bitcoin will die.
Dhaaaw

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 09:33:56 AM

It should probably renamed to cryptoasset, most people here will use it as a currency and i think that's really a dumb thing to do since buying w pizza 7 years ago with 10 thousands bitcoin could litterally buy you an island today. I don't really consider people who buy everyday stuff with bitcoin to be the smartest people around.
Bitcoin is an asset and it should always be.
sapnu

Activity: 1036
Merit: 286

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 09:38:37 AM

In my opinion, it relies in between being an asset and currency. For investors, it is an asset that increases its value as time passes by. And for its users, it is a currency because they may use it to buy the things that they want, especially in countries where Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency is legal as a currency. I believe that it is currently an asset because there are still places where it can't be used as a currency.
kpcian

Activity: 826
Merit: 529

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 10:39:49 AM

I think Bitcoin should be both. not only a currency but also a great asset. most of the people are using Bitcoin for the shopping purpose but it also should be used for the future purpose. Bitcoin has become a popular platform for making a profit.

day by day it is getting acceptable in many countries, especially in the developed country's people are using Bitcoin different purposes. so you can call it both currency as well as an asset whatever you want.
ChristianPogi

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

I'm just a Nobody.

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 11:18:39 AM

Of course Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency, as you can see other countries start accepting bitcoin as one of their payment methods. But I agree about you said that people preferred to hodl their bitcoin rather than spend it because they already forecast what will happen in bitcoin in the future. Me? I would rather to hodl my bitcoins but for now I need it for our daily needs in life.

Ahhh.. ok
djsugar

Activity: 686
Merit: 262

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 11:23:54 AM

Bitcoin is both currency and investment asset. But largely now Bitcoin has turned into an investment asset because of its limited cap which results into appreciating its price with time. With holding Bitcoin you can earn good profit that is why people tend to save it and use fiat currency for everyday transactions which will depreciate in value with time and hence holding it would be baseless.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: