Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:25:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin Really A Currency or An Asset?  (Read 4206 times)
Restmand

Activity: 979
Merit: 258

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 04:15:02 PM

I believe that more users view bitcoin as an asset in order to earn as much money as possible. As a currency, you can not use it anywhere yet, due to the fact that many people have not heard about it.
Yeah bit coin really is a type of currency but a virtual one that has no physical form like other currencies e.g. dollar, euro or dirham etc. I can’t say it is an asset because an asset is something that you hold physically where bit coin never exits physically, it’s a virtual currency which is mostly used by the tech lovers.
i think it is both, it is a currency and also an asset. bitcoin is an online currency, it can be converted into a physical money and what is good thing about it is, we can get a large amount of money or we cana have a savings comming from it, thats why it is good to save bitcoin, it can be our asset for the next few years, so as long as you can earn it, earn it, it is not impossible to be a millionaire someday because of this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheGodFather

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 04:22:08 PM

I believe that more users view bitcoin as an asset in order to earn as much money as possible. As a currency, you can not use it anywhere yet, due to the fact that many people have not heard about it.
Yeah bit coin really is a type of currency but a virtual one that has no physical form like other currencies e.g. dollar, euro or dirham etc. I can’t say it is an asset because an asset is something that you hold physically where bit coin never exits physically, it’s a virtual currency which is mostly used by the tech lovers.
bitcoin is an asset, we can consider it as asset because it is our money, our wealth, and it has a value thats why i consider it as an asset, but i also consider it ass a currency we all know that bitcoin is  a cryptocurrency in the internet we can get a money thru it, thats in terms of its definition it is a currency. so in order for us to understand it well bitcoin is a currency and it has a value thats why it is our asset.
Bagong91

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 05:05:31 PM

can't
you say people still consider this bitcoin asset for the future because they know bitcoin increase its exchange rate in the future.

●     ►     ◯        M O N O P O L Y   M I L L I O N A I R E        ◯     ◄     ●
█    Diversified Gaming Platform Covering Staking, NFT and Metaverse Games    █
Facebook         |         Twitter         |         Telegram         |         LinkedIn         |         Github         |         Discord         |         Medium         |         Reddit
AgatioX

Activity: 546
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 05:10:28 PM

In my opinion - treat Bitcoin as asset only is stupid.
I think it is AND money AND asset.It is just something that can be used in both ways.

Maybe in future he will move more to "money" side but still...
kingntking

Activity: 98
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 08:38:19 AM

Its really doesnt matter to me if bitcoin is a type of currency or a form of asset.As long as its useful as cash and a profitable investment, then I will just leave it that way..
The one thing i concern about bitcoin is to become fully recognized of all the goverment in different country as valueble like other asset and currency and not a huge treat to economy.
That's cool. Seriously, as far as it is serving us profits, does this really matter what is it, asset or currency. We can buy some stuff directly paying in bitcoins and we can also convert it into fiat. This way, it reflects the features of both so no one cares if we think of it as a currency or an asset.
rockie87

Activity: 163
Merit: 1

ICOForums.net - A Cryptocurrency & ICO Forum

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 06:20:08 AM

According to me many people consider bitcoin as an asset by holding it for a longtime to make more profit out of it rather than spending it as currency.

_____◢  ICO Forums  ◣___▁
New Forum for Cryptocurrency Discussion
 ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ◥  www.icoforums.net  ◤ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅
GeniusAko

Activity: 434
Merit: 117

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 06:22:39 AM

For me, I can considered the bitcoin as currency and asset. Having a bitcoin is really great because we all know that the bitcoin is very important and very valuable. I can say that I am one of the lucky person because I hold bitcoins.
777Bitcoin

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 06:25:35 AM

Could I separate them both?. I don't thinks so, it is how you treated it then that's the description of it. Like me, I used it as a currency for I can buy so many things using it but I also hold it for few months for a reasonable increase so I can also categorize it as my assets. It really depends on how you handle bitcoin and how you want to categorized it yourself but in the end it always be the same.
Shamie1002

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 06:39:10 AM

I have already posted a topic answering this question too. And yes, bitcoin is an asset that has many features including decentralisation, volatility and anonymity.
It is an asset but functions like currency.
Yes some say that it lacks characteristics but it already functions as a currency. There's no way someone can stop it right?
LateralThinkerer

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 06:47:13 AM

Bitcoin has been touted as a crypto-currency, capable of replacing fiat currencies but the reality today is that most people prefer to hold bitcoins rather than spend it. Can we really say it si a currency when a large number of bitcoin users treat it as an asset?

It is both. This way it's special.
Metoo.14

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 07:01:03 AM

Although large community use but only delicious MMO industry is rarely brought to use the exchange of goods.
dragonusa9

Activity: 756

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 07:05:04 AM

even a lot of people holding bitcoin, some of them still using bitcoin as way of online payment. on the meaning its both to currency and asset. on its purpose that bitcoin is a great item that can be used for invest or exchange into fiat, that make the good point of bitcoin. nothing dominant from currency or asset, because bitcoin can be used as both.
unbotak

Activity: 686

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 07:10:34 AM

even a lot of people holding bitcoin, some of them still using bitcoin as way of online payment. on the meaning its both to currency and asset. on its purpose that bitcoin is a great item that can be used for invest or exchange into fiat, that make the good point of bitcoin. nothing dominant from currency or asset, because bitcoin can be used as both.

Bitcoin focuses itself as currency, investment assets are the options that come after that, bitcoin is never thought of for that, but because the trend is always moving fast and continues positively, bitcoin is able to play a double role, I still think that bitcoin is only for the means of payment in the online world.
bitcoinsocial09

Activity: 413
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2017, 07:47:29 AM

Bitcoin has been touted as a crypto-currency, capable of replacing fiat currencies but the reality today is that most people prefer to hold bitcoins rather than spend it. Can we really say it si a currency when a large number of bitcoin users treat it as an asset?
As for me, bitcoin is an asset. People can consider it as an asset because it is our money or our own wealth. Because it is our earnings. It has also a value that's why people can consider it as an asset. But then, people can also consider the bitcoin as a type of currency used inside the internet. Because as we all know, bitcoin is called an asset but inside the internet, it functions as currency or sometimes called a cryptocurrency. Therefore, bitcoin can also be a currency that has a value that's why it is our asset.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
bitbob82

Activity: 630

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 08:26:51 PM

I think bitcoin is the currency and assets, the assets that must be stored in the future to be exchanged for money to buy something, or pay bills online and offline when we need it.
You are hundred percent correct bitcoin is a currency as well as an asset whenever you need to pay your utility bills or buy something online bitcoin is the best currency you can use and it is a perfect asset   which will be required in the future or for a rainy day then it will be very easy for you at that time and as we know that bitcoin will rise high in the future so it will be a best asset for us in the future.
pushups44

Activity: 854
Merit: 281

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 08:33:03 PM

Bitcoin is both a currency and an asset. In fact, it has already been designated as such legally in Japan with more countries to follow. However, it is a currency that has not yet reached mainstream status or acceptance.
neya

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 09:26:08 PM

bitclin for me is an asset and a currency. i can say its a currency when i exchange it already to our money and cash out or use to pay my bills. and i can say its an asset when i keep it in trading that will use in future

TRUEPLAY.io
TRANSPARENT AND HONEST GAMBLING PLATFORM ♣ PRE-SALE STARTS 15th APR, 2018 ♠ 30% DISCOUNT
sitebounty ann thread  ♠ wallet
Vikingr

Activity: 798

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 07:13:30 PM

Surely it act as both an online currency and an investment asset for people. People use it as online currency by making a lot of transactions online for the sale/purchase of their products and as an asset by making long term investments in bitcoins for their future purposes.
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 04:41:56 PM

Gold could be a stable investation ground, but the growth of its market is low. Bitcoin can be an more lucrative investation alternative with its fluctuations and its market growth who keeps showing a promising growth.
lalabotax

Activity: 1526
Merit: 132

BK8 - Most Trusted Gambling Platform

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 05:01:10 PM

Yes, bitcoin is an asset for the future. I was saving in bitcoin, holding and waiting until the price exploded. and I will benefit. because bitcoin has become my future asset.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: