Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:11:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin Really A Currency or An Asset?  (Read 4206 times)
KevinSutrisno

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:39:32 AM

depending on you, if you save it then it will be a very valuable asset later on but if you intend to use it for shopping and trading then that means currency. I use both of my bitcoins

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MoneyJ

Activity: 1022
Merit: 504

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:42:05 AM

To my mind, it depends on how one would use bitcoin. For everyday transactions in crypto, it serves as a currency. For keeping it in a long period of time and use as a long term investment, it is consider an asset.

█████████████████████████████
████▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀▀████▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀████
███▀ ███████▄ ██ ▄██████▄ ███
███ ████▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████████████
███▄ ███████▀ █▄ ▀██████▀▀███
████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄████▄ ▀▀▀▀ ▄████
.GoMeat.  300+ STORES ALREADY ONBOARD
 THE FIRST PROJECT OF ITS KIND

ONLY 160K TOKENS REMAINING
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
mastica

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:35:22 PM

Bitcoin can be used as currencie as can be used as asset, Venezuela is considering legalize bitcoin, because they will be able to acess more dollars, that is a stable currencie for a country with soo many issues as hyperflation. I do use bitcoin as currencie to pay some bills, to buy some things as well, but im saving some because i know its potencial. A lot lifes had changed due to bitcoin, and well it can be used as currencie, store of value, payment processor, this are the mains things that bitcoin is good for.
kiwi77

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 06:03:51 PM

Bitcoin has been touted as a crypto-currency, capable of replacing fiat currencies but the reality today is that most people prefer to hold bitcoins rather than spend it. Can we really say it si a currency when a large number of bitcoin users treat it as an asset?
bbs98

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 06:17:50 PM

Maybe in some countries bitcoin can be used as a currency to legitimize government regulations, but in my country when the government forbids bitcoin to be a tool for transactions, some people in my country only make Bitcoin for long-term investments. .
Javathon

Activity: 169
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 06:32:14 PM

It is both a currency and an asset. The price inflates and the use of bitcoin grows at the same time.
perfect999

Activity: 1610
Merit: 299

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:11:13 AM

Bitcoin has been touted as a crypto-currency, capable of replacing fiat currencies but the reality today is that most people prefer to hold bitcoins rather than spend it. Can we really say it si a currency when a large number of bitcoin users treat it as an asset?

Yes, bitcoin is an asset for the future. I was saving in bitcoin, holding and waiting until the price exploded. and I will benefit. because bitcoin has become my future asset.
I am also seeing bitcoin in future as an asset because bitcoins are limited in the system and the rate of bitcoin is going very high so in future bitcoin would be treated being an asset although bitcoin is a currency. I predict that in future it would be treated in both senses  but basically it is a currency and may be after legalization across the world bitcoin in the system enhanced.
Cryptohunt

Activity: 192
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 05:09:46 PM

indeed, in fact many bitcoin owners prefer to withhold bitcoin rather than spend it,
but it's their way of enriching themselves because seeing the ever-rising bitcoin price keeps many people tempted to hold it,
because there will be more benefits there.
jizenlianyong

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 06:25:40 PM

I prefer to use bitcoin as a means for long-term contribution. So far I see in this more prospects for enrichment. However, the time will come, and we will be able to use bitcoin on a par with dollars and other customary currencies. While most use bitcoin as a means of earning in the short or long term, because it is very convenient and profitable.
gamalzour

Activity: 566
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:40:15 AM

Bitcoin is a currency and an asset too. Both are the means of income. If you deal bitcoin as a currency, then it is a currency. If someone realizes bitcoin as an asset, then it is an asset. Anyhow what really bitcoin is not an issue the purpose is making more and more money. You should not think what really it is, you should think bitcoin will give you profit or it is just a waste of time.
Kmrherradura05

Activity: 62
Merit: 11

soohi

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 08:46:36 AM

Bitcoin is a digital currency. It can only be considered as an asset when they try to hold it rather than spending it. When you try to invest it,it will now be considered as an asset. People tend to keep it because the exchange is favorable.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13]  All
  Print  

Jump to: