Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:10:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WAVES trading volume question!!  (Read 656 times)
CryptoBagHolder (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 06:01:51 PM

Why does WAVES trading volume suck balls!!?  It's so low!!  That's why WAVES is going nowhere!! What does everybody think about this? I've been bag holding WAVES for awhile now and despite good news about it, the price just stays steady!!  I'm afraid to dump because with my luck it will pump hard for it may be a sleeping giant!!  Who's with me on this!!?
headachy

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 06:05:36 PM

50000000 coins are in wallets for leasing. Don't worry about volume, volume can go up in a matter of minutes.
Moxleytgf

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 06:33:05 PM

Why does WAVES trading volume suck balls!!?  It's so low!!  That's why WAVES is going nowhere!! What does everybody think about this? I've been bag holding WAVES for awhile now and despite good news about it, the price just stays steady!!  I'm afraid to dump because with my luck it will pump hard for it may be a sleeping giant!!  Who's with me on this!!?
That's right, a lot of people thought it was good, but I bought it and waited for it but the good was coming.
But now I see WAVES not having many variables being pumped
sylance

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 06:53:59 PM

50000000 coins are in wallets for leasing. Don't worry about volume, volume can go up in a matter of minutes.

This... and because Waves is crowded out with all the noise in crypto.  There's just so many coins competing for dollars and BTC that it's hard to push through.  I still believe in Waves, but it's a loooooong term hold.  Meanwhile, leasing gives me a small passive income.

This Burger King thing could be the catalyst though.  If successful, it could lead other companies to do something similar which drives more attention to the platform.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
sammy.one

Activity: 68

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 07:12:33 PM

I ran a node for a few months, had enough to do that, I really believed in it... but yeah, so much good news, so little price movement. And now the volume has been decreasing steadily for a few weeks now. It's one of those "jack of all trades, master of none" issues I believe. Also combined with their terrible marketing, I think it's a bummer, but I think there are so many other better opportunities out there. I liquidated my stack a few days ago. The LPoS is a POS if you catch my drift. There is no economic incentive to run a node. There are <100k funded wallets, 60k of the funded wallets have 1 wave or less. So only ~30k active users. Coinbase adds 100k users/day at times. Also due to the poor economics there are only ~130 nodes to support the network. Less than 200 nodes?? And with such a high barrier to entry for nodes now, which is 10k waves or ~$50k, there won't be a lot of nodes in the future. So much for decentralization.

So yeah. The red flags started flying and I am moving onto much greener pastures.
Cicada1033

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 07:17:11 PM

This... and because Waves is crowded out with all the noise in crypto.  There's just so many coins competing for dollars and BTC that it's hard to push through.  I still believe in Waves, but it's a loooooong term hold.  Meanwhile, leasing gives me a small passive income.

This Burger King thing could be the catalyst though.  If successful, it could lead other companies to do something similar which drives more attention to the platform.

May I ask you how much you earn per week by leasing. A lot of people say like 1% per week but when I check the calculators it's more like 0,1% per week. I'm still unsure about leasing my waves because I don't to lease my waves for more then a month just to earn the transaction fee.
Your infoswould realy help a lot  Smiley

ModulTrade ║  DEMOCRATIZING GLOBAL TRADE WITH BLOCKCHAIN TECHNOLOGY  ║ ModulTrade
The Freedom To Trade▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ White Paper ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬The Freedom To Trade
FacebookMediumLinkedinTwitterTelegramReddit
sammy.one

Activity: 68

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 07:35:54 PM

This... and because Waves is crowded out with all the noise in crypto.  There's just so many coins competing for dollars and BTC that it's hard to push through.  I still believe in Waves, but it's a loooooong term hold.  Meanwhile, leasing gives me a small passive income.

This Burger King thing could be the catalyst though.  If successful, it could lead other companies to do something similar which drives more attention to the platform.

May I ask you how much you earn per week by leasing. A lot of people say like 1% per week but when I check the calculators it's more like 0,1% per week. I'm still unsure about leasing my waves because I don't to lease my waves for more then a month just to earn the transaction fee.

I ran a node for 2 months. The ROI was abysmal. Like really bad. There isn't very much transaction volume..... on my 10k Waves i had running the node, over the course of 2 months, counting all the MRT i received, I netted (since I had to pay for server space) ~4 waves. So muuuuch much closer to 0.0001% than the 1% promised by Sasha, and a far, far cry away from the $2-3k/month Sasha also promised to node runners.

Now it's worse. They added the ability to use *any* token as a transaction fee. So any terrible token could be used, you don't even have to use Waves anymore.

Broken promises on ROI for leasing, very low node support <150 total nodes, very low user support <100k funded wallets, very bad marketing and there you go. That's my take.
KingCanute

Activity: 48

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 07:37:39 PM

I held waves for a bit because I liked the concept (and in fairness I made a decent profit) but got bored with them in the past month or so. The product just isn't that good. It's a bit of a bad 90s concept. It reminds me of AOL for some reason.
Poink

Activity: 350
Merit: 122

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:17:55 PM

Good [Suspicious link removed]d product but I don't see it being a good investment.

The reason is the developers using this platform can use other coins (i.e. BTC, ETH, LTC, etc.)...not just WAVES.  

That sucks!!!  I sold all my WAVES...and yeah it was painfully slow if you asked a few satoshi above the BID LOL
vtos marketing

Activity: 24

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:24:33 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2018, 06:30:18 PM by vtos marketing

I think the use of tokens from waves is the best way to crowdfund real icos and pay for services, so in the long run they will be very important.

waves have a tendency to be a future strong currency,  we are developing a social video network using etherum tokens ( VTOS)

teaser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8F1E__jnfc

be ready in the coming month we are going to start the marketing campaign

regards.

edgardo aguirre
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:27:29 PM

whales are tanking day by day . looking for cheap waves and they hold.
i will hold them untill 100$ october is soon
laluna24

Activity: 511

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:34:32 PM

I have hope on waves that I'm still holding waves in my portfolio. Yes the price is very low so I hope it will go up and I can see there are many who hold on this coin. The price is cheap so for sure once it will rise we can get earn huge profit.
headachy

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:42:53 PM

Just sell your coins boys, I'll be buying them. If you tell me a better project than Waves, with bigger news than Waves and with bigger future than ok I'll be selling Waves. But there is no coin better than Waves...for such a young coin with such a big name in crypto is unbelievable.
faatipoke

Activity: 321

Token That Will Transform The Venture Capital Mark

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:49:09 PM

wavesplatform is so buggy, I do not understand what the waves team is doing in their work hours. Why does it take so long to update the dex and solve these bugs and make the user interface better.

headachy

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 09:05:54 PM

Platform is live from april this year and it's an alpha version...this project is huge and it takes time I don't know how some of you just don't get it.
subG

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 10:01:30 PM

I wouldn't call a 5 million USD daily trading volume low.  https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/waves/  Waves is a great project and the team is doing great in the marketing and development departments.  There's a lot going on for Waves.  Follow their https://twitter.com/wavesplatform to get updates and news.  I see it breaking new all time highs sometime this year. 
sylance

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 11:07:30 PM

It's not much to be honest.  My annual return is about 1% in Waves, but you also get other tokens when you lease.  Last week I also received: Miner Reward, Mercury, Wavesnode.net, Waves Community, and a few other lesser known tokens.  If you plan to hold for awhile, then I'd for sure lease them out.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: