Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:25:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How many coins do you hold ?  (Read 1205 times)
jdlr (OP)

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 07:01:34 PM

I am not sure this is a god strategy, I have 5-6 coins, and try not to keep more than that as it becomes impossible to keep following the coin's news.

Is holding up to 5-6 coins only too risky ?

how many do you hold and what is your rationale for that number ?
karabasss

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 07:08:21 PM

I am not sure this is a god strategy, I have 5-6 coins, and try not to keep more than that as it becomes impossible to keep following the coin's news.

I think that 5-6 coins is very little.
I would hold 10 to 15 coins. This will reduce the risks. If some coins do not rise in price, then my deposit will still grow due to the high price of other coins.
Now in my portfolio of 9 coins, but I started to form it recently

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
Riddikulo

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 07:14:12 PM

First. Always check are you using correct myetherwallet website. Correct have SSL like this:

Second. Try another browser, try to clean cash. Actually this is normal procedure for such a problem.
sonawer

Activity: 308
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 07:38:37 PM

i hold near 5-10 coins by small parts btc, eth, etc, taas, dash, ripple,lsk....
saiscoin

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

The Alt Whisperer

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 07:42:25 PM

I hold 9 , 10 if you include Gas

Poink

Activity: 350
Merit: 122

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 07:44:53 PM

I hold 15-20 coins.

No real reason, just whenever a coin looks promising, I get some.  Some get more and others get purged.  This is just after 2 months in the crypto game.

For me, the list and qty of coins continuously fluctuates and evolves.
FrankNoland
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 07:59:41 PM

I am holding a few coins on my bittrex wallet, close to six as well. I wouldn't say that its risky since diversifying sometimes works best. What I mean by that statement is that holding multiple coins is an opportunity to benefit from multiple sides(coins in this case). If you are just holding one coin, if it falls you loose since you don't have any alternatives. So you should actually consider holding multiple coins best.

Digital asset exchange for settlement, clearing, custody and trading of various digital assets, utilizing distributed ledger technologies, programmed on the blockchain -https://bex.global
cryptocrusher

Activity: 420
Merit: 136

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:00:34 PM

Personally I hold currently 12 coins but it fluctuates between about 8 and 20. Really the answer as to how many you should hold depends on firstly as you said; how many you are actually able to keep a track of and secondly how many coins you actually believe in. If you only believe in one coin, only hold one coin, if you believe in 30 then hold 30.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                                                     A p p Download ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store     [ WEB VERSION ]                                 ❱❱JOIN b e t f o r m❰❰
                       F o l l o w us ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ WHITEPAPER TELEGRAM FACEBOOK TWITTER
MissionPhailed

Activity: 583
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:00:59 PM

Currently just a small amount of only one coin as I sold a bunch weeks ago. I'm planning to gradually get back into crypto and five different coins is my absolute minimum too, although more is undeniably better. I'll put a significant portion of my future crypto in BTC because entirely into alts hasn't worked very well for me. Alts I'm definitely gonna grab are DGB, Bitbay (BAY), Lisk, Ark and Waves.
Rabi3

Activity: 1204

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:01:24 PM

I'm trying to hold the maximum of deferent coins, but unfortunately I have only 5 coins and they are neo, adex , btc, ETH and nav coin and after 3 days I will get my aventus coin from my participation in signature compaign

poncik

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:10:27 PM

I don't have any coin Smiley
How can you follow 10+ coins??

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      SWIPE      │      Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
artem6662

Activity: 448
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:14:33 PM

If you the long-term holder, it is possible to hold more coins. The short-term holder needs to track news and then it is better to hold less coins

Poink

Activity: 350
Merit: 122

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:25:19 PM

Blockfolio Wink
LittleDiver

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:41:52 PM

Some people spend 24 hours a day trading and so actually manage to follow 10 or even 20 coins. You should keep as many coins as you feel comfortable with.
I hold BTC because it is the most established coin and few more alternative coins: Litecoin, Peercoin, Namecoin, NXTcoin. That makes 5 coins for me. Choose the perfect number for yourself. Don't rely on the opinion of other traders as they all have different strategies and spend different time on research and trading.
mace15

Activity: 1428
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:46:51 PM

Blockfolio Wink
You may install and use blockfolio to easy to track all your coins hodling. Ive been hodling for about 5-8 coins in my portfolio. Some of it are for long term investment, hodling is also good for a better huge profit. So before investing also verify of what coins are worthy of your hard earned money.
faatipoke

Activity: 321

Token That Will Transform The Venture Capital Mark

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:53:10 PM

Number of coins I owned increased during these recent days after chinese ico thing occured. I bought more coins because price is decreased, now I have 12 different coins.

btcjocan

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 09:01:17 PM

Currently just a small amount of only one coin as I sold a bunch weeks ago. I'm planning to gradually get back into crypto and five different coins is my absolute minimum too, although more is undeniably better. I'll put a significant portion of my future crypto in BTC because entirely into alts hasn't worked very well for me. Alts I'm definitely gonna grab are DGB, Bitbay (BAY), Lisk, Ark and Waves.

For now I am not thinking of those coins to invest for that, all I am focusing is the coins that I got which is PLR which has good potential to rise even better for the next several months. Also I already sold it 20% of the holdings I had but I control my emotions of not selling it in an earlier time, because It may come to a certain point that I regret that decisions just like what happened on my mco coin previous 3 months it has only 0.0003 value at bittrex and now it's sell value was 0.002. Much expensive compared from the previous value in the market, and with that scenario I promised to myself to hold my coins and wait for the right time that the it will become expensive so I can sell it and gained bigger profit.
leslie4u

Activity: 868

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 12:49:56 AM

5-6 coins isn't risky if you have done your homework. There are lot of POS coins but the problem is people think these coins would make them rich overnight. However, POS is a long term investment. One needs to carefully study the market, community and then invest. Currently I am staking Onion/1337/NET/OHM/BRO etc etc.

There are some POW coins as well which are profitable to hold, for example Terra, the price is rising because masternode will be released by end of this month; most importantly it had a good community and dev.
wayaneka

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2017, 01:36:02 AM

I holding 7 coin that have good in fundamental to minimum the risk like ETH,LTC,DASH,Waves,Ten x pay,Omisego and Civic. I will hold more if i find good coin .

Rosma Yeni

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 01:46:23 AM

I want keep as many coin as i feel comfortable,i am trading for many coin and i will keep my coin until i sell as many 30%. i will trade again, i collect the coin and wait for the right time i will sell my coin with a high price so I can get many profit.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: