Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 02:41:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin ICO Executive Predicts a Cryptocurrency Correction Coming Soon  (Read 502 times)
SMSCHAIN (OP)

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

Decentralized A2P SMS platform

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2017, 08:42:56 PM

What do you think about that:

“In September and October we’ll see a second wave of ICO [Initial Coin Offering] hype. I expect crypto prices will surge as demand rises and investors need Ether to invest. In November I expect we’ll see a correction. In January, I predict prices will come back.” - Nicolai Oster, Bitcoin Suisse AG.

More info: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bitcoin-ico-executive-predicts-a-cryptocurrency-correction_us_599d86c2e4b056057bddcfb9

DimaZ88

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 09:09:57 PM

That sounds about right. There's a giant list of ICOs launching this month, though I wonder how this China ban will affect that. My hopes is that the legitimate ICOs will become easier to spot. Personally I know Ether and Bitcoin are here to stay, inevitably they'll have drops, but they'll ultimately continue to increase in value. The same isn't true of all the other altcoins though.
shyliar

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 10:11:55 PM

Well the article was written 08/23/2017 (and speech was a week earlier) before China, Korea decided to crack down on ICOs. Likely many of those ICOs will be cancelled. So not really relevant at this point.
0o

Activity: 41

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 10:19:13 PM

I don't think this prediction is anything special. After prices go up a lot, you have corrections. You don't need a guru to tell you that.
StockBet.com

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Make A Bet on WORKING SOFTWARE

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2017, 10:20:23 PM

“Forecasts may tell you a great deal about the forecaster; they tell you nothing about the future.”

--- Warren Buffett

housebtc

Activity: 588
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 10:53:46 PM

“Forecasts may tell you a great deal about the forecaster; they tell you nothing about the future.”

--- Warren Buffett

I will like to know more about the forecaster, does he have history of making noise like this in the space or has he made any prediction that comes true
StockBet.com

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Make A Bet on WORKING SOFTWARE

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2017, 11:33:44 PM

I will like to know more about the forecaster, does he have history of making noise like this in the space or has he made any prediction that comes true

If he had a history of making accurate predictions, the article would have mentioned them.

0o

Activity: 41

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 02:33:38 PM

If he had a history of making accurate predictions, the article would have mentioned them.

Now with hindsight, with Bitcoin having doubled its price since, we can establish the true value of this man's predictions.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 02:38:44 PM

Now with hindsight, with Bitcoin having doubled its price since, we can establish the true value of this man's predictions.

not at all, people invest in ICOs using ETH and even he is saying that in his prediction!
"...I expect crypto prices will surge as demand rises and investors need Ether to invest."
and as you can see Ether price is nearly the same with even a little bit of decline in the past 2 months. so if anything price has gone down and the opposite way of how he predicted it.

there is zero relationship between bitcoin and ICOs. maybe some people use BTC to buy ETH and then invest in ICOs but that is about it.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Passive Coin

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

Passive Coin - low supply coin with backing fund!

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2017, 02:48:10 PM

--- Warren Buffett

LoL
I agree with the above absolutely.
Talking about crypto as a overall market get me nervous.
Of course, we will see some signs of maturity within the crypto-world.
A lot of shitty-mitty "empty" coins that bring nothing to the market (except pump and abandon) will disappear.
We will see quality coins and projects stay good way ....
Talking that the whole crypto-market will go down is idiotic.
The same way, you can tell people that all shares on NYSE will go down the whole November because Swiss bankster want this...  Grin

◄ Passive Coin Project Website ►
 ◄ Low 500K Supply Coin with Growing & Diversified Backing Fund! ►
●  Passive Coin Bitcointalk Topic  ●  Buy & Sell Passive Coin  ●  Passive Coin Twitter  ●  Passive Coin Facebook  ●
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: