Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 03:59:26 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: For sale: 1 Btc Brass Casascius 2011 Coin with Typing Error in Hologram  (Read 1002 times)
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2017, 04:18:05 PM

Only because I don't honestly know how to handle all the details and make everything go smooth. I actually am quite sorry for that.

No worries, friend. In the future if you need help you should just ask one of us. A lot of us would be happy to help you set up a sale thread - we could give you the text and formatting for you to literally copy and paste into a thread.

It's a pretty helpful bunch here (most of us). Some of us are curmudgeons.
mursus (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 06:31:38 PM

Only because I don't honestly know how to handle all the details and make everything go smooth. I actually am quite sorry for that.

No worries, friend. In the future if you need help you should just ask one of us. A lot of us would be happy to help you set up a sale thread - we could give you the text and formatting for you to literally copy and paste into a thread.

It's a pretty helpful bunch here (most of us). Some of us are curmudgeons.

Thanks HabBear for the good words and help offer, I appreciate it.
(Thanks for also teaching new English word).

mursus (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 07:09:22 PM

Thanks HabBear for also mentioning earlier the other similar for sale thread. I would have otherwise missed it.

Seems like right value for these coins vary between 1,5-2,1 BTC.

Unfortunately I haven't got any offers for this one. Could be partly because the seller is a newbie member. It might also affect significantly that I have different kinds of terms than what is customary.

I try to find out tomorrow if there's a delivery company who carries these coins insured.

If so, I could make a sale for 1,7 btc if anybody is interested.

Otherwise I'll probably end this thread and let it be for undefined time.

Lesbian Cow
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 1752

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 07:21:56 PM

Thanks HabBear for also mentioning earlier the other similar for sale thread. I would have otherwise missed it.

Unfortunately I haven't got any offers for this one. Could be partly because the seller is a newbie member. It might also affect significantly that I have different kinds of terms than what is customary.

I try to find out tomorrow if there's a delivery company who carries these coins insured.

It is because your terms of trade are too complicated.

The better way:  Buyer sends btc to escrow.  You send physical coin to escrow.  Escrow sends you btc upon receipt of coin and sends coin on to buyer.

To err is human, to moo is bovine

https://www.instagram.com/lesbiancow212/
mursus (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 07:12:29 AM

It is because your terms of trade are too complicated.

The better way:  Buyer sends btc to escrow.  You send physical coin to escrow.  Escrow sends you btc upon receipt of coin and sends coin on to buyer.

Thanks Lesbian Cow and congratulations for one of the perkiest usernames here Smiley

I start slowly to accept that the public opinion is on that side and I might have to review mine.

mortare

Activity: 765
Merit: 283

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2017, 09:35:13 AM

Damm, so much drama here  Cheesy

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
mursus (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 05:49:58 PM

I was a bit late today trying to find out about possibilites for insurance.  When I reached customer service for a home insurance company, they didn't have their back office any more open so they promised to get back to me tomorrow.

Practically same thing for another courier company, need to contact their customer service tomorrow again.
mursus (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 03:40:26 PM

Turns out it's much more complicated than I had thought to get a Casascius coin insured when it is sent abroad.

I inquired about personal / home insurance and transport insurance for businesses. It is possible to get the insurance but depends for example on recipient's country.  Home insurance didn't cover valuable collectibles if they are sent abroad for sale. Luckily I'm an entrepreneur and can take the insurance for my company as well.

Seems that it could be even possible to take double insurance. For courier companies, DHL is probably the only one I know of that offers coverage for collectibles. In addition, one of the big bank/insurance companies offers additional insurance for items one sends via courier company.

So, next step would be to know the country of recipient.
mursus (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 04:00:35 PM

I took today a little time to browse this Marketplace subforum for a little longer. Seems that there are lots of uncertainity and many different practices for terms of sales .

I would suggest the users joined together for writing down the best practices to minimize risks for both parts of a deal - an escrow included.
dazedfool
Legendary

Activity: 1524
Merit: 1133

derp

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 09:00:34 PM

I took today a little time to browse this Marketplace subforum for a little longer. Seems that there are lots of uncertainity and many different practices for terms of sales .

I would suggest the users joined together for writing down the best practices to minimize risks for both parts of a deal - an escrow included.

I think you should offer worldwide hand-delivery.  Wink
mursus (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 04:35:50 AM

I think you should offer worldwide hand-delivery.  Wink

Yes  I actually do, but only for you, my friend, and for the special price of 2,5 btc. Where shall we meet? Wink
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: