Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:08:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What happens when the US makes crypto-currency illegal?  (Read 8786 times)
Loozik

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 12:32:34 AM

I think we've gone significantly off topic.

So we have. I just simply can't resist when a fellow human being calls himself a citizen / slave and seems to be proud of it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ktttn

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Capitalism is the crisis.

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 12:38:47 AM

I'm really not going to put any more effort than that into this discussion with you (because judging from our past discussions, you are just going to go off on some silly tangent about how words have no meaning).

Don't be a pussy and tell me what a citizen is. I am starting to think you are just throwing words without understanding their meaning.

Don't be a pussy - this guy will pay you $25,000 (ongoing contest) if you can provide a single evidence there is at least one citizen on this planet http://marcstevens.net/

For you entertainment http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9-eImAWCqw

You, my lovely and intelligent and correct comrade, need some better deriding slurs.
Don't get me wrong, I ignored that deluded halfass lazy troll, but in all fairness, resorting to discouragement of pussydom doesnt nearly do your argument justice.
/nitpicky form critique
Here's a good definition for citizen... the proud consumer of a police state.

Wit all my solidarities,
-ktttn
Ever see a gutterpunk spanging for cryptocoins?
LfkJXVy8DanHm6aKegnmzvY8ZJuw8Dp4Qc
Stampbit

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 01:03:16 AM

Im sure this has been said before, but if cryptocurrencies are made illegal then they are dead in the water. Without the ability to switch them out for real money that are effectively worthless.
Loozik

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 01:44:10 AM

Don't get me wrong, I ignored that deluded halfass lazy troll, but in all fairness, resorting to discouragement of pussydom doesnt nearly do your argument justice.

True. I called him a pussy. This is my opinion of him that he is a pussy (I can put forward convincing arguments). Although factually he is a human. He can use this thread to defend himself.

1. It is not a good definition of a citizen. It does not tell me what a citizen factually is (is it a cat, is it a dog, is it a pudding or is it a piece of paper, is it a human, is it a bicycle, is it a brick?).

2. Let me give you an example what I mean by ''factually'':
- if I want to know what your ID document factually is, I want to know it is a piece of plastic or a piece of paper; I do not want to know your or somebody's else opinion that it is / might be a proof of your ID or your age or a document allowing you to raise a loan - these are opinions / these are subjective.
- if I want to know what a constitution factually is, I want to know it is a piece of paper with ink on it; I do not want to know your or somebody's else opinion that it is / might be a supreme law of the land or a document giving you certain rights or bullshit or legal gibberish - these are opinions / these are subjective.

3. Now tell me, if you can, what a ''state'' factually is - I want to understand your definition of a citizen.
Chaoskampf

Activity: 182

order in numbers

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 02:31:04 AM

Just like the price of anything that becomes prohibited by law (and for which there still exists an enormous demand for), Bitcoin's value will skyrocket through a few thousand dollars at least. While doing business in BTC will no doubt become close to impossible in broad daylight, keep in mind that there's always Tor (however slow and tedious).
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 03:31:52 AM

True. I called him a pussy. This is my opinion of him that he is a pussy (I can put forward convincing arguments). Although factually he is a human. He can use this thread to defend himself.

1. It is not a good definition of a citizen. It does not tell me what a citizen factually is (is it a cat, is it a dog, is it a pudding or is it a piece of paper, is it a human, is it a bicycle, is it a brick?).

2. Let me give you an example what I mean by ''factually'':
- if I want to know what your ID document factually is, I want to know it is a piece of plastic or a piece of paper; I do not want to know your or somebody's else opinion that it is / might be a proof of your ID or your age or a document allowing you to raise a loan - these are opinions / these are subjective.
- if I want to know what a constitution factually is, I want to know it is a piece of paper with ink on it; I do not want to know your or somebody's else opinion that it is / might be a supreme law of the land or a document giving you certain rights or bullshit or legal gibberish - these are opinions / these are subjective.

3. Now tell me, if you can, what a ''state'' factually is - I want to understand your definition of a citizen.

Factually, and historically provably, a State is a group of people who claim and attempt to enforce a monopoly of violence over a given territory. Statists hate that definition, but cannot FACTUALLY counter it.

Citizen is a bit more slippery. In a democracy (which in my opinion is potentially the most oppressive of all forms of tyranny), a citizen is generally a nominally human person who has the franchise.

However, in operating practice, the only place I can think of where having that franchise ACTUALLY gives an individual even a modicum of power over the ruling apparatus is Switzerland.

The term "citizen" is deliberately obfuscatory. It can mean a number of contradictory things. In it's original conception (as near as I can determine), it literally meant "city dweller" and purposely excluded the people outside the boundaries of the city state as in the case of Athens.

Back then it had significantly more impact on the individual outside of their own head. It entailed a great deal of responsibility, including being an active part in the rule of the city-state. That principle carried through somewhat to Rome, where being a citizen gave a man much more privilege and personal power than NOT having the title. It could be purchased, in fact, and often was. The cost was great, and not just in sestercii. Prior to the idea of universal suffrage, the commoner (peasant, denizen, vagabond) understood that they were subject to a ruling authority, but had no illusions as to being actually a PART of said hegemony. Democracy is a grand con game. It allows the commoner to have the illusion that they make  a difference to the State, other than as a milch cow. As Emma Goldman put it so well: If voting could make a difference they would make it illegal.
Loozik

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 05:40:35 AM

Factually, and historically provably, a State is a group of people who claim and attempt to enforce a monopoly of violence over a given territory.

Do I correctly read your statement that ''a state'' factually is a few / many humans? More than one and less than all 7 billion? - it doesn't matter at the moment (for this exercise) what these humans do.
Zarathustra
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 06:08:42 AM
Last edit: May 27, 2013, 06:24:52 AM by Zarathustra

Surprised to read here, that there are 'Hero Members' who believe to be a human, the same time as they are enslaved and forced to pay protection money. A protection money payer who is proud to be such a citizen, can only be a mafioso, a happy slave, but never ever a human. An enslaved domestic pig is not a pig. Therefore a domestic human cannot be a human; at best a cartoon of it. As hard as it sounds: we are not humans, as long as we accept gods and rulers, and exactly that is the case since the so called neolithic revolution, the birth of the tragedy: the monogamous patriarchy (idiocy/imbecility) instead of anarchy.
Hawker
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 06:28:17 AM

Surprised to read here, that there are 'Hero Members' who believe to be a human, the same time as they are enslaved and forced to pay protection money. A protection money payer who is proud to be such a citizen, can only be a mafioso, a happy slave, but never ever a human. An enslaved domestic pig is not a pig. Therefore a domestic human cannot be a human; at best a cartoon of it. As hard as it sounds: we are not humans, as long as we accept gods and rulers, and exactly that is the case since the so called neolithic revolution, the birth of the tragedy: the monogamous patriarchy (idiocy/imbecility).

Lets see.  You re-define words to mean that people who agree with you are clever and everyone else is less than human. 

Pathetic.
Loozik

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 06:37:32 AM

we are not humans, as long as we accept gods and rulers

We are humans and have always been humans. We are beautiful creatures Smiley

The problem is some of us were brainwashed (since they were kids for a long period up till now) to believe some of the humans somehow are superior (and have moral right to extract money from others) because of the objects called:

- gods (although no-one ever empirically evidenced an existence of a single god - yes, there are pictures of gods, but they rather prove creativeness of painters) or

- states (although no-one ever empirically evidenced an existence of a single state - yes, there are lines on maps drawn by people called politicians, but these lines were never proved to be a reality when looking at satellite pictures)

Surprised to read here, that there are 'Hero Members' who ...

I am even more surprised that a guy whom I labeled a ''pussy'' and the other guy labeled a ''troll'' has no courage to earn BTC 100 from me for providing an evidence he is a citizen and the so called US government regulations apply to him.
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 06:43:41 AM

we are not humans, as long as we accept gods and rulers

We are humans and have always been humans. We are beautiful creatures Smiley

The problem is some of us were brainwashed (since they were kids for a long period up till now) to believe some of the humans somehow are superior (and have moral right to extract money from others) because of the objects called:

- gods (although no-one ever empirically evidenced an existence of a single god - yes, there are pictures of gods, but they rather prove creativeness of painters) or

- states (although no-one ever empirically evidenced an existence of a single state - yes, there are lines on maps drawn by people called politicians, but these lines were never proved to be a reality when looking at satellite pictures)

Surprised to read here, that there are 'Hero Members' who ...

I am even more surprised that a guy whom I labeled a ''pussy'' and the other guy labeled a ''troll'' has no courage to earn BTC 100 from me for providing an evidence he is a citizen and the so called US government regulations apply to him.

Try google. 
Loozik

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 06:45:15 AM

Try google. 

Try proving.
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 06:46:20 AM

Of course a human != citizen.

Good. I assume this exclamation (!) is for a negation.

If you are right that a human is not the same as citizen, than a human cannot be a citizen.  Just like a dog is not the same as a washing machine, therefore a dog cannot be a washing machine.

You just proved yourself not to be a citizen. Why on Earth do you keep calling yourself a citizen?

Think that though.  Not all rectangles are squares but that doesn't mean a square is not a rectangle.  Not all humans are citizens but all citizens are human.  

Loozik

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 06:49:18 AM

Not all humans are citizens but all citizens are human.  

Prove this claim true with either rational or empirical evidence and I will pay you BTC 100.
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 06:52:22 AM

Prove this claim true with either rational or empirical evidence and I will pay you BTC 100.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=define%3Ahuman&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a

hu·man 
/ˈ(h)yo͞omən/
Adjective
Of, relating to, or characteristic of people or human beings.
Noun
A human being, esp. a person as distinguished from an animal or (in science fiction) an alien.
Synonyms
adjective.     humane
noun.     man - person - human being - individual - soul - mortal

I think you will find that anyone who is a citizen meets that criterion.

Keep the money - I feel sad for you that you pretend not to know how to use Google because you don't like the search results from "define: human"
Zarathustra
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 06:55:48 AM

Think that though.  Not all rectangles are squares but that doesn't mean a square is not a rectangle.  Not all humans are citizens but all citizens are human.  

That's wrong. Domestic pigs/humans are not pigs/humans. Only free pigs/humans are real pigs and humans.
Loozik

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 06:58:00 AM

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=define%3Ahuman&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a

hu·man  
/ˈ(h)yo͞omən/
Adjective
Of, relating to, or characteristic of people or human beings.
Noun
A human being, esp. a person as distinguished from an animal or (in science fiction) an alien.
Synonyms
adjective.     humane
noun.     man - person - human being - individual - soul - mortal

I think you will find that anyone who is a citizen meets that criterion.

Keep the money - I feel sad for you that you pretend not to know how to use Google because you don't like the search results from "define: human"

I don't want you to prove you are a human. I want you to prove you are a citizen. For proving you are a citizen, you will get:
- BTC 100 from me, and
- USD 25,000 (on-going contest) from this guy http://marcstevens.net/ you can even call him during the radio show.

Just show the evidence you are a citizen or an evidence of a state, and this money is yours.
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 07:00:06 AM

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=define%3Acitizen&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a

cit·i·zen  
/ˈsitizən/
Noun

A legally recognized subject or national of a state or commonwealth, either native or naturalized.
    An inhabitant of a particular town or city.

Synonyms
subject - burgher - national - denizen - townsman

If you think someone will pay you for saying you are a citizen, go for it.  My bet is the guy will refuse to pay.

For future reference, if you are struggling to get the clear meaning of a word go to Google and enter "define: " and the word.  Works every time. 
Loozik

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 07:09:42 AM

A legally recognized subject or national of a state or commonwealth, either native or naturalized.

It's an opinion. It doesn't tell me what a citizen factually is. You can't prove anything with an opinion. You prove something with facts and evidences that back these facts.

An inhabitant of a particular town or city.

Do cockroaches and dogs live in cities? If yes, than cockroaches and dogs are also citizens, right?

Are those (humans, dogs and cockroaches) that don't live in a particular city non-citizens then?

Why do you blindly rely on google?
Loozik

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 07:14:45 AM

If you think someone will pay you for saying you are a citizen, go for it.  My bet is the guy will refuse to pay.

You simply don't get it. I am not paying you (or anyone else) for saying you are a citizen. I am paying for proving you are a citizen.

Let me draw a parallel: if you claimed you were Napoleon or an alien from another planet or a lamp, I still wouldn't pay you BTC 100 for just saying you are a Napoleon or an alien or a lamp. I would pay you for proving you are one.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: