Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:23:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Group Buy] OPEN -0.083 - Avalon Chips - Tentative Escrow by John K. (USA) + PCB  (Read 4459 times)
mike2kt (OP)

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 09:07:02 AM
Last edit: June 02, 2013, 12:38:06 PM by mike2kt

Group buy price: 0.083/ASIC

At this time the United States and Canada group buy requires a pledge of at least 1,000 Avalon ASICs combined before an escrow account can be established. Once we have tentative orders for 1,000 Avalon ASICs, John K. will create the receive address for this group buy. Note that any tentative orders will need to be resubmitted to the escrow address once it is established. Orders prior to the escrow account setup will retain priority until the group buy reaches 1,000 chips

The structure of this group buy will strongly mirror t13hydra’s group buy https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=189582.0, but is differentiated in that no pass-through Europe is required for residence of the United States and Canada. This substantially reduces the cost to ship to the US buy over ~$200/order.

Once the Avalon ASICs arrive, they will be shipped 2-3 Day USPS Priority mail at no cost to the purchaser in the the USA. This includes 5,000 USD of item insurance. Optional signature confirmation will be available.

Outside of direct Avalon ASIC-only orders, full units (currently focused on the Klondike – 16) are expected, but are NOT guaranteed in any way, to be available. Group buy members can direct their order to their address or have their ASICs installed on a separately purchased board IF the option becomes available.

More details to follow once the first 1,000 Avalon ASICs have been tentatively spoken for. This group buy will close June 30.

If you are interested in joining this group buy - please post a comment with the number of ASICs you would like to order. These first posts are in no way a binding contract.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mike2kt (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 09:37:28 AM
Last edit: May 27, 2013, 01:37:10 AM by mike2kt

I do want to clarify, the 1,000 ASIC order is a total of all orders…it is not a 1K minimum per person. The 1K order is the combined inclusion of everyone. 16, 32, 64, etc quantities are perfectly valid for this group buy.

All group buy tentative orders made prior to the escrow account will have priority in this group buy list until the order is full (10,000 Avalon ASICs), or before June 30th, whichever comes first.

mike2kt (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 01:40:33 AM

- 128    (Via PM)

To establish the group buy, 872 chip orders need to be pledged before the escrow account is established.
awgilyas

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 01:02:59 PM

I made the 128 chip order. Finally got out of the n00b purgatory.

1AwangATDktxLw8e6VaDijw9AMWz5wy8bx
therustytrombone

Activity: 129

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 09:27:22 AM

I'll go for 128 too
Radamus

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 01:43:18 AM

Finally I can post. I would like 16 and assembly.

Thanks for putting this together!
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 02:00:56 AM

I'm a little unclear exactly what is being delivered. Just chips? Chips mounted on a board? If so, what's the board, how does it interface, etc...?

Thanks!

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
mike2kt (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 04:47:43 PM

At this time this group buy is for ASIC chips ONLY. The 0.083 BTC price ONLY includes the ASICs. No other hardware/services are included.

Given the timeframe, there MAY be options to have Purchase ASICs mounted to a board and ready to go out of the box in the near future. BUT THIS SERVICE IS NOT GUARANTEED AND NOT INCLUDED IN THE ASIC 0.083 BTC PRICE.

Orders are binding after your funds have been used to pay for a batch. Before that (while coins are piling up for the next batch), you can demand for a refund and will get it paid back in full BTC. Note that after you get refunded, I will not accept future orders from you (to prevent free risk-offloading to me). In case Avalon stops selling of chips all collected BTC will be transferred back to the senders.

Please reference t13hydra’s thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=189582.0;topicseen as this group buy will resemble developments closely of this group buy (shipping excluded).

I’m more than happy to take questions, but I can’t answer/provide pricing/provide availability until the 3rd party Avalon venders finalize their products and make them available. These items are out of my control.

I know there is a disparity between ASIC orders and third party board vendors at this time. At this point it’s too early to make this service available...my intent is to try and provide full out-of-the-box solutions once the PCBs are produced, but again, I can’t guarantee the timeframe of their availability.

-Michael
mike2kt (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 05:20:02 PM

Let me see if I can get an estimate on the preliminary K16 boards... It’s good to have friends at a Freescale office... Within less than a three minute drive from my house.  Grin
Streets 2.0

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 11:27:56 PM

I read through hydra's thread and have a few questions for you

How are you going to verify your identity with John K. ie. photo ID, personal info, fb page, etc.?

Where are you located?

Radamus

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 02:27:50 AM

I know there is a disparity between ASIC orders and third party board vendors at this time. At this point it’s too early to make this service available...my intent is to try and provide full out-of-the-box solutions once the PCBs are produced, but again, I can’t guarantee the timeframe of their availability.

Understood. I'm still interested in 16.
mike2kt (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 12:14:48 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2013, 12:49:01 PM by mike2kt

How are you going to verify your identity with John K. ie. photo ID, personal info, fb page, etc.?

Where are you located?

A completely valid and appropriate question.

Just as a general question, I am located in Austin, Texas.

Although this group buy has not reached the 1K minimum chip order for his escrow service, I will still go ahead and send John my identification documents within the next 48 hours contingent on John's availability.

This will include USA and state documentation. No flippant documents like Facebook will be sent. However, even after documentation, the minimum 1K order will need to be pledged before John will setup the group buy address (to which I have NO access to).

awgilyas

Activity: 147

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 12:20:53 PM

Let me see if I can get an estimate on the preliminary K16 boards... It’s good to have friends at a Freescale office... Within less than a three minute drive from my house.  Grin

Lovely.  Grin

1AwangATDktxLw8e6VaDijw9AMWz5wy8bx
Streets 2.0

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 12:46:01 PM

Where are you located?

A completely valid and appropriate question.

Just as a general question, I am located in Austin, Texas.

Although this group buy has not reached the 1K minimum chip order for his escrow service, I will still go ahead and send John my identification documents within the next 48 hours contingent on John's availability.

This will include USA and state documentation. No flippant documents like Facebook will be sent. However, even after documentation, the minimum 1K order will need to be pledged before John will setup the group buy address (to which I have NO access to).

Thanks for the speedy response

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: