Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:14:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: base58 to wif help 0.2btc reward  (Read 598 times)
btchelpme123 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 11:30:25 AM

the old blockchain wallet from a few years ago let you save your pvt keys but was in base58 format example xprv9z3cKTxgg67knsZysV6cZ5HPTyCmk7UnpPmTpo4GC5YyreYK9rn3pBGKgjNgAxu5uirpe2p29t3 YffhuQ951YLgmvm94DNdoMpkPT2HqBJP

now step forward a few years there no wallets that let me import the keys i need a way to change about 400 base58 keys into a diffrent type of key so i can sweep or import all my old wallets theres 0.2 btc for anyone who can help me do this

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 11:51:10 AM

If you are talking about Blockchain.info wallets, you might find this link helpful.
https://github.com/OmniLayer/omniwallet/wiki/Exporting-Private-Key-from-Blockchain.info-and-Importing-to-Omniwallet.org
btchelpme123 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 12:02:59 PM

thanks but the keys i have are extended private keys no wallet lets me import them
aleksej996

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 12:04:12 PM

Delete your key please if you have any coins there!
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 4917

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2017, 12:09:40 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2017, 12:25:40 PM by mocacinno

That's not base58, that's an xprv (a master private key)
HD wallets use an xprv to derive other private keys from...

You either missed, and copied the wrong key, or you have a bunch op master private keys (in case they all start with xprv and have a similar lenght to this one).

Either way, it's not that hard to derive the first x private keys/public keys/addresses from each xprv in your list by using a small python script... You can then import those private keys directly into electrum or core...

The only thing is: you'll need to know the correct derivation path we have to use to derive the private keys from the master private key...

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
aleksej996

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 12:10:07 PM

thanks but the keys i have are extended private keys no wallet lets me import them

Go to "My Messages" on this forum. I will contact you there for privacy reasons.
aleksej996

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 12:39:20 PM

You either missed, and copied the wrong key, or you have a bunch op master private keys (in case they all start with xprv and have a similar lenght to this one).

Either way, it's not that hard to derive the first x private keys/public keys/addresses from each xprv in your list by using a small python script... You can then import those private keys directly into electrum or core...

The only thing is: you'll need to know the correct derivation path we have to use to derive the private keys from the master private key...

These are BIP32 keys. There is an open source site called bip32.org that formats these keys to a normal WIF format.
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 4917

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2017, 12:57:27 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2017, 02:37:52 PM by mocacinno

These are BIP32 keys. There is an open source site called bip32.org that formats these keys to a normal WIF format.
ike i said in my post: they're master private keys, afaik, that's just a synonym of a BIP32 Key.
BIP32 is the BIP where they described key derivation...
Even if the OP uses bip32.org, he still needs to know the derivation path, and he still has to import those private keys derived from his 400 xprv's by hand... Like i said in my previous post: a small python script could saved him hours/days of work... The only thing i have to know is the derivation path and wether or not he messed up and accidentally pasted a master private key instead of something else...

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████