Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:26:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin core sendmany issue  (Read 317 times)
zoltanb (OP)

Activity: 162
Merit: 24

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 11:49:52 AM

I am trying to use the sendmany option of bitcoin-cli. My problem is as follows: is there any way that I could tell sendmany, to calculate the input accounts based on the balances, instead of using a specified account as the first parameter?

I've read, that the accounts parameter is deprecated, and shouldn't be used anymore, if this is the case, what is the proper usage of the sendmany function?

Others have written, that in this case, the first parameter should be simply ommited by adding a "" the empty string to it, but I somehow managed to create an address which has as it's account name, the empty string "". Whenever I try to use sendmany with the empty string it always says that I have insufficient funds (which is true, if we look at the address with the empty string as account name, but it would be false, looking at all the other addresses that I have).

I've tried to find a way, to delete the address which has the empty string as it's account name, but I couldn't find a way to do this.

Anyone facing/faced a similar situation that knows a solution to this?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 12:47:21 PM

First of all, you can change the label of the address, so that it isn't "" anymore. If you have the GUI then you could simply go to the receiving addresses and click on the address's label to change it, as I remember.

You should also be able to select the addresses that you wish when sending coins if you enable the coin control feature in the Settings. This is all assuming you have the GUI of course.
zoltanb (OP)

Activity: 162
Merit: 24

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 12:49:12 PM

First of all, you can change the label of the address, so that it isn't "" anymore. If you have the GUI then you could simply go to the receiving addresses and click on the address's label to change it, as I remember.

You should also be able to select the addresses that you wish when sending coins if you enable the coin control feature in the Settings. This is all assuming you have the GUI of course.

Unfortunately we can not access the GUI as it is a dedicated server without monitor attached.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: