Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:55:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Byteball help: How to get the sum of all wallets?  (Read 315 times)
thejaytiesto (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 01:01:22 PM

I finally got my hands on some GBYTE. The payments worked, but I have a bunch of wallets, like 6 wallets, because I used one GBYTE address per BTC address, so when I had like 10 addresses on a wallet, it wouldn't create new GBYTE addresses, so I needed to create more wallets. I ended up with 6 wallets. My question is: How can I see the sum of GBYTE that im holding on all 6 wallets? and also blackbytes. Do I need to get my calculator off and sum it manually? because that's pretty lame.
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 01:44:31 PM

I have the same question. I received my Byteballs in different wallets and now I find myself calculating how much I have with the windows calculator.

Why isn't there an option in the wallet to see the total holdings across all wallets? I mean this is so easy to program, yet I can't find it. I don't know if someone told me there was I way and I forgot but I can't find it right now.
BitcoinArsenal

Activity: 924
Merit: 556

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 01:52:53 PM

I did not really get your problem to be honest. So, you have created six wallets (means six different seeds) to link each wallet to a particular Bitcoin address, right? If so, there is no other way as looking up the respective wallet balances on the Byteball explorer manually.
To give you a hint: The amount you get for your linked Bitcoins is very low since the yesterday's distribution. In October there will be no distribution. Next one is in November and there you will also only get very low earnings for your Bitcoins. Why don't you just send your Byteballs to one account? It is much easier to manage.
thejaytiesto (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 02:33:50 PM

I did not really get your problem to be honest. So, you have created six wallets (means six different seeds) to link each wallet to a particular Bitcoin address, right? If so, there is no other way as looking up the respective wallet balances on the Byteball explorer manually.
To give you a hint: The amount you get for your linked Bitcoins is very low since the yesterday's distribution. In October there will be no distribution. Next one is in November and there you will also only get very low earnings for your Bitcoins. Why don't you just send your Byteballs to one account? It is much easier to manage.

I created different wallets because I ran out of receiving addresses. I don't know if there's 6 separate seeds or you can recover the entire thing at once.

Since the program holds all the wallets at the same time, there should be a way to know the sum of all wallets without you having to sum it manually.

Why I didn't link everything to a single address? well because that's pretty stupid for anybody that knows how bitcoin's privacy work.

Btw, I have received an incredibly disappointing amount of byteball for the amount of BTC that I linked, looks like I wasted my time.
luvbeening

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 02:56:48 PM

I created different wallets because I ran out of receiving addresses. I don't know if there's 6 separate seeds or you can recover the entire thing at once.

Since the program holds all the wallets at the same time, there should be a way to know the sum of all wallets without you having to sum it manually.

Why I didn't link everything to a single address? well because that's pretty stupid for anybody that knows how bitcoin's privacy work.

Btw, I have received an incredibly disappointing amount of byteball for the amount of BTC that I linked, looks like I wasted my time.

1.i don't know what you meant "ran out of receiving address"....new receiving address can always be created even you just have 1 wallet.
2.there is nothing to do with bitcoins privacy work or not,if you think you can hiding away the trace with just divided it to 6 address or 6 wallets then it's useless actually...what do you think why there are a lot of linked address with huge amount of BTC,by your logic then they have to use hundred or thousand wallets then....so....i just use 1.
Memoransom

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 07:59:00 AM

I need help guys, i lost my phone, so i also lost my wallet, now am trying to recover my bytes because i know my blackbytes are gone because i didn't do a full back up.
I keep getting this as a reply, "INVALID SEED" am soo confused because am sure of what i copied.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: