Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 09:11:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC - BCC  (Read 522 times)
GMopper (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 04:37:48 PM

Hi,

I have an question, and hopefully can someone help me?
I want to buy Some goods with BTC. the btc are Before... 1 august
I have not yet, split the BTC and the BCC.... on my ethereum wallet.

When i Sell the BTC, do i also sell the BCC rights ....
Or can i still awoke them even when the Btc coins are gone?

Thx !

GMopper
TryNinja
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 7045

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2017, 06:09:50 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2017, 08:32:08 PM by TryNinja

Hi,

Thx !

GMopper
If you had BTC before the fork, you got the same amount in BCC.

They are now different coins, which means that you either spend your BTC or BCC. You may have both BTC and BCC in the same address which contained BTC before the fork (if you didn't move any of them afterwards). If that's the case, you will have to import your address in a wallet that supports Bitcoin Cash - i.e Electron Cash - to be able to spend them, and use a regular BTC address to spend your Bitcoins.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
azarharus

Activity: 23

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 07:07:17 PM

Hi,

Thx !

GMopper

They are now different coins, which means that you either spend your BTC or BCC. You may have both BTC and BCC in the same address that you contained BTC before the fork if you didn't move any of them afterwards. If that's the case, you will have to import your address in a wallet that supports Bitcoin Cash - i.e Electron Cash - to be able to spend them, and use a regular BTC address to spend your Bitcoins.
azarharus

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 07:14:13 PM

Hi i had bitcoins on armory before the split and now sent to different wallet can i use the armory wallet addresses which are now empty to import to electrum cash and still get the bitcoin cash thanks
Hi,

Thx !

GMopper

They are now different coins, which means that you either spend your BTC or BCC. You may have both BTC and BCC in the same address that you contained BTC before the fork if you didn't move any of them afterwards. If that's the case, you will have to import your address in a wallet that supports Bitcoin Cash - i.e Electron Cash - to be able to spend them, and use a regular BTC address to spend your Bitcoins.
TryNinja
Legendary

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2017, 08:31:25 PM

Hi i had bitcoins on armory before the split and now sent to different wallet can i use the armory wallet addresses which are now empty to import to electrum cash and still get the bitcoin cash thanks
I'm not familiar with Armory, but I did some research to try to help you.

1. Select your wallet and go to "Backup this wallet".
2. Click on "See Other Backup Options" -> select "Export Key Lists" -> click on "Export Key Lists".
3. A new dialog will show up. Select only "Private key (Plain Base58)" and "Omit spaces in key data".

Now, download Electron Cash[1] and do the following to import your private keys:

1. In the "new wallet" wizard select "Standard wallet" -> "Use public or private keys"
2. Enter the private keys you took from Armory into the textbox.
3. See if the Balance will update with the amount of BCH you have.

[1] https://www.electroncash.org/

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
azarharus

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 10:03:37 PM

Hi thanks for fast response sounds pretty good will give it a try

2. Click on "See Other Backup Options" -> select "Export Key Lists" -> click on "Export Key Lists".
3. A new dialog will show up. Select only "Private key (Plain Base58)" and "Omit spaces in key data".

Now, download Electron Cash[1] and do the following to import your private keys:

1. In the "new wallet" wizard select "Standard wallet" -> "Use public or private keys"

azarharus

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 09:39:46 PM

Hi i did the steps you showed me and it worked but i have a prblem creating a wallet this way "Standard wallet" -> "Use public or private keys" only let me make a password and not a seed so on the same machine i made a new wallet with seed with the same password as the one with bcc in it then i tried to send the bcc to the new created seed wallet but says incorrect password, my pc is on and shows the bcc amount but cant send to the new one if i close the electron cash progamme i'm afraid i will not be able to open that wallet again can you please help as how i can fix this i have even tried to get the private keys but it asks for password and says ----incorrect password---

TryNinja
Legendary

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2017, 11:19:03 PM

Hi i did the steps you showed me and it worked but i have a prblem creating a wallet this way "Standard wallet" -> "Use public or private keys" only let me make a password and not a seed so on the same machine i made a new wallet with seed with the same password as the one with bcc in it then i tried to send the bcc to the new created seed wallet but says incorrect password, my pc is on and shows the bcc amount but cant send to the new one if i close the electron cash progamme i'm afraid i will not be able to open that wallet again can you please help as how i can fix this i have even tried to get the private keys but it asks for password and says ----incorrect password---
So, let me get this clear. You imported your private keys from Armory in a new Electron Cash wallet but didn't sent them yet to a new HD wallet (the one that has a seed) because it's showing "incorrect password" when you try to make a transaction?

If that's correct, it means that all your BCH are still stored in your addresses from before the August 1st fork. You can just do the first steps again to import the same private keys in a new wallet and don't set up a password this time (just click Next with the empty textbox), then try to send them to your new wallet (make sure you have the seed stored somewhere).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
azarharus

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 10:01:52 PM

Hi thanks it worked id tried your way and imported the keys from armory again but this time i made an new wallet first on electron cash with seed and password, and hen sweeped keys, now i have not sent it to any other wallet yet as the password works so should be ok as it is, thanks for your help.
So, let me get this clear. You imported your private keys from Armory in a new Electron Cash wallet but didn't sent them yet to a new HD wallet (the one that has a seed) because it's showing "incorrect password" when you try to make a transaction?

If that's correct, it means that all your BCH are still stored in your addresses from before the August 1st fork. You can just do the first steps again to import the same private keys in a new wallet and don't set up a password this time (just click Next with the empty textbox), then try to send them to your new wallet (make sure you have the seed stored somewhere).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: