Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 07:41:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 [273] 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 ... 487 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SEM] Semux - Official Thread  (Read 694085 times)
borderline

Activity: 798
Merit: 116

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 02:29:25 PM

hello guys

i ve just registered as delegates and spent 1000 sem for it from the official wallet ,now how is it working?

can someone help as i don t get how this is working

thanks

You need about 30000 sem for place votes to your candidate. If you didn't have 30000 sem, thru to convince someone who have to vote for you.

so basically i have spent 1000 sem for nothing

as i have remaining 1991 exactly in wich 100 is locked as i voted 100 for myself

yes next time it's better read first spent.. but don't lost the validatort account in near future it will be worth a lot

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Airdrop to BTC holders
padama

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 02:35:30 PM

hello guys

i ve just registered as delegates and spent 1000 sem for it from the official wallet ,now how is it working?

thanks

You need about 30000 sem for place votes to your candidate. If you didn't have 30000 sem, thru to convince someone who have to vote for you.

as i have remaining 1991 exactly in wich 100 is locked as i voted 100 for myself

can you explain more?

how i can recover it
and the votes i ve used ,will it come back?if yes how?

thanks

yes next time it's better read first spent.. but don't lost the validatort account in near future it will be worth a lot

can you explain more?

how i can recover it

thanks
borderline

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 02:43:42 PM

hello guys

thanks

can you explain more?

how i can recover it

thanks

can you explain more?

how i can recover it

thanks
you can't recover 1000 semux are burn.. but for me in near future you can sell your delegate wallet.data maybe not for 1000 semux for less.. so don't lost password and wallet.data
example if some one want create his delegate need to burn 1000 semux just like you, you can sell your delegate status maybe for 800 semux.. don't lost your hope

Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Airdrop to BTC holders
padama

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 02:54:56 PM

hello guys

thanks

can you explain more?

how i can recover it

thanks

can you explain more?

how i can recover it

thanks
you can't recover 1000 semux are burn.. but for me in near future you can sell your delegate wallet.data maybe not for 1000 semux for less.. so don't lost password and wallet.data
example if some one want create his delegate need to burn 1000 semux just like you, you can sell your delegate status maybe for 800 semux.. don't lost your hope
ok what about the votes i have sent to myself?
borderline

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 02:57:19 PM

hello guys

thanks

can you explain more?

how i can recover it

thanks

can you explain more?

how i can recover it

thanks

votes are not burn just locked.. you can unvote anytime and put the vote in other validator!
better thing is put your vote in a pool there are many.
semux.info
semuxpool.com
look at the previous messages someone write a list with all pools and fee

padama

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 03:03:35 PM

hello guys

thanks

can you explain more?

how i can recover it

thanks

can you explain more?

how i can recover it

thanks

votes are not burn just locked.. you can unvote anytime and put the vote in other validator!
semux.info
semuxpool.com

yes i m in one pool and voted 100 semux for one validator and voted the rest for me

but i still don t get how we mine/earn from it?

what is the purpose of bein delegates and spending 1000 sem for it?
technerd

Activity: 84
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 03:18:36 PM

hello guys

thanks

can you explain more?

how i can recover it

thanks

can you explain more?

how i can recover it

thanks

semux.info
semuxpool.com

yes i m in one pool and voted 100 semux for one validator and voted the rest for me

I believe you need to be in the top 100 vote getters to be a validator.  

You can use your remaining SEM to vote for one of the top validators (for example, pool_borderline), and everyday, you will get paid.

Outside of the top 100 which I think is your current position, I'm not sure what are the benefits of being a delegate. Perhaps some others can help.

padama

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 03:22:51 PM

hello guys

thanks

can you explain more?

how i can recover it

thanks

can you explain more?

how i can recover it

thanks

semux.info
semuxpool.com

You can use your remaining SEM to vote for one of the top validators (for example, pool_borderline), and everyday, you will get paid.

Outside of the top 100 which I think is your current position, I'm not sure what are the benefits of being a delegate. Perhaps some others can help.

that s right i m in 102 position right now

so anyone on how i can mine/earn?
padama

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:07:10 PM

anyone from the dev team or else can help?

as i don t really understand how this is working

thanks
ParanoidLunatic

Activity: 42
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:16:04 PM

You can always unvote and release your vote funds as long as you have 0.005 for the transaction fee.

https://f0me.net/
https://www.tipbot.io/
kaar

Activity: 121
Merit: 123

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:29:32 PM

thanks

Only validators can add blocks to the chain. To become a validator, you need two things:
1. Become a delegate - to become one you have to burn 1000 SEM. those burned SEM are gone for ever and you can't get them back.
2. Gather enough votes for your delegate. Only the top 100 voted delegates become validators.

Currently about 33k votes are required to get into the top 100, but this number increases over time. If you don't have enough SEM to vote for yourself, you will need other people to vote for you. To encourage others to vote for you, you can share the block rewards with them - in other words, become a pool. Once someone votes for you, the amount of SEM he voted is locked, however, at any given time he can unvote you and unlock it.
Here is a list of the current operating pools and their fees: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2159012.msg29319963#msg29319963.
If you need help setting up a pool, or have any more questions you are welcome to join the Discord channel.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
padama

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:33:14 PM

thanks

Only validators can add blocks to the chain. To become a validator, you need two things:
1. Become a delegate - to become one you have to burn 1000 SEM. those burned SEM are gone for ever and you can't get them back.
2. Gather enough votes for your delegate. Only the top 100 voted delegates become validators.

Currently about 33k votes are required to get into the top 100, but this number increases over time. If you don't have enough SEM to vote for yourself, you will need other people to vote for you. To encourage others to vote for you, you can share the block rewards with them - in other words, become a pool. Once someone votes for you, the amount of SEM he voted is locked, however, at any given time he can unvote you and unlock it.
Here is a list of the current operating pools and their fees: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2159012.msg29319963#msg29319963.
If you need help setting up a pool, or have any more questions you are welcome to join the Discord channel.

thank you

but i still don t get on how you earn anything?
Warfare

Activity: 1164
Merit: 256

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 04:55:08 PM

thanks

thank you

but i still don t get on how you earn anything?

The validators/pools you voted for will share their block rewards with you based on how much SEM you voted for them.
You have a list posted above with how much fees each of them has.

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀
monsanto
Legendary

Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005

..like bright metal on a sullen ground.

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 05:08:53 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2018, 09:11:11 PM by monsanto

The only benefit to being a delegate is the ability to become a validator. There is no other reason to burn 1000 SEM to become a delegate.

The "Register as delegate" field in the wallet should probably be moved to another location in the wallet to help prevent mistakes like this from happening. Currently it is directly below the frequently used voting fields. Now that mainnet has launched most of the delegates that will ever register have likely done so (unless the validator limit is increased above 100). The delegate option in the wallet may only be used a few more times in the history of Semux, and so could be put in a less visible location.

edit: actually now that I think about it, we could still see more than a few delegate registrations under certain scenarios.
padama

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 05:14:23 PM

hmm so basically i ve spent 1000 sem for nothing

btw i m the only one delegates in the whole african continent so please feel free to vote for me and help me out guys

my name is papamoi in the list i m in 102

~Money~

Activity: 1132
Merit: 536

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 05:19:59 PM

thanks

thanks buddy for your complete description, but i have a question, those burned coins will be deducted from coin supply ? it will be saved somewhere ?
with so many delegates registered, i think few thousands of coin supply should have been deducted by now
kaar

Activity: 121
Merit: 123

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:50:15 PM

thanks

thanks buddy for your complete description, but i have a question, those burned coins will be deducted from coin supply ? it will be saved somewhere ?
with so many delegates registered, i think few thousands of coin supply should have been deducted by now

Yes, burned coins are deducted from the circulating coin supply, so each new delegate reduces the supply of available coins. You can see exactly how many coins have been burned, and other statistics on semux.info. Right now there are 120,000 burned coins - 0.12% of the total supply.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
MasterBruce

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:59:49 PM

thanks

Yes, burned coins are deducted from the circulating coin supply, so each new delegate reduces the supply of available coins. You can see exactly how many coins have been burned, and other statistics on semux.info. Right now there are 120,000 burned coins - 0.12% of the total supply.

Good source of coin supply statistics:

http://semuxchain.info/stats

Burned coins are deducted from the supply, as well as coins held in the foundation, community and dev funds.
The remaining is shown as locked and available coins in circulation .

Currently:
Locked supply in circulation: 3,499,088 SEM.
Available supply in circulation: 1,183,807 SEM.

mdodong

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 08:00:18 PM

hmm so basically i ve spent 1000 sem for nothing

btw i m the only one delegates in the whole african continent so please feel free to vote for me and help me out guys

my name is papamoi in the list i m in 102

One way to make your delegate productive is to have it as a public pool so other can vote for you and in turn you share the rewards. Download the pool software below and set lower than  most pool fee. Then visit discord to announce your pool to get more votes and make it as validator

https://github.com/orogvany/semux-pool

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
lichnosam

Activity: 546
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 09:29:34 PM

I have 2k sem and can vote for personal validators, please write me message
Pages: « 1 ... 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 [273] 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 ... 487 »
  Print  

Jump to: