Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:27:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Casascius 1btc Gilt  (Read 776 times)
Factrocks2 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 06:46:17 PM
Last edit: September 15, 2017, 12:25:10 AM by Factrocks2

Update: Sold (9/14/17). Thread Locked

Unfortunatly, my old account (Factrocks) was locked due to inactivity these last two years, so I had to create a new account.

Up for sale is a 1btc gilt coin I bought from Casascius in 2013. I understand that since this is my first post on this account, an older member needs to post the pics.

Asking price: 2.2 btc 2.0 btc (I noticed there was a little wear on the coin (not too much though), so charging less than the current rates of 2.4-2.6)

Shipping:
- I can deal in person, if the buyer is willing to come to Seattle
- Otherwise, please be willing to have a skype video chat with me prior to sending the coin (I will make recording, as well as a video of me packing and shipping the coin at the post office for escrow)
- buyer pays for escrow and shipping

https://www.flickr.com/gp/149483997@N03/aN9x92

Factrocks2 (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 04:28:26 PM

minerjones thanks for posting the pics!

Looks like 2.2 might be a little high right now in the current market? Adjusting price: 2.0 btc
bavicrypto
Copper Member

Activity: 1848
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 03:57:01 AM

minerjones thanks for posting the pics!

Looks like 2.2 might be a little high right now in the current market? Adjusting price: 2.0 btc

i'm interested, what's your best price? And are you willing to use a middleman/escrow?

thanks

The only way is up ~bavicrypto
Factrocks2 (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 04:18:29 PM

Hi bavicrypto, thanks for your interest!

My best price offer is 2.0btc, which is significantly cheaper than other asking prices for gilt coins currently on the market (according to recent threads). Of course I am willing to use escrow. (edit: buyer pays for escrow and shipping)

If you would like to see the coin, I would be happy to arrange a skype call.
bavicrypto
Copper Member

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 09:08:32 PM

Hi bavicrypto, thanks for your interest!

My best price offer is 2.0btc, which is significantly cheaper than other asking prices for gilt coins currently on the market (according to recent threads). Of course I am willing to use escrow. (edit: buyer pays for escrow and shipping)

If you would like to see the coin, I would be happy to arrange a skype call.

I'm willing to offer 1.7-1.8btc with current prices, since it's not graded. if you would be interested, you can contact me anytime via message and we can discuss it further or arrange a skype call.
Thanks.

RealHummer

Activity: 238
Merit: 113

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 09:28:03 PM

Id offer 1.9 with escrow paid for by me
Factrocks2 (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 10:49:34 PM

Thanks so much for the offers bevicrypto and RealHummer! I appreciate the consideration, however, I am firm with my 2.0btc ask price. This is one of the lowest price offers recently for a 1btc gilt coin, and I think it's a competitive and fair price.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2017, 02:30:01 AM

Thanks so much for the offers bevicrypto and RealHummer! I appreciate the consideration, however, I am firm with my 2.0btc ask price. This is one of the lowest price offers recently for a 1btc gilt coin, and I think it's a competitive and fair price.

The problem you have is that this coin is not graded. If this coin was MS-70 then you could get 3BTC all day long, but if it were MS-65 you would be lucky to get 1.75BTC. If you are not in a rush you should consider sending to ANACS.
Factrocks2 (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 03:52:14 AM

Hi blazed! Thanks so much for the advice! I took a look at the ANACS website earlier, and was a bit confused regarding the submission form. It said that a cryptocurrency coin costed $19 to grade, however it also said the max value of the coin could only be $100. Should I instead choose the "priority" option instead of the "cryptocurrency" option? Also, I do not have a mylar flap to store the coin in for shipping. Is that necessary, or can I just ship it in the case that its currently stored in? Honestly, it seemed a little scary to send a coin worth $$$$ with an printed order form and that was the only thing holding me back from having it graded.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2017, 03:55:52 AM

Hi blazed! Thanks so much for the advice! I took a look at the ANACS website earlier, and was a bit confused regarding the submission form. It said that a cryptocurrency coin costed $19 to grade, however it also said the max value of the coin could only be $100. Should I instead choose the "priority" option instead of the "cryptocurrency" option? Also, I do not have a mylar flap to store the coin in for shipping. Is that necessary, or can I just ship it in the case that its currently stored in? Honestly, it seemed a little scary to send a coin worth $$$$ with an printed order form and that was the only thing holding me back from having it graded.

You have to label it as crypto and the max they insure is $100. ANACS will ship it back and require a signature so technically if it gets lost you are screwed (extremely unlikely). You can send it in the current air-tite.
bavicrypto
Copper Member

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:51:04 PM

You have to label it as crypto and the max they insure is $100. ANACS will ship it back and require a signature so technically if it gets lost you are screwed (extremely unlikely). You can send it in the current air-tite.

If this coin would be anacs rated I'd pay 2btc. Let me know if you have any updates on it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: