Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:58:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Help in INVEST  (Read 984 times)
Rep (OP)

Activity: 211
Merit: 66

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2017, 06:52:14 PM

Hi, i decided to invest some money in cheap altcoin for medium term but i'm new in this business, so i have queries
Is their wallets can hold this currency? please suggest.
if not and i have to hold it in the market i had bought , which market u advise me to deal with? and is it safe to hold it in the market?
Thanks

groundcontrol67

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 07:19:06 PM

Different wallets can hold different coins so it depends entirely on the coin. Most people use myetherwallet and this covers all ERC20 coins which is a very large chunk of the coins, but if you simply intend to invest, hold and sell in the future, you can just leave it on the exchange.

artem6662

Activity: 448
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 07:23:44 PM

If you are going to keep coins for a long time, it is better to send them to your wallet. Keep coins on the exchange is not safe. Example exchange btc-e

bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 07:27:08 PM

Go to the website of the coin you have bought and download their wallet, desktop or hardware. It is the safest way to store your cryptos. Even if you trust the exchange you are in, you can never tell in the future if they get hacked or something.
groundcontrol67

Activity: 106

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 07:27:20 PM

If you are going to keep coins for a long time, it is better to send them to your wallet. Keep coins on the exchange is not safe. Example exchange btc-e

Fair point, I neglected to mention that it depends on the exchange, if it's one of the major players such as bittrex or poloniex I would be surprised if anything were to happen. Though you never know and it's better to be safe than sorry if it is really a long term investment.

vincentvincent

Activity: 285
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 07:32:02 PM

If you invested in coins that are cheap now you could let them on the exchange for a while untill they are more valuable.

Let's say you buy 10 shitcoins. You leave them on the exchange. 9 of them go to zero. No problem. Leave them on the exchange.
Only one becomes 100 times more valuable: only for that coin you download the wallet whence it becomes valuable enough.
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 575

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 08:14:24 PM

Hi, i decided to invest some money in cheap altcoin for medium term but i'm new in this business, so i have queries
if not and i have to hold it in the market i had bought , which market u advise me to deal with? and is it safe to hold it in the market?
Thanks

It is not safe to hold your coins on any exchange. You might loose access to your coins without any prior warning (site being taken down, getting hack and what not).
Each coin has its own wallet. Wallet created by the developers of the coin. You should use those since those are the best and secured one.
You could try wallets that can hold multi currency but wouldn't suggest.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
JCNC

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 09:17:59 PM

Once coins you are sure (Stratis example), you can buy and withdraw to wallet. Information about wallet you always could find on coin's website or get help in their slack. So here we are talking about long term investment.
As you say medium term, you can divide your money on different exchanges so they all won't get down in one time Smiley and you will be able to trade.
_Dawid_

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 09:58:05 PM

If you buy any of ICOs you should have opportunity to download their wallet, which is better protected that the market/exchange.
Your ICO for sure have own discussion/department on bitcointalk, you have to find it and then you will have/find the best answers for your questions in respect of protections. I really recommend it to you beacause of amount of knowledge and community whom you will have opportunity to know.
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 10:31:01 PM

Thanks

Just deal with the market that already has a lot of day volume trade that gives the more convenience and guarantee for your invesment such as bittrex, bitfinex and polo (currently has a lot of problem)
But another small exchange such as the liqui should be considered as a good one and binance too.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
princerepon

Activity: 994
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 12:17:44 AM

For best security download wallet which coin you want to buy or use ETH/Waves address (which coin supported, of course not use eth/waves address). I can suggest to invest on NEO, BCH, BTC or Qtum for midterm hold. Those coin are too good for investment. good luck...Smiley
isen99ono

Activity: 742
Merit: 515

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 02:04:15 AM

Go to the website of the coin you have bought and download their wallet, desktop or hardware. It is the safest way to store your cryptos. Even if you trust the exchange you are in, you can never tell in the future if they get hacked or something.
more agree with this answer, do not ever believe the exchange 100% and do not leave a lot of money in the Exchange because we will never know when they will be shady or exposed problems in future
Hgfyop

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 02:25:47 AM

Use myetherwallet
Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 02:59:20 AM

Poloniex and Bittex are the two bigger exchanges, however you have to send your documents for verification in case of withdrawal problems. And keeping altcoins in the exchanges are not recommended due to risks of missing coins and the exchange close down and etc.
Rana590

Activity: 1750
Merit: 267

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 03:32:00 AM

Thanks

Hey money investing risk now in this time. Better suggestion for you that you can buy altcoins on the period of ico. but you have to remember to select perfect ico. Or you can buy tokens and gather them on myetherwallet. It will help you more to get high profit.
Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 05:05:47 AM

Florincoin and golem do some research before
FrankNoland
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 05:36:30 AM

Thanks

Its good to see that you are actually considering to invest in altcoins which in my opinion is one of the best moves. Investing in altcoins might be beneficial in a long run. Since you are new in this industry, there are a few coins which I might recommend to you which might in my opinion benefit you after a few years/months. There are some cheapest coins that you might find on the market, consider buying some xem, ripple, bitshares, iota. There are a few wallets such as coinomi, myetherwallet,cryptonator, which are able to hold multiple coins, so you might as well consider using one of those. If you are not willing to use coins now, you are willing to hold them, so you might as well just keep them on your bittrex wallet, or any other exchange wallet.

Digital asset exchange for settlement, clearing, custody and trading of various digital assets, utilizing distributed ledger technologies, programmed on the blockchain -https://bex.global
bustomi

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 01:39:07 PM

Some exchanger like bittrex or poloniex will be good for you, even just for holding some coin
ghosong

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 01:43:50 PM

bittrex or poloniex is also safer to store longer coins
and waiting for a good market price
MBworld

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 02:06:12 PM

Ambrosus, the world’s first blockchain-based ecosystem for the food supply chain, launched today, announces its forthcoming ICO taking place in September, 2017 with an underlying ERC20-standard token called Amber.
Combination of high-tech sensors, blockchain technology and smart contracts gives Ambrosus a chance to overcome the current shortcomings and challenges of global food supply chains and markets, becoming the world’s first publicly verifiable and community-driven system to assure the quality, safety, and origins of food.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: