Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:28:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Spondoolie SP31 not getting an IP address  (Read 486 times)
DieJohnny (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 10:01:44 PM

I am running a Spondoolie SP31 using 110V. I have an ethernet that I know works plugged into the miner, but my ASUS router is not assigning an IP address that I can tell. My Titan shows up just fine on this router with an IP. However, the Spondoolie never gets an IP. Lights are blinking on both the router and the miner as though the connection is active.

How do i debug this problem?

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
unholycactus
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2017, 10:15:31 PM

From the SP31 User Guide:

Appendix B. Find Your Unit IP Address
If you connected the SP31 to your network but cannot open the management console by typing myminer.io in the
browser (see the SP31 Quick Start Guide), you can enter the unit IP address instead.
To find the IP address you can use one of the following methods:
Router Management Console
Log into your router management console and find the list of connected devices with their IP address. In the list of
connected devices, look for an entry beginning with “miner” and enter its IP address in the browser.
IP Scanner
Run an IP scanner to scan for devices connected to your network. You can download Angry IP Scanner from
http://angryip.org/download (or use any other IP scanner of your choice). In the list of devices, In the list of
connected devices, look for an entry beginning with “miner” and enter its IP address in the browse

If you're not having any luck with your router, I'd try the suggested IP scanner.
If you're still out of luck, I'd hard reset the miner and check again.

I'd also check if the miner is connecting to the wrong address range (e.g. 192.168.0.X, but your router is set to take addresses on 192.168.1.X).
DieJohnny (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 10:43:02 PM

From the SP31 User Guide:

Appendix B. Find Your Unit IP Address
If you connected the SP31 to your network but cannot open the management console by typing myminer.io in the
browser (see the SP31 Quick Start Guide), you can enter the unit IP address instead.
To find the IP address you can use one of the following methods:
Router Management Console
Log into your router management console and find the list of connected devices with their IP address. In the list of
connected devices, look for an entry beginning with “miner” and enter its IP address in the browser.
IP Scanner
Run an IP scanner to scan for devices connected to your network. You can download Angry IP Scanner from
http://angryip.org/download (or use any other IP scanner of your choice). In the list of devices, In the list of
connected devices, look for an entry beginning with “miner” and enter its IP address in the browse

If you're not having any luck with your router, I'd try the suggested IP scanner.
If you're still out of luck, I'd hard reset the miner and check again.

I'd also check if the miner is connecting to the wrong address range (e.g. 192.168.0.X, but your router is set to take addresses on 192.168.1.X).

Scanner isn't picking up the device, it is likely configured wrong but you have to access the web page to change the settings (classic chicken/egg problem). It seems I can directly connect to the miner using USB or serial, but cannot find any instructions on how this would be possible.

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
DieJohnny (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 11:04:20 PM

Does anyone know if there should be an SD card in the MicroSD slot? Right now there is nothing inserted.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: