Bitcoin Forum
October 21, 2024, 06:30:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SEC everywhere?  (Read 313 times)
remedcu (OP)

Activity: 376
Merit: 103

Learner for Life!

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 01:36:26 AM

SEC has been contacting some ICO's and most of them are refunding the raised money.

The latest being protostarr I think.

Is it because protostarr and other ICO's have USA as their registered address for the company?

Will SEC contact company holding an ICO which have roots in any other country other than USA?

As far as I remember, USA, China, South Korea (probably) are some of the countries which are actively trying to regulate ICO. Are there any other country worth mentioning?
Cipherr

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 01:40:36 AM

Cant you post a link to show that those ICOs have been contacted by the SEC?

In any case, I suppose its en vogue to go after ICO's right now. I just hope somehow a way is found to cut out the scammy ICOs without killing them completely in a way that hurts Crypto in general.
HashFace

Activity: 406
Merit: 114

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 01:45:03 AM

yeah ... The new blood in the ICO world is kind of bringing this onto themselves by advertising, centralizing, incorporating, fund raising, making a big specticle of the thing.  Bitcoin and bunch of others launched because they were "under the radar" and secretive and grew organically from nothing ... Then were too distributed and decentralized to stop by the time regualtors noticed.
stealth.money

Activity: 561
Merit: 255

Going stealthy

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 01:52:46 AM

None, including U.S.A enforcing any ICO law.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: