Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:45:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: EtherDelta offline?  (Read 2358 times)
S.Naka

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

HUDI

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 10:22:14 AM

Too much noob push this new url, then i w8 10 day.

Tnx newbie.

That url is coming from https://twitter.com/etherdelta.
As I said in the other thread, I would say it seems legit unless
1. someone is pointing a gun at him
2. https://twitter.com/etherdelta is not the official etherdelta twitter account and older posts are part of an elaborated scam

when i w8 12 day lol

I LOVE ETH, MORE THEN BCC HAHAHAH!
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
XL2000

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 10:31:16 AM

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY !!!

Official new url: https://etherdelta.com/

It checked it, my account balance is there, trading works.

POSSIBLE SCAM URL: etherdelta.gitnub.io/

Please note it is not gitHub but gitNub, with an N in this domain. It loos like a fake mirror of the old github Etherdelta site

SO WATCH OUT FOR gitNub domain!!!!

new domain with own database

what our privkey safe ?, i think no
i didnt believe again for trade on etherdelta if they can have our privkey

I m not sure, I would assume that, if you logged in, your account and key are compromised, but I did empty out my ED account using MEW and ED private key. So that works
I'll set up  new account after this one blows over
Btc_1856

Activity: 1540
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 10:34:18 AM

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY !!!

Official new url: https://etherdelta.com/

It checked it, my account balance is there, trading works.

POSSIBLE SCAM URL: etherdelta.gitnub.io/

Please note it is not gitHub but gitNub, with an N in this domain. It loos like a fake mirror of the old github Etherdelta site

SO WATCH OUT FOR gitNub domain!!!!

new domain with own database

what our privkey safe ?, i think no
i didnt believe again for trade on etherdelta if they can have our privkey

I m not sure, but I did empty out my ED account using MEW and ED private key. So that works
I'll set up  new account after this one blows over

Hello, can anyone access to the new etherdelta website with your previous details? I think many people are saying they can access their previous details with the new site if not we can lose all our money in there.

XL2000

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 10:37:37 AM

Hello, can anyone access to the new etherdelta website with your previous details? I think many people are saying they can access their previous details with the new site if not we can lose all our money in there.

I can, and it seems to work. Surely, my account could still be compromised "under the hood". I can also access using MEW.
Just to be sure, I emptied out using MEW
coin_1122

Activity: 1134
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 11:51:08 AM

Very good to know that some one is answering the question because many people are confused whether to use the New EtherDelta website or not because when they google they are finding the fake EtherDelta website and losing their money.
dasholator

Activity: 57

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 11:59:56 AM

etherdelta.com is a mirror of gitNub.io    (or vice versa, who knows)
gitNUB, not github !!! and yes, you can use the subdomain etherdelta.gitNub.io also

details at http://dasholator.com/etherdelta_user_warning.html

I found my real ORDER there !!! Very troubling

Very good to know that some one is answering the question because many people are confused whether to use the New EtherDelta website or not because when they google they are finding the fake EtherDelta website and losing their money.
CobraJ

Activity: 224
Merit: 36

ch4534ch3ckn3v3rch453481tch

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 12:17:21 PM

etherdelta.com is a mirror of gitNub.io    (or vice versa, who knows)
gitNUB, not github !!! and yes, you can use the subdomain etherdelta.gitNub.io also

details at http://dasholator.com/etherdelta_user_warning.html

I found my real ORDER there !!! Very troubling

Thanks for the heads up.

A distributed system attempts to access an API data source, but since the nodes need not execute the instructions simultaneously, the data provided by the API can yield different results. Hence you need to build some kind of time to API value lookup table; formally called oracle.
CobraJ

Activity: 224
Merit: 36

ch4534ch3ckn3v3rch453481tch

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 12:52:18 PM

https://etherdelta.github.io/ back online...

A distributed system attempts to access an API data source, but since the nodes need not execute the instructions simultaneously, the data provided by the API can yield different results. Hence you need to build some kind of time to API value lookup table; formally called oracle.
S.Naka

HUDI

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 12:54:16 PM

Hey newer, u lose all, i'm sorry.

was big scam.

I save my ass.

And i say 10 time dont belive!

BTCdoaA

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 12:57:13 PM

why using EtherDelta offline? while you have online good solution good wallet outside there as well as myetherwallet , ....etc . always try to use stable service without warning or errors whether online \offline .  

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
kristid

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 12:58:30 PM

etherdellta.github.io is back online.  

I fear that there was a hack on this site and hackers crashed it so that they could set up the fake sites through gitNub and etherdelta.com.  For anyone who logged onto either of these sites, to be safe, TRANSFER OUT YOUR COINS AND TOKENS IMMEDIATELY!!  IF YOU HAVE YOUR ETHERDELTA ACCOUNT TIED TO YOUR MEW, I WOULD ALSO OPEN A NEW MEW WALLET AND TRANSFER EVERYTHING INTO IT.  THEN OPEN A NEW ACCOUNT AT ETHERDELTA LATER  ONCE THIS HAS ALL BEEN RESOLVED.

If you logged onto one of the fake etherdelta sites but you do not have your etherdelta account linked to your MEW, then just immediately transfer your coins/tokens into your MEW (and you don't need to open a new MEW).  Later you can open a new etherdelta account.

This looks like a huge heist in process to me.  If I were you and had logged into one of the fake sites, I would do as I suggested above, immediately.  Sure I could be wrong, but if I'm not, you risk losing everything in your etherdelta account, and if you have it linked to your MEW, you could possibly lose everything else in your MEW wallet too.

ANYONE READING THIS, DO NOT LOG INTO ANY SITE OTHER THAN THE ORIGINAL ETHERDELTA.GITHUB.IO  UNTIL THIS GETS RESOLVED.
corleto

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 01:06:15 PM

Someone I know is away and might have something on there, however he definitely did not log in during the hack/heist (whatever). Are his funds safe? Does he need to move his funds? Might his MEW be compromised? If anyone can advise me that would be hugely appreciated
kristid

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 01:10:47 PM

your friend should be fine.  The danger is that if anyone logs onto a fake/duplicate site, they gave that fake site owner their key/password.  But as long as you only log on o the real site, everything is good.
XL2000

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 01:16:41 PM

IF YOU HAVE YOUR ETHERDELTA ACCOUNT TIED TO YOUR MEW
What does that mean? How can your EtherDelta account be tied to MEW? Or tied to any other Ethereum account?

The danger is that if anyone logs onto a fake/duplicate site, they gave that fake site owner their key/password.
But the scammer than only have the private key to the EtherDelta account, not any other
S.Naka

HUDI

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 01:28:26 PM

IF YOU HAVE YOUR ETHERDELTA ACCOUNT TIED TO YOUR MEW
What does that mean? How can your EtherDelta account be tied to MEW? Or tied to any other Ethereum account?

The danger is that if anyone logs onto a fake/duplicate site, they gave that fake site owner their key/password.
But the scammer than only have the private key to the EtherDelta account, not any other

I think they crash whit ddos real EtherDelta (PROBABLY NOT HACK, SITE DOWN, newbie) and do phishing, then if u log in phishing site u fked, if no i think no problem.

Is my opinion.

corleto

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 01:35:36 PM

Thanks for the info/help!
kristid

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 01:38:02 PM

There is a way to add your MEW wallet to your etherdelta account, you can search for how to do that online.  But if you don't know how to do it, then you obviously haven't done it, so don't worry.

Yes it's true that the owners of the scam site will only have your etherdelta key/password (again - only if you logged on from one of the fake/scam sites).  But, if it were me, and if I had my etherdelta account directly linked to MEW wallet, I would still open a new MEW to be safe.  Probably they can't get into the MEW account, and maybe even for sure they can't.  But I'm just not techy enough to know that for sure that they cannot.  So, if it were me, I wouldn't chance it and would open a new MEW.    jmo
XL2000

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 01:49:21 PM

But my point is, how can your MEW account be linked? Do you mean if you choose at EtherDelta to import an account and selected your MEW account to be imported?
So no separate account for MEW and ED?
Because if you mean that, than indeed your MEW account is compromised as well
kristid

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 02:16:10 PM

Yes, that's how you do it.  And, as I said, I too am concerned that if the scammer has access to your etherdelta account, that they could could conceivably access your MEW account.  However, they do NOT have your private key to your MEW account, so I doubt they could log into it  BUT, since they can get into an account that is directly linked to it, MAYBE they could.  At least that's how I see it.  We really need someone more techy than me to weigh in on this though.

But, if your 2 accounts - etherdelta and MEW are linked, and you DID log on to a scam site, then you gave the scam site owners your etherdelta key/password.  With that, they can transfer anything and everything you have in your etherdelta account into one of their own accounts and you cannot undo that transfer.  By doing that, all those ether/tokens will also be gone from your MEW account, obviously.  But if you happen to have some tokens in MEW that are not traded on etherdelta, those tokens MAY still be safe in your MEW wallet.  But like I said, to be safe, I'd still open a new MEW account.

AGAIN, ANYONE WHO LOGGED ONTO ANY OTHER ETHERDELTA SITE OTHER THAN ETHERDELTA.GITHUB.IO SHOULD IMMEDIATELY TRANSFER ALL OF THEIR  ETHER/TOKENS TO EITHER:

1) A NEW MEW ACCOUNT IF YOUR 2 ACCOUNTS (ETHERDELTA AND MEW) ARE LINKED to be totally safe
2) IF THEY ARE NOT LINKED, THEN JUST TRANSFER THEM IMMEDIATELY INTO YOUR MEW ACCOUNT OR ANYWHERE ELSE - GET THEM OUT OF YOUR COMPROMISED ETHER DELTA ACCOUNT ASAP. 

THEN OPEN A NEW ETHERDELTA ACCOUNT AND NEVER USE THE OLD ONE AGAIN.   
XL2000

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 02:20:57 PM

It's very simple: Anyone with your address and private key can access your account. So, if you entered your private key on the scammer site, the account which that key belongs to is indeed compromised.
You don't need a techy, it is as simple as that. Private key known = account compromised

You can try this out yourself: if you have a private key to some account, simply select the "private key" option on MEW to access it, and you can see that you actually have access Wink
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: