Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 10:17:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The BlockChain... greatest economic data repository in History?  (Read 684 times)
jdbtracker (OP)

Activity: 727
Merit: 500

Minimum Effort/Maximum effect

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 04:13:14 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2013, 06:03:40 PM by jdbtracker

All transactions in the BlockChain are recorded, what are the implications for social development when an accurate gauge of the worlds money supply is available?

The BlockChain is what gives Bitcoin it's resiliency, but it is also the complaint many give towards the annonymity aspect, with proven network analysis techniques anyone can be de-anonymised... or so they say... What if I never exchange my money on an exchange or use face to face transfers to change my BTC? or I only Buy with BTC?

What kind of information can really be extracted from the BlockChain?

This may very well be the greatest experiment in History; Bitcoin, the most open system ever created.

If you think my efforts are worth something; I'll keep on keeping on.
I don't believe in IQ, only in Determination.
FreddyFender

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

Shamantastic!

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 05:19:05 PM

Hey Tracker
This data is always residing on the blockchain, yes, but what if you would pool your bitcoins on a OT server with a consortium? Double-blinded *coins provides complete anonymity, fungibility, verifiable transactions. There are many steps to be made in this direction with subsequent apps and ideas. The blockchain is a realization but not the culmination of a meme change.

jdbtracker (OP)

Activity: 727
Merit: 500

Minimum Effort/Maximum effect

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 06:11:43 PM

Very true, holding the coins in a pool in a private ledger may definitely solve that. ZeroCoin as well is implementing that ability onChain. OT consortiums, I like that idea a nation linked by bitcoin rather than nationality, but what about the servers? That is a single point of failure if found and observed.

so in essence the Bitcoin protocol is an unfinished product, with a lot of possibilities yet to be realized.

though I think they are not able to uncover someone or even gain control of their BTC. They might find out who they are but what if multiple people hold the same wallet private key? I think they can only uncover someone randomly rather than specifically.

This opens the possibility of a bank by private key, keeping a private ledger of transactions.

If you think my efforts are worth something; I'll keep on keeping on.
I don't believe in IQ, only in Determination.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: