Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 01:18:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How long do you hold your coins?  (Read 5467 times)
Simss

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 12:15:30 AM

Hi guys! if you trade,  how long do you hold your coins?. How would you know if you have to let go or sell you coins or still have to keep it?.
if you ask how long ?, then the answer is uncertain.
because I sell when I feel I have a profit and vice versa, I will continue to do hodl when I feel the loss and will continue to monitor the movement of coin so as not getting regret.
tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 12:19:14 AM

The trick is to always view the bigger picture when investing/trading coins. Some coins are meant to be pump and dump coins, other coins are "sleeper coins" and will take a year to mature.

The "holding" part of coins, just depends on 3 major factors: How big the support/activity is (community-wise), competing coins, and what exchanges the coin is listed on shortly after it's birth.

There are definitely other factors, but generally, there are 1000s of coins, but only 1-10% of those actually will grow significantly (talking 100-1000%+). Other coins will just float on the water, the key is this: patience.
Tiennou74

Activity: 546

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 01:01:50 AM

Hi guys! if you trade,  how long do you hold your coins?. How would you know if you have to let go or sell you coins or still have to keep it?.

it depends check the info about coin and read well enough to understand things if you find some data then you felt it will pump up then Keep on HOLD
if you think it is not going to be worth full coin for the future then sell it
But it is really difficult to predict  you must have crystal ball then you can see the future

Thanks
ettagames

Activity: 290
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 01:24:28 AM

I won't sell my coins in short-term, maybe at least 2 or 3 years later. I do have confidence on cryptocurrency market. I invested the money which won't affect my life, so if it all gone, I am okay with it.

ETTA Games
★★Bitcoin/Ethereum Dice, Lucky Dice and Baccarat Game!★★
Facebook Twitter Website
gilabusuk1

Activity: 311

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 01:33:32 AM

I won't sell my coins in short-term, maybe at least 2 or 3 years later. I do have confidence on cryptocurrency market. I invested the money which won't affect my life, so if it all gone, I am okay with it.
it is the best option by saving money into cryptocurrency, and in the next 2 or 3 years it will probably be a big advantage for you,
 and hopefully you will succeed with your investment lak

gustavroy

Activity: 450
Merit: 122

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 01:38:44 AM

First you have to know yourself and what you want to from token.in my way i never sold my coins get what i want from it.make your goal wisely
shimbark123

Activity: 574

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 01:53:59 AM

I do not really hold my coins lol. If I earned something from a signature campaigns or any bounties, I immediately exchanging it to bitcoin. Well that is me, I'm a short term hodler.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
TheNextChampion

Activity: 198

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 02:54:52 AM

I will not sell my coin if the price is not yet 2x or if my profit is not yet double but sometimes if the coin have better support or the community is good. I will hold it because and wait for it to x5 or x10. Sometimes some sleeping coins are pumping to the sky.

H A R A               WHITEPAPER   │   LITEPAPER  ]                H A R A  
Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
TWITTER     GITHUB          REDDIT     FACEBOOK     BITCOINTALKLINKEDIN
craZyLovE0916

Activity: 588

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:49:40 AM

I hold coins.

See the period at the end of that sentence? It means I hold coins, period.

I do not sell, or consider it "long" (as I'm not trading), but rather my "position" is simply belief that BTC will someday be worth $1,000,000 and I will be able to use it anywhere to pay for my daily needs.
rhamzter

Activity: 420
Merit: 282

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 04:45:09 AM

I hold coins.

I do not sell, or consider it "long" (as I'm not trading), but rather my "position" is simply belief that BTC will someday be worth $1,000,000 and I will be able to use it anywhere to pay for my daily needs.
I can't hold my coins for a long time, because we can't says how long bitcoin value increase. Moreover I used my earning in bitcoin to provide the stuffs needed of my family. Also I think if there's an opportunity to sell my bitcoin I do it, to less regrets on my decision I made.
dart vader

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 04:49:53 AM

It depends upon the coin I am investing. When it comes to top 10 ones, I tend to keep them for long term regardless of short term volatility. For ICO tokens, I sell half of ICO coins within a month of end of ICO and other half when there is an uptrend. For short term investment, I keep a watch on market. But I never sell at loss. I rather keep on holding. I never invest in pumped or very low cap coins.
Misshi

Activity: 247

Decentralized Continuous Audit&Reporting Protocol

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 04:51:41 AM

First, it is important to note that to trade right requires attention and you are 100% focus. Most altcoins lose their value over time. There are two ways on holding, short term and Long term. So you may have your reference here in bitcoin talk about the coins that are for short term, as well as for long term. There's a saying "Buy the rumor, sell the news". When major news sites publish articles it is usually exactly the right time to actually get out of the trade.

bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 05:00:24 AM

I hold coins.

Wow you really believe that btc has that much of potential atleast to reach 1 Million$ in next say 10-20 -30 years. This is just out of scope for me for given reason that its a technological age and every day new things come up and certainly there may be something better which may come up than the bitcoin so value will certainly drop. But for now the effect of China is already being seen as the rates are dropping too fast for now.
omnik

Activity: 569

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 05:26:55 AM

I hold coins.

Wow you really believe that btc has that much of potential atleast to reach 1 Million$ in next say 10-20 -30 years. This is just out of scope for me for given reason that its a technological age and every day new things come up and certainly there may be something better which may come up than the bitcoin so value will certainly drop. But for now the effect of China is already being seen as the rates are dropping too fast for now.

Are you nuts? Whatever you said but even the big speculators in some reliable sites not even said the bitcoin goes until worth million dollar for each bitcoin. let me guess you are a random guy with ramdom answer without try to analyze it before.
jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 05:38:37 AM

If the coin has a good support community and there is a development to the coin then I would still hold it even if the price go down compared to the price that I bought it. I believe that it will go up eventually in the future and will hold it until such time when I earn maybe 5x or higher than the price I bought it. It may take months until it will reach that price but I will hold it until that time. I will just continue accumulating and will sell only until it reach my target price.

If its a pump and dump coin and there is no clear project of the coin then I will set a stop loss because I don't like holding that kind of coin for long. Some groups may pump it someday but since it is still unclear when they pump it then might as well sell at a loss and then find another coin that have a true value. I usually set my stop loss to the price below a strong support.

Sungoku

Activity: 462
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 05:46:31 AM

if I as long as the coins go up I always sell, at least about 1 monthly I just sell,
just the right price I sell   Smiley
herurist

Activity: 1680
Merit: 259

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 05:56:12 AM

I'll hold the coin until the price reach my " take profit " or " stop loss " and sell it. Take profit meaning your profit target and loss meaning how much money you accept to lost. Just using that we don't have to analyze every day and wasting time front of pc/ laptop. We don't know how or when to let it go but your experience will give you answer. Have a nice day.

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
William.Yeli

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 05:59:27 AM

Before you trade, you should know why you it is worth to invest after you should continue to monitor  market if prices rise you should sell

pikebu

Activity: 854
Merit: 522

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 07:13:42 AM

Due to the price of bitcoins and altcoins are down trend right now, i will hold them for couples months later due to the price will be rise again and for the daily trading altcoins, i will use capital on reserve in fiat currency so i still can do trading due to i have managed the money to anticipate something bad happen like this week before doing trading digital coins, so the price is down or up i can make the profit.
Islampower

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 07:19:52 AM

We stock (hold) currencies that have a good working team behind, a good inovative project like the DGB, SC, XRP or the Ethereum of course  Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: