Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:04:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How long do you hold your coins?  (Read 5465 times)
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 01:49:59 PM

Well I'd say it depends on many factors, such as the teams that developp and market it, political changes... I personally have been holding two coins for long term profit while trading a lot of others for quick profit.

"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:01:47 PM

I will hold my coins until it reaches my target and sometimes if it keeps on increasing I will wait until it reaches the tip of that pump and sells my coins. This trick is only for altcoins not for Bitcoin. I am saving Bitcoin for future use so if it dumps or pump I will not care. When ever I need money I just sell that much Bitcoin and remaining I will save. I decided to see the highest price of this Bitcoin.
pearlmen

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:04:59 PM

The only coin I hold for long is Bitcoin and some few others aside that every other is for trading purpose in which I can buy and sell repeatedly within few days from each other because when it comes to coins that are not too popular the right timing is the key to make the most profit because when that is missed, one might to be constrained to either wait for too long or cut losses and move to the next coin.
ici_lemmy

Activity: 254
Merit: 100

Hydax Exchange

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:17:04 PM

I hold till I have profit from this coin I buy. that's all. Even I become last one who hold
skarais
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 2096

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 02:31:14 PM

Well I'd say it depends on many factors, such as the teams that developp and market it, political changes... I personally have been holding two coins for long term profit while trading a lot of others for quick profit.

of course we can not limit on how long hold bitcoin, because it depends on the investment we do and I agree with you certainly many factors that cause restrictions on investments in doing.
and of course trading faster to earn profits when compared with investment.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
dreamer81

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:52:42 PM

Forever. It's my preferred store of value compared to fiat which just stays in banks and gets worth less and less every day.
I have 50/50 in stocks and crypto
boty

Activity: 1162
Merit: 208

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:20:15 PM

if I play tranding, when will I sell the coin?
I will sell if I already get 100% profit from my tranding capital
and I will hold the coin if I have not earned my profit or still little profit

DosManos

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:39:22 PM

i chose coins for long term, short term and between them
the profits of the short term can go to investment in the long term coins Smiley

Ar1st0

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 04:12:09 PM

Hi guys! if you trade,  how long do you hold your coins?. How would you know if you have to let go or sell you coins or still have to keep it?.

You should continue to monitor market, If the price is good option to release is better

yes, i agree. We just can predict the most reasonable price to the max. Usually up to 5% is a good time to sell and change to the other one
Denies

Activity: 532
Merit: 170

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 04:31:31 PM

Hi guys! if you trade,  how long do you hold your coins?. How would you know if you have to let go or sell you coins or still have to keep it?.

I think this is a matter of assessment and a workable strategy. I have a plan for a trading, and will be covered with long term. certainly with disiasati and full of understanding of course.
Hafas Rama

Activity: 406

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 04:39:02 PM

I keep the coins just following the time.
as long as we sell it we get a lot of profit.
that's when the trade is done.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀  
WPPENERGY
World Power Production

INNOVATION LEADERS IN THE GLOBAL
    RENEWABLE ENERGY INDUSTRY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀  

INQUIRE
━━━━━━━
Bitmedrano040117

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 04:47:40 PM

You know what? before you make a trade in the exchange platform, you must know first the coin yOu are buying it. You should also
ask to yourself too why you need to hold this coin in a long term? trading is not like a gambling depending only in luck.
kamikadze69

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 04:48:31 PM

usually within 1-3 months. depending on the market movement and condition of the coin. I could have sold it suddenly when the price of the coin went up and had a conducive time.
VeeraS

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 04:49:08 PM

I hold the bitcoin for the next 3 years. but what's happening now really makes the heart pounding.

many people are confused at the moment. with the slope going now, I doubt to release all the harmful coins.
klixion

Activity: 645

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 05:27:25 PM

It should not be based upon time but instead profit percentages.  Some coins end up doing a 5x right when the ICO ends and it is listed the same day.  If you're happy with a 500% profit then it would be a good time to sell.  If not, then you can hold onto it until it goes up even higher or could possibly drop lower. 
LiGuBi

Activity: 316

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 05:44:05 PM

It depends on the coins I hold. For example coins as Diamonds, Waves, Ethereum and Litecoin are long terms, they have good idea's and they are growing slowly. Other coins which grow fast and decrease fast in price are short term coins.
rachelia13

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 01:56:22 PM

I never counted how long I hold my coins, it all depends on the price of the coins that I buy, if I have get profited I want, then I will sell the coins that I have, it could be a day, a week or maybe a month or more
thanhnc46947

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 02:06:11 PM

you should research coin that you want to trade before, after you have to put a target price include price when you have to sell out Smiley
CryptoBagHolder

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 02:21:51 PM

Looks like I'm gonna be holding for a long time to recover after this hit!!  What a shitty week this has been!!
reymarkperry

Activity: 201
Merit: 10

https://rangersprotocol.com/

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 02:25:06 PM

just plan your own target and hold till your coin can reach that target. I see many people buy bitcoin when price only 400-500$ and they say will hold until bitcoin price reach 5k$.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: