Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 09:25:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How long do you hold your coins?  (Read 5467 times)
jzone23

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 03:10:52 PM

Well usually I hold my coins as long as I still see profitability on it or I think the coin is crashing it would continue until become worthless.

► StudentCoin◄ ♦ Platform to create personal, DeFi and NFT Tokens♦ ► StudentCoin◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Instagram
jackhero

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 03:13:04 PM

Depending on each case I will sell it but if the sale is a little then see how the market changes and then make the next decision.
milandres0207

Activity: 363

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 03:17:48 PM

i hold my coin as long i did not use it or i mean as long as i have my cash to sustain my daily needs, and knowing that my coin will increase the value i will hold it because i know that i will earn and my coin will grow in a single day. unlike if i sell my coin and the cash is easily gone. so i will hold my coin as long as i can.
Flodemaga

Activity: 286
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 03:19:38 PM

I learned a lot with last mistakes i had made by not holding some coins, nowadays im able to hold a coin for over 6-9 months, and i do trade it trying to grow the number of coins and back to save mode, im holding a coin for around 8 months and i dont expect to release those before it gets near one of mine goal, but its very hard to resist to the hot market with small pumps and dumps.
bitcoinmasterlord
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 03:27:14 PM

probably no more than a week I hold a coin in my wallet. I sell coins when prices are rising

This means that you are one who books profits in short time and move ahead. Its good in a way that you are not that greedy and take profits out . But considering the overall scenario and especially good altcoins they have good future so in such cases you will miss the opportunity when the big rallies happen . So you can actually just hold some few % of coin and rest sell it like you do now.

It is good like this he can increase his bankroll, here no greediness and nothing whatever profit comes he will happy for that. But if the price is not raised in one week what you will do? Because not every time the price will increase am I right. Sometimes the price will come down from what you bought that time what you will do?
luckyguy09

Activity: 55
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 08:11:57 PM

There is no exact answer as this depends on what kind of coins you are holding.
As a long-term holder of coins which are on the top 4, my strategy is to buy and hold for 2-3 years. The potential of these coins to grow in value is huge.
If you believe in the technology they represent then you will not have any doubts for this.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do
Simss

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 03:39:33 AM

Hi guys! if you trade,  how long do you hold your coins?. How would you know if you have to let go or sell you coins or still have to keep it?.
in fact I can not say exactly how long I hold my coin, I will hold my coin if I think I have a loss and there is no certainty to profit if I hold my coin. so I will hold if I feel a loss and will sell if I feel a profit.
Timeclo

Activity: 43

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 03:43:33 AM

I have a long term coins that I do not touch for at least a year and and a trading portion that I sell once it hits a certain limit.
smsupto

Activity: 53

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 03:46:36 AM

Hi guys! if you trade,  how long do you hold your coins?. How would you know if you have to let go or sell you coins or still have to keep it?.
If you hold your coin you must have enough knowledge on it's marketplace. Every coin have ups and down. So carefully follow up on the market when it's rate will up than you sold out.

▬▬▬▄▄   TOKENSTARS ▐ █  TOKENIZE CELEBRITIES   ▄▄▬▬▬
▬▬  Tennis ACE Token Sale  ●  SEPT 10th, 2017  ▬▬ (https://bit.ly/2xYft9X)
micle222

Activity: 784
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 10:33:12 AM

If you hold your coin you must have enough knowledge on it's marketplace. Every coin have ups and down. So carefully follow up on the market when it's rate will up than you sold out.
I have to agree with you. that holding a coin must have knowledge of price movements in a market. to know when the coins will go up or down you must keep monitoring the news that happened.
I think holding a coin without knowledge is ignorance.
condura150

Activity: 244
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 12:45:20 PM

First of all check the market, if the price of the coin your holding is good and you think that you gained enough profit from it then sell your coins. Don't wait for the price to come up because it may not, there's a chance that you would lose profit from the coins you're selling. Don't hold on to your coins for too long, if profit is enough and you need the money then sell it. 
grchina

Activity: 476
Merit: 278

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 12:55:02 PM

Untill i get profit from it,i set my sell orders and dont ever cancel them.I dont mind waiting a bit longer since my sell orders are usualy with atleast 50% profit since i buy most of my coins on dips,its not a perfect strategy since i am bag holding few coins that will jump eventually but still-go big or go home Grin
Eugenius2

Activity: 17

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 01:04:38 PM

Until the bubble pops and I lose everything, of course Cheesy
Senswh

Activity: 97

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 01:08:57 PM

Before you trade you must have knowledge about marketplace,trade, and profitibality about your coin. I will hold my coins until 1-2 months because I must have income for every month, it's risk but it's worth it for me
bhobafett

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 01:15:45 PM

i'll hold my coin till it the right time comes to sell it that it'll make me rich. I don't wanna be a hypocrite or something, but that's one of my reason in joining BTC. I'm just being true to myself that's why I'm really working hard for it. It's gonna be worth the wait anyway.

Accumulate Bitcoin. The bottom is in or near it.
Fuhre

Activity: 644
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 04:58:01 PM

Usually I initially do research to know the market, when we get what we research then we can follow the trading, when reaching profit in the sense enough then we will know when to sell!
lunafreya

Activity: 243

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 05:03:53 PM

I'm a holder. Most of the time i'm investing my money on long term coins to get max benefit from them. To make long term investment what you need is patience and i have plenty of it.That's why i hold my coins for months.
IlfarIldarovich

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:31:32 AM

Hi guys ,many coins are trying to keep in the long term from six months to a year
franklinrichards

Activity: 239
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:32:42 AM

of course if the target price I want to be fulfilled. usually a clear capital I must be doubled. could be a week or more than a month.
DaWidyaa

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:37:17 AM

If I will hold it until I get a 100% profit from the first price or from the purchase price and when it gets a profit then I will sell.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: