Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 11:20:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Keep track of your rank progress  (Read 252 times)
webwakko (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

It's all about the cryptocoins

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 12:31:25 PM

Hi moderators,

I don't know if I overlooked it or it simply is not available yet, but wouldn't it be a nice idea to have some kind of progress bar that displays the amount of % a user's rank is before the next up-ranking?
Now we only see  numbers, but I have no clue in what way the rank will update according to my current position.
Don't shoot me if I missed out some info...

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4922

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 12:33:24 PM

Hi moderators,

I don't know if I overlooked it or it simply is not available yet, but wouldn't it be a nice idea to have some kind of progress bar that displays the amount of % a user's rank is before the next up-ranking?
Now we only see  numbers, but I have no clue in what way the rank will update according to my current position.
Don't shoot me if I missed out some info...

I don't think this question has been asked before, and if it was, it certainly wasn't asked on a daily basis (so it's a good question as far as i'm concerned).
However, such a feature would require the admin to add some extra code to SMF (the script for running bitcointalk). I don't see this happening anytime soon, since a new forum is being developed and the admin has, on numerous occasions, told us that he wouldn't do any mods to the old SMF anymore.

This being said, the new forum has been in development (and beta) for years now... I do wonder when it will go live...

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
webwakko (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 01:28:45 PM

In that case it would be a nice feature to have in the new forum as soon as it comes online Smiley

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4922

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 01:35:44 PM

In that case it would be a nice feature to have in the new forum as soon as it comes online Smiley

Here's the subforum dedicated to epochtalk (the new forum script): https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=167.0
If you want, you can search this subforum if your question was already asked, and if not, find the proper way to make a proposal.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Bitfort

Activity: 952
Merit: 339

invest trade and gamble wisely

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 01:58:43 PM

If people are here to only watch their incresing ranks then I feel sorry for them. The whole thing around ranks, account sells, sig. camps. etc. really hurts this forum.

I would actually propose the opposite. To hide the progress (even hide the rules how/when ranks are distributed) . Thus not forcing members to make useless posts. (you know like: Aha... I have 118 activity ... I must make two more posts today... and then they go and make them at all cost.)   

MY HINTs
◄M► MINING
◄G► GAMBLING
◄E► EXCHANGE

◄E► (KCS) Kucoin-Staking, Auto-Lending, Trading-Bot
◄E► (BNB) Binance-Staking, Savings, 10% RefBack
◄E► (TRX) Poloniex-Staking, Lending, Fee Discount
◄E► (LEO) Bitfinex-Staking, Auto-Lending

◄G► Betfury-Faucet, Dividend Earnings (BFG holders, mine BFG by playing)
◄G► Bitvest -  Faucet, Bankroll Invest
◄G► CryptoGames-Faucet, Lotto
◄G► PrimeDice-Faucet

◄M► Prohashing (Multipool)-Payout in any coin, get 0.50% bonus for 30 days
◄M► MiningRigRentals (Marketplace)-buy hashrate or rent your miners
◄M► Viabtc  (Pool)-payout to Coinex (exchnage) without fees

webwakko (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 02:12:26 PM

quite bedazzled hearing this response... The rules have been made harder to rank up.. just don't like the "newbie" tag considering the amount of time i've put in fora and social media if it comes to crypto currencies.
I'm doing my best to be as active as possible, but it's quite demotivating if you hear you need to be 2.5 months a daily active member to reach level "member" .. counting activity in slots of 2weeks... with a maximum activity (even if you would bypass that activity, it would not count)...
So.. I'm not here JUST for the ranking.. but it does motivate me do distinct me from the users that became a member, just for that.

Bitfort

Activity: 952
Merit: 339

invest trade and gamble wisely

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 02:35:23 PM

I intetionaly used the general "people". It was not meant to you (sorry if it sound like that).

My point was there is tons of users whose only aim is to rank up as quick as possible. Some of them might have good intentions, but mosty it's the case to participate in sig. camp. (this is not that bad) ... in worse case to sell the account (usually to possible scammer) ... or in worst case to gain sort of "trust" to increase their chances to scam credulous members.   

MY HINTs
◄M► MINING
◄G► GAMBLING
◄E► EXCHANGE

◄E► (KCS) Kucoin-Staking, Auto-Lending, Trading-Bot
◄E► (BNB) Binance-Staking, Savings, 10% RefBack
◄E► (TRX) Poloniex-Staking, Lending, Fee Discount
◄E► (LEO) Bitfinex-Staking, Auto-Lending

◄G► Betfury-Faucet, Dividend Earnings (BFG holders, mine BFG by playing)
◄G► Bitvest -  Faucet, Bankroll Invest
◄G► CryptoGames-Faucet, Lotto
◄G► PrimeDice-Faucet

◄M► Prohashing (Multipool)-Payout in any coin, get 0.50% bonus for 30 days
◄M► MiningRigRentals (Marketplace)-buy hashrate or rent your miners
◄M► Viabtc  (Pool)-payout to Coinex (exchnage) without fees

dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1353

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 04:05:36 PM

Maybe you should just keep track of this instead of having that added in to the current layout on the forum. It will have some additional work to it, and besides, the admins are now busy migrating data over at epochtalk so you could suggest that addition to the New Forum Software section if you like.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: