Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:54:56 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: One of Bitcointalks advertisers 'JesusCoin'  (Read 610 times)
IAmLucas (OP)

Activity: 187
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 12:34:27 PM

So standard Friday... Scrolling through the BitCoinTalks altcoin threads... Then I come across this from one of our advertisers:
https://jesuscoin.network/

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy This is the funniest shit I've seen this week, truly ridiculous (please for the love of god no one invest in this ultimate shitcoin)

Guys if you want a laugh, take a look at the website.

~Lucas
HighAllTime

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 04:37:52 PM

Jesus Christ (pun intended) look at the Etherscan on it, people are actually buying it....

See this is what I hate about the ICO market right now. This coin has no tech advantage, it's clearly a stupid joke, and yet.... it's actually going to be one of the few altcoin's that will be tradable (it's clearly not a security) and loads of idiots are probably going to end up buying it.

So I end up in an even stupider situation of having to buy this dumb ass coin incase it explodes because of of all the other idiots buying it.

Oh well, good bye Ether  Roll Eyes

musicman90

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 04:57:50 PM

This is ridiculous but kinda funny. If it ever makes it onto an exchange i'll probably buy a few as I'm sure there are many that'll think like me and spend a couple of $ just for the fun of it, could make a profit haha... Ether ICO's are definitely getting out of control now, at least these guys don't try and hide the fact that they're a joke.
AlloyReserve

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 05:34:51 PM

Jesus Christ (pun intended) look at the Etherscan on it, people are actually buying it....

See this is what I hate about the ICO market right now. This coin has no tech advantage, it's clearly a stupid joke, and yet.... it's actually going to be one of the few altcoin's that will be tradable (it's clearly not a security) and loads of idiots are probably going to end up buying it.

So I end up in an even stupider situation of having to buy this dumb ass coin incase it explodes because of of all the other idiots buying it.

I agree with HighAllTime.

Jesus coin is satirical and intended to make fun of new cryptocurrencies that are only "rebranded" as opposed to novel or unique. That's one thing that our coin - AlloyCoin is trying to avoid.

Nobody wants a new cryptocurrency for the sake of having one. People need solutions to real problems. AlloyCoin is a real solution to the problem of price volatility. It's the only cryptocurrency with two values -- one being it's price floor.

If you want to learn more about AlloyCoin - the coin with a price floor, visit http://alloycoin.com and check out our white paper! We're looking for feedback so if you have questions, email them to support@alloycoin.com and we'll clarify any details.
globe-biz

Activity: 162
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 05:47:31 PM

It is coded with 666 , it was made by humans who are possessed .not only the gays and devil worshipers are demons poss there are millions with demons now that sin is in styles
For those really deceived I know what I am talking about I have done exorcism it is real
lakimens

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

PVxYGaa1UZM6oDqW3ZKe4Esi18DgwBpDkr

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 07:06:41 PM

From "whitepaper", it's a joke Cheesy

For too long, money-grabbing churches have attempted to ‘own’ and ‘sell’
Jesus. It’s time that someone took back Jesus for all of us, and Jesus Coin is
our way of bringing back Jesus to the masses. The blockchain has
fundamentally changed the landscape of business, culture and society,
democratizing what was once controlled by the few into the hands of
everyone. If we can democratize banking, insurance, gaming and more, than
together we can decentralize Jesus. The time has come to do democratize
our Lord and Saviour. The time has come to stop funding the few that already
live in palaces and luxury. The time has come for our own currency in the
Lord’s image.

Unlike other cryptocurrencies, Jesus Coin has the unique advantage of
providing global access to Jesus as it makes getting closer to Jesus safer and
faster due to the use of blockchain technology, somehow. Jesus Coin
investors can gain from the competitive advantage of being closer to God, all
while benefiting from low transaction costs and maximum transparency and
security.

Additionally Jesus Coin helps in the war against corruption within the
Christian faith by making all transactions anonymous on the blockchain. It is
estimated that billions of dollars of funds currently laundered and plundered
would be saved due to the global usage of Jesus Coin within Christianity.

BUT MOST OF ALL, JESUS WOULD BE
PUMPED ABOUT HAVING HIS OWN COIN.

For the first time, there really will be a picture of Jesus on a coin.
Jesus has reached a point of development where it is no longer compatible
with ‘ownership’ by churches and pastors. Using blockchain technology, Jesus
Coin endeavors to empower every Christian to own Jesus together. In the
way that Bitcoin revolutionized commerce on the internet, Jesus Coin will
permanently change the face of Jesus; no longer to be controlled by an
outmoded central source.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY ($PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Bounty]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
sylance

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 07:22:02 PM

I'm a Christian and found this so funny!  I know some found it offending but I didn't... I take my faith very serious but also find humor in things like this.  I loved the founders page.  I'm just amazed that someone built and advertised this as a joke.  That's dedication.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
globe-biz

Activity: 162

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 07:24:54 PM

No one said the d.vil is not sneaky he has the whole world deceived. The s.tanic forces and their possesed human workers would like to burn / rob people with a coin named after their enemy GOD/Jesus. . Jesus does not want a coin he is going to end this world and he is against this worlds lies and conspiracies

James 4:4
Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.
Moana

Activity: 298
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 09:52:37 PM

Yes it is amazing, any jesuscoin thread on bitcointalk=
andrewjchapin

Activity: 75

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 09:59:54 PM

How it it clearly not a security? Without a utility, isn't the only reason to purchase an altcoin to do so with the expectation that you'll be able to trade it for a profit (thereby failing the Howey Test)?
Cipherr

Activity: 64

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 10:01:03 PM

Decentralize Jesus my man lmao. I was screaming laughing when I saw the banner. I know its stupid but I love that zany aspect of crypto. The whole Dogecoin stuff and all that makes me laugh.  Cheesy
HighAllTime

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 10:25:16 PM

How it it clearly not a security? Without a utility, isn't the only reason to purchase an altcoin to do so with the expectation that you'll be able to trade it for a profit (thereby failing the Howey Test)?

I don't think so. The ones that concern me legally are the ones offering profit shares or investment returns (which is a lot of them). This is clearly a novelty and if people chose to trade it afterwards then they can. I think the major exchanges would list this if it sold enough because they're not claiming their tokens represent anything other than the novelty of the token itself.

Regardless maybe 'parody' is a utility and cause in of itself!

paramind22

Activity: 2660
Merit: 552

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2017, 05:54:13 PM

This is a coin started by real Christians, not a mocking coin that's blasphemous:

JesusToken

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2081378

paramind22

Activity: 2660
Merit: 552

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2017, 05:59:00 PM

Decentralize Jesus my man lmao. I was screaming laughing when I saw the banner. I know its stupid but I love that zany aspect of crypto. The whole Dogecoin stuff and all that makes me laugh.  Cheesy

I think they took the Decentralize Jesus from "Decentralize Charity" from the JesusToken, because their big push here was after ours started and that statement is in our whitepaper.  The idea of "Decentralize Charity" is to give away the tokens to people who do good things, not just store up the money in a centralized coin developers wallet/holdings so that the dev will do good things with it (hopefully).

We've given away over 1 million JesusTokens in less than a month.

100degrees

Activity: 108

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 06:22:00 PM

People want decentralization and no regulation, here you go....

ZEEPIN CHAIN  ▩  Smart work, creative life  ▩  Creative Economy
Claim Your ZPT Token and Get 30% Bonus
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬◤ICO Starts January 18◥▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
HongKong

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 06:32:23 PM

People want decentralization and no regulation, here you go....
I don’t like the idea of that coin at all. It’s pretty straight forward that they are not trying to actually help the people in the community out by helping churches and other places with the money that is made from it.
If they were trying to decentralized the trading for the coin then they would have just launched the coin under a different name. The Announcement thread that they have is the proof that they are not trying to decentralize transaction either, their thread is self-moderated so that means that they will delete posts that THEY don’t seem fit in the discussion.

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███