Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 11:17:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: RIP DASH?  (Read 1978 times)
Peter1984 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 01:25:39 PM

What is the merit of a cryptocurrency if the one outstanding feature is actually it's weakness?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/dash-users-on-government-watchlist_us_59b26b3be4b0d0c16bb52bc8

I hope there are some people who can prove things are not as stated in this article.
bustomi

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 01:43:35 PM

I think it's is fake dude, because Dash still have their own volume in the market and still high.., that just some speculation
Peter1984 (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 02:04:50 PM

There is a more intelligent response here: https://www.reddit.com/r/dashpay/comments/6yulhy/can_anyone_respond_to_the_claims_here/

The article states that the masternods make logs whereas someone in this reddit link states that "the fact that "Masternode logs" is a completely made up claim. There are none."

If there are really none the article is either badly researched or FUD.
Vanellsworth

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 02:43:56 PM

Dash is a good coin, It will be very difficult to collapse
Peter1984 (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 02:46:16 PM

Dash is a good coin, It will be very difficult to collapse

It's defintely a strong project with little volatility, I was just wondering if the fundamentals are solid.

Here are two more answers which are semi reassuring: 

"I don't necessarily call this a flaw, it's just masternodes who are using third party software that can be compromised. If the data base is being hacked into you would hope that they would realize it and ramp up security for their users, it is how they make money anyway. I know that private send is going to be ramped up more in the future as well.

But to actually point out why this is basically impossible in the first place is that you need to somehow know an address is tied to a certain user and then hack into a data base hoping to find that users private send information. In the end you have just a normal transaction and really it's pretty hard to find someone off that alone. In the end it still adds security to the Dash network and creates loop holes that people need to jump through in order to trace the transaction. This article writer thinks that it compromises private send but it doesn't, it still has a use case. Instant send could have compromised the blockchain and was canceled before anything could happen."

"DASH PrivateSend can probably be broken by the US Govt if they devoted enough resources. They would need backdoor server access to thousands of masternodes located worldwide. That is possible for the US govt to do but probably not any other entity. And even then, the US Govt would have to dedicate a lot of resources to it. All it takes is one not compromised masternode to be part of the quorum and they wouldn't be able to track the tx.

Future upgrades to DASH will harden masternodes and make this type of attack impossible. It is already in the dev pipeline.

Also, it is worth noting that PrivateSend has never been provably broken."
qualialibre

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 02:50:35 PM

What is the merit of a cryptocurrency if the one outstanding feature is actually it's weakness?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/dash-users-on-government-watchlist_us_59b26b3be4b0d0c16bb52bc8

I hope there are some people who can prove things are not as stated in this article.

I agree, DASH is there to stay for a long while. To much support for a potential future collaps.

Also, this article have been removed from huffingtonpost, which idicate to me that it was reoprted as bogus and cleanedup !
recklessMe

Activity: 195

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 01:22:34 PM

Looks like this article is no longer available. Probably the author has changed his mind about dash and decided to buy some instead. I believe dash is really promising.  There are hundreds of coins in the market, while dash is 6th in the list according to coinmarketcap. Besides, there are lots of so-called experts, predicting a grand crash for bitcoin year by year, but it is still here. So I wouldn't take that article too serious.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:35:48 PM

Looks like this article is no longer available. Probably the author has changed his mind about dash and decided to buy some instead. I believe dash is really promising.  There are hundreds of coins in the market, while dash is 6th in the list according to coinmarketcap. Besides, there are lots of so-called experts, predicting a grand crash for bitcoin year by year, but it is still here. So I wouldn't take that article too serious.

With BCH and LTC, DASH is totally not needed. They are way better BTC clones. With fair launch without scamy history of whales. With no masternode centralization.
QlooQl

Activity: 322
Merit: 122

Hello World!

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:48:50 PM

I think DASH is an incredibly risky investment. For the most part it looks like a pyramid scheme. I have no doubt it will be regulated into oblivion one day. Imagine paying taxes on a masternode, paying dividend taxes on you  PoS, making a ledger of all your trades or purchases. It's going to be a nightmare of bureaucracy. Until then its probably one of the best pyramid schemes in the world.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Cointrader43

Merit: 5

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 04:00:46 PM
Last edit: September 29, 2017, 04:11:36 PM by Cointrader43

I think DASH is an incredibly risky investment. For the most part it looks like a pyramid scheme. I have no doubt it will be regulated into oblivion one day. Imagine paying taxes on a masternode, paying dividend taxes on you  PoS, making a ledger of all your trades or purchases. It's going to be a nightmare of bureaucracy. Until then its probably one of the best pyramid schemes in the world.
All crypto is a little bit risky. But DASH is for sure the most riskiest coin right now.
Deus_ex_mach1na

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 04:06:34 PM

This post from The Huffington Post Contributor Platform is no longer available on our site.
5ensei

Activity: 728
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 04:59:26 PM

It is worth looking at other privacy coins like deeponion and xspec. The latter is supposed to have superior technology for anonymity and privacy to both dash and monero and is still very cheap.

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
Wyre08

Activity: 84

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 05:23:28 PM

It is worth looking at other privacy coins like deeponion and xspec. The latter is supposed to have superior technology for anonymity and privacy to both dash and monero and is still very cheap.
XSPEC is on my list of coins to buy a few of, but I think it's going to drop a little more. I'm waiting for low/mid $0.30's before I buy.
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 05:44:43 PM

There are lots of facebook who are supporting dash and i think its impossible that Dash will be die soon.. and some traders out there said this coming pork in november we will see burst increase of dash value.. so i believe that dash could be survive this is another way to encourage and panic other people to sell so that they can buy dash coin for cheap price before november..
peschi

Activity: 355
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 06:47:19 PM

Dash recently had a very large conference (https://dash.keynote.ae/) in London.
Dash is definitive not dead - the rise of DASH has just started.

Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 08:59:18 PM

This is no different than using TOR, if you you TOR then you can bet you are on a watch list somewhere in the world, that is just the way it is until the day comes where everyone uses anonymity technology then you will open yourself to further scrutiny by simply using services like those, so anyone that uses one of the anonymity coins like Dash and Monero is probably in a watch list as well.
taibas

Activity: 546
Merit: 254

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 09:09:03 PM

Waiting for a coin of a dash die class is the same as waiting for the sun to rise from the west. Do not be too quick to believe the FUD news, it will only make you panic and loss

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
mnemonicsoup

Activity: 200
Merit: 114

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 09:20:23 PM

Dash is the Scientology of Cryptocurrencies. Everybody knows it's a bit shady but the followers display an unshakeable blind faith. Deep down they probably know that something is wrong with it but they don't care as long it brings them success. The red flags are their banners.
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 08:22:28 PM

I think DASH is an incredibly risky investment. For the most part it looks like a pyramid scheme. I have no doubt it will be regulated into oblivion one day. Imagine paying taxes on a masternode, paying dividend taxes on you  PoS, making a ledger of all your trades or purchases. It's going to be a nightmare of bureaucracy. Until then its probably one of the best pyramid schemes in the world.
I think you are misunderstanding, DASH is a coin for those that have privacy and anonymity in first place of the things they want in a cryptocurrency, so even if governments tried to make them comply to their demands they are never going to do it, they are going to keep doing their thing no matter what governments say, so regulations are useless against DASH.
DosManos

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 10:22:16 PM

Dash is cool , and the people that with this coin from the beginning wont let it fall
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: