Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:17:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any information on BGold?  (Read 418 times)
BillyBobZorton (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 01:28:56 PM

My time is limited, im working, im learning about bitcoin on the dev mailing list, im checking altcoins, im checking the price, im doing a million things at the same time.

I don't have time to do research on BGold but I heard it is another hardfork, just like Bitcoin Cash. It is a serious thing or is just some kind of troll act against Bitcoin Cash?

https://twitter.com/bitcoingold/status/905840585222868992

That's pretty funny.

Anyway, what are the features, and when does the split happen? I want my share too.
Raxitto

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 12:27:08 PM

The era of hard forks seems to really have arrived to stay. After Bitcoin Cash (BCH), which originated from the Bitcoin network (BTC) on August 1st, another currency could emerge on October 25th. Called Bitcoin Gold (BTG), this new cripto-coin will be distributed to all Bitcoin holders by the due date and should start trading in brokerage firms around the world starting November 1st.
In order to receive your BTGs immediately you will need to be in possession of your Bitcoins' private key. If your Bitcoins are in a portfolio or brokerage house that keeps the custody of your digital asset, the receipt of your Bitcoin Gold coins will be at the mercy of the willingness and availability of those intermediaries.
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 12:42:17 PM

The era of hard forks seems to really have arrived to stay. After Bitcoin Cash (BCH), which originated from the Bitcoin network (BTC) on August 1st, another currency could emerge on October 25th. Called Bitcoin Gold (BTG), this new cripto-coin will be distributed to all Bitcoin holders by the due date and should start trading in brokerage firms around the world starting November 1st.
In order to receive your BTGs immediately you will need to be in possession of your Bitcoins' private key. If your Bitcoins are in a portfolio or brokerage house that keeps the custody of your digital asset, the receipt of your Bitcoin Gold coins will be at the mercy of the willingness and availability of those intermediaries.

Very newb question here: So if I keep my BTC on a wallet such as electrum, does that mean I'm the receiver of the receipt? What about Nano ledger? If I have my btc on that during the fork what happens?

fragout
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 12:50:23 PM

Very newb question here: So if I keep my BTC on a wallet such as electrum, does that mean I'm the receiver of the receipt? What about Nano ledger? If I have my btc on that during the fork what happens?

In theory if you hold the private keys to your wallet, it doesn't matter what wallet you use and you will receive your cut of BTG. Personally I dont think they will end up being worth much.
Also the btc gold fork will distract attention from the upcoming 2X fork and hopefully minimise its effect
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 01:11:34 PM
Last edit: October 02, 2017, 01:24:57 PM by MoonIsBlue

In theory if you hold the private keys to your wallet, it doesn't matter what wallet you use and you will receive your cut of BTG. Personally I dont think they will end up being worth much.
Also the btc gold fork will distract attention from the upcoming 2X fork and hopefully minimise its effect

No I'm confused and honestly I still don't get this whole private key thing. I litterly just made a wallet but (liteclient) but I didn't receive any 256bit series of numbers (private key right?)
So that wallet, the liteclient wallet is the recipient of BTCGold? (I don't care about value but I want to understand the technical aspects)

I honestly don't know the right questions to ask..

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: