Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:52:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's Crowdfund the Hurricane Irma Relief Effort  (Read 175 times)
rdscrypto (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 02:26:20 PM

Hey Everyone,

I may be a newbie on this site, but I am not a newbie to crypto.  I currently act as the marketing director, and I and the mind behind the upcoming MADRAS project.  I am a paralegal in real life with high technical knowledge. 

So, anyway, I am very political when it comes to bitcoin and other alts.  We have been given a bad reputation just about everywhere in the world, because central banks and governments are scared of what we can do as a decentralized network with our own store of value. 

So, combined with this type of thinking, I am also directly in the path of Hurricane Irma, which is said to be the most powerful hurricane ever.  Well, with Harvey just destroying Houston, it has been reported in the press that FEMA does not have the money to fund Irma recovery. 

This is the PERFECT opportunity to help our fellow neighbor who returns to his/her home, only to find that it is not standing.  Blockchain transactions are perfect for this, because they can be audited at any time.  Plus, the decentralized nature of crypto means that we can all give under $10 worth of BTC, ETC, or LTC and still raise a HUGE amount of money that will go directly to the victims.  No overhead costs, except for reams of paper and a laminating machine, making the total cost of overhead less than $200.  This is simply amazing, as NO charity is able to do this. 

I have set up addresses for BTC, ETH, and LTC donations.  I have the support of many people on Coinexchange.io and Twitter.  The local news is actually scheduled to interview me before and after the storm passes, as I have invited them to come and document the distribution of the funds collected. 

I'm telling you guys -- this is the PERFECT opportunity to show the world what BTC can do.  If we are able to do what the government cannot do, just imaging the implications of that. 

So, everyone, please share the following information, and of course -- every single bit will help, even if it's 30 cents -- I can get a can of beef stew and take care of one person's dinner meal for one day with just 30 cents.  So, every little bit helps. 

Twitter:  @rdscrypto
Twitter Hashtags:  #BTCforIRMA, #HurricaneIrma, #FLPrepares 

BTC:  1PcXb49PWKHjoyaJWAqThTyU3NMB1GWv78
ETH:  0xF7b52F57313Cd14860c1C84Bd4ce2145C461dE7e
LTC:  Le7N4H9yMbpK7xBMnhsvYJGaZZwetUoYX8

Thanks,
William A.

PS:  To the moderators:  If there is anything against the rules in this post, I apologize.  People's homes and lives are at risk, so please, understand that this is an extraordinary event.  Plus, the idea of crowdfunding disaster relief is a very, very, politically charged issue.  Since this is the political board, this should definitely be allowed to remain here. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: