Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 02:12:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mental barrier stops from buying BTC  (Read 3676 times)
ThunderCatSteve

Activity: 770
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 07:15:32 PM

Precisely! One main thing you have to train is how to handle emotions and your mind, against worrying and overthinking. I had encountered this thing before, which prevents me from buying at dips, and still wait to dip further or think that its not good to buy because it was not yet done dropping, and then suddenly it rise back, and got left with regrets. Sad to say, but now I am practicing myself not to worry that much.
This is usually the best thing to do. You cannot predict what happens with the price and you should know that at any stage you are, any price you buy is still a good buy.
You cannot always win all the time and there is nothing you can do to change the moment since it has already happened. Sure! You could have gotten more and even though it sucks, but you are still in.

Usually, what I normally do is not to always go all in , or always have a savings in fiat somewhere in case the price drops hugely so I can always utilize the opportunity when it comes.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 07:38:25 PM

Not so long ago we've all whitnessed bitcoin at price 2k usd per btc. Now it is 4k. Sometimes before buying BTC I have a strong feeling that the price will fall pretty soon and I hould wait a bit before buying. Usually it all ends bad. Anyone have the same problem? How are you dealing with it?
I have faced this problem when i started doing trading in the early days, after then i realized that it was mistake to wait for the price downfall while buying bitcoins, because bitcoin is unpredictable and you never know when the price will boost very high. So better to invest as soon as possible instead of waiting for a downfall.
diagla

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 07:43:11 PM

I am pretty sure half of the people on this forum thought about buying Bitcoin back in the day and did not, and regret it (including myself). lmao
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1020

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 07:46:45 PM

Not so long ago we've all whitnessed bitcoin at price 2k usd per btc. Now it is 4k. Sometimes before buying BTC I have a strong feeling that the price will fall pretty soon and I hould wait a bit before buying. Usually it all ends bad. Anyone have the same problem? How are you dealing with it?
All of us bitcoin users specially on trader and investors would really experience that kind of feeling which we would really still have doubts on buying bitcoin on a certain point because our mind do already projected the possible things that will happen later on.Mistakes and losing money cant really be avoided and thinking off this is the risk involve on engaging to bitcoin.If you do accept the risk then buying wont really be an issue after all.

Legendary / Hero Member

EPSILOAN ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████▄     ███████    ▄█████
███████     █████    ███████
███████ ▄    ███     ███████
███████ █▄    █ █    ███████
███████ ██▄    ██    ███████
███████ ███▄  ███    ███████
█████▀   ▀██▄███▀     ▀█████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
GreatOrchid
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 07:47:04 PM

There is a mental barrier on everything you do, and in every project you invest, so it is normal to have some bad feelings before investing in a project, or in something new. I had the same thoughs when i bought bitcoin for first time, and it was below $300 i think (if i am not wrong).. So the price was that low, and now it is upto 12x from that price, so i think that bitcoin will always be high because the demand is rising too.
TonnyKakar104

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 07:52:28 PM

I am pretty sure half of the people on this forum thought about buying Bitcoin back in the day and did not, and regret it (including myself). lmao
regret is not a solution, if you will not buy bitcoin now then i'm pretty sure that you can post same words after 6 months. so be open minded and lets prepare your mind for some risk.
ilovefeetsmell

Activity: 686
Merit: 510

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 08:00:53 PM

Because bitcoin has no stable price, we don't know what will be the price in the near future but I am pretty sure that price will go up and up. Buying bitcoins in a low cost is a good choice. You a choice anyway, choose for the good one and you will receive the gracefulness.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████▀▀      ▀▀▀██████████████████
█████████▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄▄▄▄  ▄██▀▀     ▀▀████████
███████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄████████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀▀█████
██████   ▄█████████▄████████▀  ▄▄█████████▄   ████
█████   ▄█████████████████▀  ▄██████████████▄▄▄███
██            ██████████▀  ▄██████████████████████
█████   ▀█████████████▀  ▄██████████████████▀▀▀███
██████   ▀█████████▀▀  ▄████████▀█████████▀   ████
███████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄████████▀    ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▄█████
█████████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀  ▀▀▀▀   ▄▄▄      ▄▄████████
████████████████████▄▄▄     ▄▄████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
.Ethernity CLOUD.

...DECENTRALIZED CONFIDENTIAL COMPUTING...PUBLIC SALE Q3 2021.....REGISTER HERE..
rayneh

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

MatrixCoin - Creating Bright Future Together

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 09:26:38 PM

You would have thought that buying bitcoin is full of danger right? Well it is never late buying bitcoin. Mind barriers are nothing just a matter of metal stress. Take a break, think of positive things that can be happened. And always follow those positive things and you will overcome it.

██████████              █████           
████████████          ███████         
███        █████          ███████         
███        █████          ███████         
████        ██████      █████████       
██████            ██████████      █████████       
█████            ██████            ████        ██      █████████       
█████            ██████            ████        ███  ███████████     
█████            ██████            ████        ███  ███████████     
███                                      █████████████████  ███████████     
███    ███    █████              ██████████  ████████████  █████████   
███    █████              ██████████  ████████████  █████████   
█████              ██████████  ████████████  █████████   
██████            ███      ███████████      ██████████ 
██████            ██          █████████          ██████████
██████████          █████████          ██████████
██████████          █████████          ██████████

██
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

██

██
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

██

➤  TWITTER
➤  FACEBOOK
➤  INSTAGRAM
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 10:18:41 PM

Yes I've got that problem too when it comes to buying I'm being skeptic because I usually think that the price might be falling some more after buying. But I'm sticking with my plans that as long as it is on the dip I'll buy and no matter what happens I know that bitcoin will soon increase it. I'm dealing with it remembering my experience on bitcoin trading and that is giving me some chill and confidence.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 10:20:31 PM

I was really afraid to buy bitcoins when the price was for about 500 bucks each, but i boughted some at that price, but it was my fault because i sold them on March of this year, when the price was so volatile between $950 and $1200, it was my biggest fault in the market in more than two years.
So i think that this all is caused by emotions, if i did not felt some pain in that month, then i would probably have a little fortune right now.
machinek20

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 11:19:31 PM

Yeah, I had the same problem, that is caused by the bad experience, so we are afraid to take risk and hesitate to take action, but that will be gone if you keep on trading, learning about the chart and got more experience, you still able to lost money but you will know how to handle the situation better
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 10:15:32 AM

I cant say there is such an exact timing to buy. I think when opportunity knocks you should always be prepared and grab it. It is given changes is always happening at all times. If your instinct told you to buy then follow it. Take risk eventually this business is all about it.
There is never a good time to buy like you have said. What is important is to buy at the time that is right for you and look away knowing that no matter what that is just the perfect timing and nothing you could have done about it.

Lots of people end up experiencing this and the next time, they wait and relax to see if there is going to be a dip until they realize the bullish trend isn't stopping and then they find out they are still back to square one of the same emotional state.
Aamir1

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 10:29:33 AM

I personally don't buy bitcoins, as i earn them mostly, but i know that a lot of people have that thought before buying bitcoin, specially when it is their first time. Though they should not think anything like this because in the long term, bitcoin would only generate profits for a person, but they do. It is just the feeling of fear of losing money, and it occurs with everyone, not just some people.
balakang00

Activity: 266

Platform for Investing in Cryptocurrency and ICOs

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 01:16:13 AM

Yes, i think that is true. There are many things that would come into the minds of people who are thinking of buying bitcoin, because of this they think twice and eventually don't buy bitcoin.

jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2017, 01:37:17 AM

I personally don't buy bitcoins, as i earn them mostly, but i know that a lot of people have that thought before buying bitcoin, specially when it is their first time. Though they should not think anything like this because in the long term, bitcoin would only generate profits for a person, but they do. It is just the feeling of fear of losing money, and it occurs with everyone, not just some people.

Since bitcoin's value is high, those people who just have recently known bitcoin and wanted to invest would think twice whether to invest or not because of the fear of losing money. Bitcoin's price is so volatile that's why when it goes down, they are hoping that it will go down some more to buy more bitcoin and sometimes it works, sometimes the price would bounce and he would end up paying a higher price. The solution for this would be to study the charts and see the possible support and resistance so that you can buy when it is near the support or what we have known as buying the dip.

gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 06:30:26 AM

Yes, i think that is true. There are many things that would come into the minds of people who are thinking of buying bitcoin, because of this they think twice and eventually don't buy bitcoin.

Well initially you'll be a bit skeptic but research will tell you that its a good decision to invest in btc. And looking back ay bitcoin's history would also clear those barriers especially if you're the business type of person.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
futile-resistance

Activity: 840
Merit: 516

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 03:30:16 PM

Bitcoin cannot be truly stopped without a global catastrophe that wipes out pretty much all electricity on the planet.
There are many things which could cause the value of Bitcoin to decrease; but it is nearly impossible for Bitcoin to be completely stopped.
In my opinion the way to hurt Bitcoin the most would be to buy an enormous amount and artificially sustain the price at ridiculous levels; get mining difficulty insanely high; and then unload your coins. If the market crashes enough miners will be unprofitable and shut down; causing blocks to not be processed.
However it would be possible in such an emergency scenario to hard-fork Bitcoin to lower the difficulty. So an attack like this would cost billions and there is no guarantee Bitcoin wouldn't just route around it.
Even if this scenario is to play out like you have mentioned which I am not depicting the fact that the result will end up as such but at this stage it will be hard for anyone to just buy an enormous amount right now and unload all of a sudden cause that itself will cause the individual a whole lot. However, like you said, there will always be a way out even if such scenario happens.
Kompodd

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 03:33:03 PM

I think that there are many such people, but I decided to buy coins when I have money and with patience to wait for the price to rise in order to get a good profit.

Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 03:39:08 PM

The problem that I see in here is that people often think bad things when they have a shot at something cheap may it be stocks or cryptocurrency. They will think that it is still not the right time to buy or it will still continue to fall, and somewhere between along those lines. And as soon as the price goes up they will feel regret after and the worst part at this level people who did not bought when it was cheap are people who are buying now. To keep it short people are scared to lose their own money and they often do bad things when they missed their golden opportunity.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 08:07:16 AM

I cant say there is such an exact timing to buy. I think when opportunity knocks you should always be prepared and grab it. It is given changes is always happening at all times. If your instinct told you to buy then follow it. Take risk eventually this business is all about it.
This is just a game of taking risk. If you want to earn something good, then you have to invest and buy Bitcoins sooner or later. You have to believe in yourself and you need to make wise decision. I think studying if charts can help you a lot in this manner and can solve your problem to a significant level.
Exactly! Moreover, life is all about risk and we take huge risks every single day. Fear is what usually make people to take decisions until they either miss out or they end up panicking on a little trend. Bitcoin has been known to always bounce back and it does not matter at any stage, since what matters is that you are still an early adopter and you will definitely get back more as long as the support keeps going on. Don't regret your actions as long as you cannot change them.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: