Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 03:20:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mental barrier stops from buying BTC  (Read 3676 times)
adiksau0414

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 08:41:35 AM

Every individual has its own decision making.  When it comes to bitcoin, people would think of possible effect if they buy or not.  We are sometimes scared of it.  Theresa always a psychological effect to all of us

If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hachiman13

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 08:57:55 AM

Nobody can tell when to enter a market.  I believe the right thing to do if you want to earn profit in the the future is to invest now--don't wait for it's price to go lower because it won't. Even right now many countries are missing in action,  what more if they were to join the cryptocurrency revolution?
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 02:25:28 PM

That is what i always feel when i don't have bitcoin but i want to buy some. It stops me from buying a lot of bitcoins because it makes me think that bitcoin is not a stable currency and it will fall after a pump because that is the nature of being volatile and i deal with it by just thinking that if i want to be safe then i need to put it on long term just to make sure that i am not going to lose any of my fiat investment.
darthmaul

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:00:08 PM

Every individual has its own decision making.  When it comes to bitcoin, people would think of possible effect if they buy or not.  We are sometimes scared of it.  Theresa always a psychological effect to all of us

Indeed the psychology plays a great role in the investment whether it's simple or big or anything miscellaneous. But it always decides the faith if we are not strong enough to deal with it. I can surely say this because being in the crypto since long time i have myself made very little moves in the long term while investing into bitcoin because I always relied on the emotional decisions. Those are not good but sometimes rarely they are important too. So always make investment which you think is worth doing and profitable. Just making investment  against the mind is also not good because you will be always in ambiguity whether you made mistake or you made right decision.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1129

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:24:40 PM

Indeed the psychology plays a great role in the investment whether it's simple or big or anything miscellaneous. But it always decides the faith if we are not strong enough to deal with it. I can surely say this because being in the crypto since long time i have myself made very little moves in the long term while investing into bitcoin because I always relied on the emotional decisions. Those are not good but sometimes rarely they are important too. So always make investment which you think is worth doing and profitable. Just making investment  against the mind is also not good because you will be always in ambiguity whether you made mistake or you made right decision.

These emotions do normally pop out everytime we do engage into a particular thing specially when we do know that it involves money.Our mind do really easily react on it and together with the emotion would affect our decisions because its normal that we do feel of fear on losing money which would really either have doubts on our actions specially on trading or investing into bitcoin itself but yet these kind of doubts or mental barrier would be possibly be controlled specially when we are already experienced on any situations we do face already.

xFiber

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:39:03 PM

Another reason people may panic is the fact that bitcoin isn't really integrated in our society. Not a lot of people have heard of bitcoin but those who have don't really see the potential nor the value and would probably advise against it (I'm talking out of experience). So when bitcoin drops one might start thinking everybody is right that bitcoin only has speculative value etc.
Creepings

Activity: 546
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:50:29 PM

People obviously think how will they be able to earn on their investments. So that is obvious that before they put or invest in these currency, they will review or know it first. Make a research or ask about it, investors tend to make a good prediction because they are used to that kind of business unloke people who just hope for it to pump.
xbl1008

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:50:32 PM

I think the barriers are

fear - the fear that their money will be lost when the prices are hitting low

expectation - people create a situation where they are proud that they are earning high on bitcoin but when its volatility is on its way and the prices are running low this could become a tragedy
Terry05

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 06:11:40 PM

Not so long ago we've all whitnessed bitcoin at price 2k usd per btc. Now it is 4k. Sometimes before buying BTC I have a strong feeling that the price will fall pretty soon and I hould wait a bit before buying. Usually it all ends bad. Anyone have the same problem? How are you dealing with it?

Yes , that is common for every one when we are about to buy bitcoin. There's a lot of wary and questions rises in our mind. other worry are  bitcoin wallet security(Tendency to hack my bitcoin wallet address by someone)  and not legit bitcoin seller site.
yugyug

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 02:53:43 AM

Invest what you can afford to loose, it is easier said than done. there is a risk involve in any form of investment but that risk this is calculated and that's what we called "calculated risk". Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt or the "FUD" is what telling your mind to stop buying  BTC. Anytime is the right time to buy BTC as long as you can afford it a accept to take the risk. So act now if you want to stay ahead it is not too late to buy bitcoin and the best way to get ahead is to get started . If it is not today, when ?
speedy963

Activity: 631
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 02:59:33 AM

This thing is usually common among people around here, and it is no surprise that some would also suffer from this kinds of problems. Sad to say that I am also one of these people also, but it was a long time ago, and after i did that mistake i didn't want it to happen again,and actually i kinda regret that i didn't care when it was around $1k at that time, and as i look back at those old days i felt down, but what else can i do? what's done is done, so better change the mindset than never.
Pivo
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 03:00:43 AM

You should have invested by the time it dumps. If you saw the price going down then that's the time. Also, you can't be waiting the price to go down much lower than it does since you should know that no matter you brought it cheap or expensive since in the long run it would be much more expensive like new highs and lows. The highs that we know today might be the new lows in the future.
kevpantof

Activity: 491
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:32:14 PM

That is what i always feel when i don't have bitcoin but i want to buy some. It stops me from buying a lot of bitcoins because it makes me think that bitcoin is not a stable currency and it will fall after a pump because that is the nature of being volatile and i deal with it by just thinking that if i want to be safe then i need to put it on long term just to make sure that i am not going to lose any of my fiat investment.
Think positively and invest in bitcoin as much as you can because upcoming era will be of bitcoin and everyone will use bitcoin and at that time prices will be at top and there will be difficult to afford such prices, it will give you benefits in future and will allow you to secure god profit and also to raise living standards as well so without hesitation invest.
dancingnancy

Activity: 661
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 02:10:28 PM

Not so long ago we've all whitnessed bitcoin at price 2k usd per btc. Now it is 4k. Sometimes before buying BTC I have a strong feeling that the price will fall pretty soon and I hould wait a bit before buying. Usually it all ends bad. Anyone have the same problem? How are you dealing with it?
Risk and fear are the two main mental barriers. It's totally normal to have a certain amount of tension that the prices of bitcoin might plunge down a bit. But that shouldn't stop anyone from investing into bitcoin which can make you a prosperous person with it's benefits. I deal with it by not putting all my savings into bitcoin, and keeping faith in cryptocurrencies.
Ascension Dev

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 10:10:52 PM

Theres been periods with a lot of FUD going on and the price has dropped drastically.
Honestly theres so much money invest in it and real collaborations between big companies and governments, the fear of that
price dropping back to nothing is gone.
Gotomoon

Activity: 719

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 10:54:21 PM
Last edit: October 12, 2017, 11:57:33 PM by Gotomoon

Theres been periods with a lot of FUD going on and the price has dropped drastically.
Honestly theres so much money invest in it and real collaborations between big companies and governments, the fear of that
price dropping back to nothing is gone.

Thats the one mental barriers spreading fud news others stops from buying. But when we look at the price of btc now its currently soaring high. Actually thats a normal situation and it depends on you if taking a risks. Anyway bitcoin is the best investment.
Kidmat

Activity: 774

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:37:03 PM

Risk and fear are the two main mental barriers. It's totally normal to have a certain amount of tension that the prices of bitcoin might plunge down a bit. But that shouldn't stop anyone from investing into bitcoin which can make you a prosperous person with it's benefits. I deal with it by not putting all my savings into bitcoin, and keeping faith in cryptocurrencies.
Yes, I agree with you the most reasons why other users of bitcoin tends to have doubt in buying because of the high risks to buy that is already expensive. Exactly, risks to invest and fear to lose the money, in this case all we have to do to have a firm decision and believe in bitcoin there is always a change to gain huge profit.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:52:27 PM

I think the barriers are

expectation - people create a situation where they are proud that they are earning high on bitcoin but when its volatility is on its way and the prices are running low this could become a tragedy
If you are investing something then those are not the traits that you should possess to make a good profit,rather you should be aware of the surroundings and the market and you must have the understanding how the market performs on a given situation,the price of bitcoin will scare new people from investing in it,but if you are careful and aware about the market situations then you can profit from it.
Reatim

Activity: 2814
Merit: 357

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:58:27 PM

I think the barriers are

If you are investing something then those are not the traits that you should possess to make a good profit,rather you should be aware of the surroundings and the market and you must have the understanding how the market performs on a given situation,the price of bitcoin will scare new people from investing in it,but if you are careful and aware about the market situations then you can profit from it.

Just invest want you can afford you lose. I heard this multiple times already. You don't have to fear specially when bitcoin price is slumping for a bit. If you invested all your money, of course you always have that fear and nervousness. So just follow the advise if just investing what you can afford. Expectations- you need to have a entry and exit strategy. If you meet your goals then get out. And if the price is good for you to enter the market, then buy bitcoin. Rinse and repeat.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
bitbob82

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:09:49 AM

Think positively and invest in bitcoin as much as you can because upcoming era will be of bitcoin and everyone will use bitcoin and at that time prices will be at top and there will be difficult to afford such prices, it will give you benefits in future and will allow you to secure god profit and also to raise living standards as well so without hesitation invest.
In fact there was a psychological impact on the mind of people after china banning ICOS and crypto currencies, and therefore they were not taking more interest in bitcoin. but now we can see that the investors start buying again so its means that their psychologicsl basrier is over now. We can expect a bullish trend for a long time. Even the hard fork will not effect the currency increasin really of bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: