Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 07:46:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How many bitcoin are on chinese exchanges?  (Read 1027 times)
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 11:41:13 AM

Actually I am a little suprised now because this post claims 98% (!) of bitcoin trading volume is from china.

https://www.coindesk.com/estimating-data-china-real-bitcoin-trading-volumes/

How could this be real? Even if he says "realistically its more like 80%" thats still an insane number. So is Bitcoin already controlled by the chinese?

And americans, europeans, and other continents just HODL it, but not trade?!

That has been explained numerous times already

This trading volume is obviously fake. Wtf, even the Chinese central bank inadvertently proved exactly that earlier this year when it had prohibited the Chinese exchanges from free-of-charge trades (i.e. without trade commissions). After that the trading volumes at all such exchange plunged massively, But now it seems like they have taken again to their old habits of selling and buying the same bitcoin to and from infinite number of times, thereby pumping the trading volume right into the sky

william8829

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 04:15:55 PM

The four major ones, Bitfinex, OKcoin, Huobi and BTCC hold approx. 23-24% of the total Bitcoin supply. Not counting BCC

But the rumours are looking false so no worry

Bitfinex is not subject to the PBOC ban. 

Binance has stopped Chinese from trading.  It will still function without disruption for international traders.

https://twitter.com/bitfinex/status/908397018728595456
https://binance.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001567991
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 04:47:20 PM

I think China is taking a page from the US and getting their and in the cookie jar before we see astronomical prices.

The fact JP Morgan is investing now, as well as USA and China (don't get it twisted, they are all for Bitcoin and crypto) means they see the price going higher than $5,000 (otherwise they would not be buying). If they predict this, what position am I in to say otherwise? Although, I have been saying the same thing this whole time so yeah...

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
bs9

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 12:30:57 PM

Do we know a % of about how many bitcoins are in chinese exchanges?
I could see many chinese people transfer them out either to paper wallets or for cash.

But it cant be more than like 10% of bitcoin? Thats actually in chinese exchanges?

Thanks.

China is the biggest marketplace for bitcoin mining.I heard 20% of total bitcoin used in china .As a result, we face big problem when china try to ban ico and bitcoin.
Hell-raiser

Activity: 462
Merit: 515

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 09:01:23 AM
Last edit: October 26, 2017, 09:17:31 AM by Hell-raiser

Do we know a % of about how many bitcoins are in chinese exchanges?
I could see many chinese people transfer them out either to paper wallets or for cash.

But it cant be more than like 10% of bitcoin? Thats actually in chinese exchanges?

Thanks.

China is the biggest marketplace for bitcoin mining.I heard 20% of total bitcoin used in china .As a result, we face big problem when china try to ban ico and bitcoin

This seems to be a mistaken opinion or common delusion. We don't know how many bitcoins the Chinese citizens have but it has been proven on multiple occasions that the bans that China is going to impose on Bitcoin don't mean a thing. They tried it in the past but failed, and there is no reason to think that they won't fail in the future. And while this country controls Bitcoin mining, that doesn't inherently mean that they are a factor in Bitcoin trading. If anything, Chinese mining can be easily substituted if China decides to put a ban on it, and that's likely the reason why they don't and won't.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: