Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 09:46:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you hold chinese Altcoins, and will you keep holding them?  (Read 1801 times)
muenze (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 157

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 08:40:08 PM

Rumour is ICOs get banned, and maybe Exchanges who do ICOs get their bank accounts frozen (and shut down), but this has not been confirmed so far its mostly rumours , tho there is also tweets by a chinese exchange confirming it, and by a chinese bank who said they got an order to freeze an exchange account. However there was also at least two chinese exchanges that said they got no shut down notices and still operate as normal.

This is my summary of the news today. Anyway my question, do you have any chinese coins? And will you hold them?

It was amazing to be part of Bitcointalk for a little while. Thankyou. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5316241.0
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 09:44:00 PM

I do not hold any chinese altcoins, at least not any that I'm aware of. I'd worry a little bit that China will pass new legislation that isn't too great for altcoins in general.
Does anyone know of some specific altcoins that were developed in China? Couldn't even think of one to be honest.

Moana

Activity: 298
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 10:12:50 PM

I guess the number one this question refers to is NEO.... I don't have any, but soon I may get them cheap...
Yudhisthir

Activity: 1052
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 10:22:09 PM

I don't think there are any popular China only coins, but there are many coins that originated from China.
I think Chinese government is supportive for development and research about cryptocoins in china.
And that strategy and enthusiasm among youth makes china a great place for cryptocurrency.

Read this from Forbes https://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2017/09/06/chinas-ico-ban-doesnt-mean-its-giving-up-on-crypto-currencies

cnr_crypto

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 10:34:25 PM

I do not hold any chinese altcoins, at least not any that I'm aware of. I'd worry a little bit that China will pass new legislation that isn't too great for altcoins in general.
Does anyone know of some specific altcoins that were developed in China? Couldn't even think of one to be honest.

NEO, Walton, HShares, Binance Coin off the top of my head.

I'm a firm HODLer when it comes to whitepapers originally written in my first language. For NEO, I did +120% then sold because I honestly didn't understand the crypto regulation ecosystem in China and I still don't. After the first news of the ban on Monday we get this list from Caixan of ICOs that are banned, but it's all in fucking Chinese. The time it takes for me to hear news from China is after the majority of stakeholders in these Chinese Cryptos have already begun to react, which makes me uncomfortable.
aishyoo17

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 11:44:20 PM

I don't hold any Chinese Altcoins as of the moment but with the blood both I am seeing right now I think I am buying some of Chinese Altcoins because I believe that even with the issues right night Chinese people will always find ways to make their coins rise.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE

─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|[.
JOIN US NOW!
]|
xdev

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 11:48:03 PM

According to this press release from PBOC it is official.

http://www.pbc.gov.cn/english/130721/3377816/index.html

Not sure if it was previously just rumours, but paragraph 3

III. Management of Related Platforms Shall be Strengthened

From the date of release of this Notice, any so-called platform that provide trading and exchange services for coin offering shall not engage in exchange businesses between legal tender and token or “virtual currency”; or engage in proprietary trading activities or trading as an central counterparty of tokens or “virtual currencies”; or provide pricing services or act as information intermediary for tokens or “virtual currencies”.

As for the trading platforms with activities that have violated laws or regulations, the financial regulatory authorities will notify the administrative department in charge of telecommunications to adopt measures such as shutting down its website platform and mobile APP, notify the administrative departments in charge of cyberspace to remove its mobile APP from the APP store, and notify the business administration department to revoke its business license.

Is stating that any exchange allowing ICO trading shall cease operations effective immediately. cnLedger is also reporting that Chinese exchanges who previously allowed ICO trading are now delisting ICOs

Bay_Harbour_Butcher

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 10:18:05 AM

I do not hold any chinese altcoin, but instead I think I want to buy it when it goes down like this. maybe chinese coins will find a way to rise

limmousine

Activity: 546
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 11:25:17 AM

I still hold altcoin china neo and will keep it until all altcoin prices improve and go back up. I'm sure the Chinese regulation that ban ico is only temporary. Very unfortunate many people who experience panic sell.

Still save and hold your current assets and you will benefit in the future, do not you regret it later.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 11:35:03 AM

This is my summary of the news today. Anyway my question, do you have any chinese coins? And will you hold them?

when you say Chinese altcoins, and if you mean like an altcoin that is deeply rooted in China and essentially is centralized, that simply means that you should not be even thinking about it. that is a centralized altcion not worth even considering let alone investing or holding.
and it doesn't matter what currently is going on in China!

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Morphling

Activity: 308
Merit: 134

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 12:01:32 PM

when you say Chinese altcoins, and if you mean like an altcoin that is deeply rooted in China and essentially is centralized, that simply means that you should not be even thinking about it. that is a centralized altcion not worth even considering let alone investing or holding.
and it doesn't matter what currently is going on in China!
altcoin may be decentralized, but the team is not, they have the nationality and live in a country, we say a altcoin is Chinese usually means the team mostly come from China, and you must accept the Chinese law as long as you live in China

arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 12:55:43 PM

I was thinking of buying neo before but later changed my mind. This could have been the only China coin that I could have investing in. But I will advise anyone hold China coin to keep holding them in other to see what will happen. Remember China government was on okcoin, btcc and others Chinese exchangers this time last year but now all those attacks are over.
yorklab

Activity: 223
Merit: 105

Utrum OOT

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 02:29:10 PM

I would stay away from Chinese coins until this all gets figured out; you never know if you'll get caught up in another new law they decide to impliment. There are plenty of other coins to invest in.

★   utrum   ★   Your Crypto Playbook   ★   Got an opinion? Get paid for it!   ★
●  ●  WHITE PAPER   |   EXCHANGES   |   ANN THREAD  ●  ●
TWITTER   ▬   FACEBOOK   ▬   LINKEDIN   ▬   GITHUB   ▬   YOUTUBE
Rastadon

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 02:45:51 PM

I don't hold any Chinese Altcoins as of the moment but with the blood both I am seeing right now I think I am buying some of Chinese Altcoins because I believe that even with the issues right night Chinese people will always find ways to make their coins rise.
Until the problem with the regulators will have resolved and everyone must leave from there and back to the western coin with a promising future. There are so many coin in this time.
If the bad news about the china will continue and that can be a terrible thing to hold em all.

senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 02:46:35 PM

I do not have a Chinese NEO coin or any other, but I believe that while the government or the National Bank of China has not made an official statement about the events related to the crypto currency, from Chinese coins, one should stay away. There are many coins that deserve attention and whose rate has now fallen very much and can and should be bought, as soon they will rise sharply in value.
gedor

Activity: 658
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 03:11:19 PM

Taking a brief look at my portfolio, I don't have any chinese altcoins but some of the coins I hold was affected by the delistings of chinese exchanges. If I have some chinese altcoins like neo, I will keep holding them in spite of rumours.
axiline

Activity: 462
Merit: 114

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 04:16:23 PM

Despite the rumors, I keep NEO. I believe that Chinese regulators will only provide a framework for new ICOs and this will have a positive impact on China's crypto assets.
jayc89

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 10:43:17 PM

Despite the rumors, I keep NEO. I believe that Chinese regulators will only provide a framework for new ICOs and this will have a positive impact on China's crypto assets.
There is nothing that they Chinese Government can really do once the ICO is launched to a network. If all the nodes for the coin is hosted in China then they could just move the nodes to another location and that would allow the network to stay alive for a very long time. The only thing that people are worried about is that they can’t purchase the coins from certain exchanges that are built in China.
It’s kind of funny to see people over reacting about the news about China yet they don’t realize that most exchanges aren’t even from China.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 01:05:58 AM

Heard of China Coin ?
It was created before i got here..
There is nothing wrong with crypto-currencies in China.
What they have a problem with is... ICO's

You see stupid morons, ICO's are not digital currencies.
They are scam "tokens"
Which is why the govt of China agrees with me and what i have been saying about them all along.

FUD first & ask questions later™
RoadToBTC

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 01:39:45 AM

If I had such coins sure I will sell it as soon as possible. We can't just ignoring the recent news from China. They are (Chinese) have a big role in cryptocurrency, so if something isn't good coming from this country, the world of crypto will be affected as well?
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: