Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:54:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 19 GPU in one Motherboard  (Read 6797 times)
creepas (OP)

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 09:59:37 PM

Hello,

i just wanted to say, that we managed to get running with no big problems 19 GPUs in one Motherboard.

MOBO: Asus B250 Mining Expert

GPUs: 13x ASUS STRIX GTX 1060 6 GB + 6x ASUS MINING P106

MAIN PSU: 2400W
Secondary PSU (for powering pcie extenders and mobo) 750W
We have also 3th PSU in video, but in reality you need only main and secondary PSU.
16GB RAM

NO HDD just one 32GB FAST USB. SYSTEM [OS] nvOC easy-to-use Linux Nvidia Mining v0019

In windows we were able to get all cards do device manager, but mining was not running Sad

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/0B4y5D_zzH1oeLWpIcGtQOXI1MUU

will post tomorow more videos and detailed analysis of mobo with manual how to do that.

Best regards

cReepas

(Invictus Mining Team)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 10:05:54 PM

One thing you might want to be careful with. If you are powering 19 risers with that one PSU those cards only have to draw 35 watts each before you are really stressing the PSU. Thats 650w+ in just risers, plus the mobo itself.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 10:07:37 PM

Sounds great until you have to troubleshoot frequent crashes due to a failure.

You can and will have cards that will behave badly and each riser has 3 parts (the riser itself, the cable and the small PCB going into the PCIE slot) so that's already 76 points of failure making it a PITA to troubleshoot.

And multiple PSUs can also make things unstable/difficult and you need a very good and expensive CPU for some miners and tons of memory and (preferably SSD) for I'm guessing 64GB pagefile so more GPU density isn't that much cheaper.

If it works though, it's nice but I much more prefer simple, 4-6 card rigs with a single PSU with a bunch of wallets I solomine to or stake distributed over them.

Not your keys, not your coins!
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 10:10:59 PM

64GB pagefile

the pagefile is a windows thing....and you cant run more than 8 of one brand of card in windows so literally NOONE will be tryin to run this board on windows with 19 cards

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 10:21:31 PM

64GB pagefile

the pagefile is a windows thing....and you cant run more than 8 of one brand of card in windows so literally NOONE will be tryin to run this board on windows with 19 cards

Good to know. I thought it was a universal OS requirement to have as much RAM+pagefile as much is required by all the GPU memory that's assigned to be used.

Though thinking about it, it shouldn't really happen under windows either (meaning it's a silly bug) because that space is never used, just needs to be there for a second.

Thinking about it even further, initializing cards one after the other should propably get rid of the issue though I'm not sure, just spitting balls.

Not your keys, not your coins!
MA3A

Activity: 241
Merit: 100

To Hash or not to Hash, that's what the question

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 10:23:52 PM

1060 6gb  version eats about 50-60W via PCIE slot, when fully loaded ; having 19 cards @50-60W each brings to about 1100-1200W... risk of witnessing fireworks is quite high, if cards will be loaded beyond 50%.   I must admit i did not see video, but specs a bit off... its cool though if you got it to work

https://www.facebook.com/Qubex-Denver-Data-Recovery-473541326020759/ - accepting coins as payment
www.qubexdatarecovery.info Professional data recovery service for PHYSICALLY DAMAGED (broken) DEVICES: RAID0/RAID5/HYBRID RAID/SSD/HDD/FLASH DRIVE/CELLPHONE/, ALL OS, up to LEVEL 4, ISO-10 Clean room/ISO-100 hoods, Pro tools and know-how.
Undefined31415

Activity: 336
Merit: 253

Gone phishing...

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 10:26:10 PM

Most Linux distros allow you to set a custom swap partition size, but those do have some fundamental differences from the page file on Windows.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
mikespax

Activity: 362
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 12:49:06 AM

when/where can I buy this mobo?

Bitrated user: mikespax.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 02:20:05 AM

That is a good question. I guess if the op has then it means soon will be on sale.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
creepas (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2017, 09:28:53 AM

That is a good question. I guess if the op has then it means soon will be on sale.

We can buy officially next week in stores.

cReepas

darkshad

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 11:40:25 AM

very cool.

I would be interested in seeing if 19x 1080tis will work in Linux using something like nvOC or SimpleMining distro.

please keep me posted on when/if you have a chance to do something like this and when the MB are for sale.  Would at least like to try one out and see how frustrating it is to try to get 19x cards to work/stable.

creepas (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2017, 12:35:53 PM

very cool.

I would be interested in seeing if 19x 1080tis will work in Linux using something like nvOC or SimpleMining distro.

please keep me posted on when/if you have a chance to do something like this and when the MB are for sale.  Would at least like to try one out and see how frustrating it is to try to get 19x cards to work/stable.

Its actually easy in linux. In Windows it seems its not possible.

19x 1080Ti is hard to get.

I will post later manual how to make it run.

cReepas

(Invictus Mining Team)

dstm

Activity: 350
Merit: 126

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 12:55:34 PM

Might you do a quick test and check how my miner performs on this system? Whether there are any issues. The miner is designed specifically for linux, there is no windows version yet. I've designed the miner such that it should be able to drive 100+ GPUs.
creepas (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2017, 03:18:26 PM

Might you do a quick test and check how my miner performs on this system? Whether there are any issues. The miner is designed specifically for linux, there is no windows version yet. I've designed the miner such that it should be able to drive 100+ GPUs.

Sure just give us the link etc.

dstm

Activity: 350
Merit: 126

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 03:27:03 PM

Sure just give us the link etc.

It's a miner for ZCash

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2021765.0
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 07:58:16 PM

I wonder how power works on this motherboard, if you mix 2 different power sources will fry the motherboard?

creepas (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 08:52:28 AM

Hello,

im adding video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjFP1BfN5Xs&t=232s

Best regards

cReepas

Invictus Mining Team

Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 09:35:07 AM

Good work, too many things to test it out with this motherboard. I hope it goes on sale soon. Asus said AMD will create a driver that supports all 19 cards by the end of this year. Let's hope they deliver it.

arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 11:34:53 AM

what we need is not a motherboard that have lots and lots of pcie...

what we need is an interface that can manage many cards where we can plug and play cards without turning off the system..where cards that have a problem would hang or stop separately without affecting the whole system so other cards will keep on mining.

with that kind of interface we can use almost any board out there..that interface should have a software management and hardware switches(like for disabling power) for the plug and play feature.
creepas (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2017, 06:26:14 AM

what we need is not a motherboard that have lots and lots of pcie...

what we need is an interface that can manage many cards where we can plug and play cards without turning off the system..where cards that have a problem would hang or stop separately without affecting the whole system so other cards will keep on mining.

with that kind of interface we can use almost any board out there..that interface should have a software management and hardware switches(like for disabling power) for the plug and play feature.

This mobo has usefull feature that shows what is wrong with PCIE! Smiley

Its far from plug and play but we actually dont have that many issues with stability of systems and if something goes wrong with pcie we see it.

cReepas

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: