Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:18:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there any token that address offline payment needs?  (Read 365 times)
SiverSurfer (OP)

Activity: 149
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 05:33:44 AM

Most of the great projects are focused on online solutions and big blockchain-connecting-projects idea. But what about offline payment? Such as pre-blockchain success like QR payment in China, or M-Pesa in Kenya?

Big projects, such as interbank connection is great, but I want to support local offline payment projects that benefits real people. We talk about big fancy crypto projects when most people (including us) still us cash to pay in our local 7-11.

Is there project that promote cashless payment in a real sense? By letting normal people use tokens/crypto instead of coins to pay in mom and paps shop

Note: Just a young man working in 7-11 thinking allowed.

SiverSurfer (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 04:29:49 AM

I found camelgram, their website is sketchy and the whitepaper too littered with different fonts.

I like the idea of creating physical POS machines to support the real life economy though.
Rastadon

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 04:57:49 AM

Most of the great projects are focused on online solutions and big blockchain-connecting-projects idea. But what about offline payment? Such as pre-blockchain success like QR payment in China, or M-Pesa in Kenya?

Big projects, such as interbank connection is great, but I want to support local offline payment projects that benefits real people. We talk about big fancy crypto projects when most people (including us) still us cash to pay in our local 7-11.

Is there project that promote cashless payment in a real sense? By letting normal people use tokens/crypto instead of coins to pay in mom and paps shop

No man, We are know about the chain has supported by the miners and the miners just like a node that already secured the network through its mining. That will need the internet connection.
For the offline solution will be so difficult in my opinion.

13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 04:59:21 AM

I have not come across any such projects which support offline payments. It could be a thing in the future but trying to place physical POS machines in places could be the hardest part for the project as it needs physical resources and space. If at all someone comes up with a decent project for this, its surely going to make a mark and go big in the market.
SiverSurfer (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 05:50:33 AM

I have not come across any such projects which support offline payments. It could be a thing in the future but trying to place physical POS machines in places could be the hardest part for the project as it needs physical resources and space. If at all someone comes up with a decent project for this, its surely going to make a mark and go big in the market.

Yea, so true. But isn't this what bitcoin is about, helping more people, not just tech savvy guys like us.

And I agree, if someone figure this one it's gonna be big.
siddartha1492

Activity: 952
Merit: 284

In love with Bitcoin!! 💓💕

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 06:01:16 AM

No it doesn't seem we there are any reliable offline payment crypto systems. Although many banks nowadays offer mobile banking with offline system. Kinda like sms balance check. Now it has evolved to next level and you can send, receive money from your mobile itself, with just an offline app. We have it in India and it works on UPI (unified Payments Interface) and I guess if other countries, try, then they can also make it.

metalbean

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 03:09:02 PM

What about tokens that address real life usage? It could be a preclude to payment needs.

Take for example SLVR wants to make token usable for mining activities, and silver mined from the mine will be pegged to the tokens itself. So when you pay using the tokens you are paying silver. The miners can get paid and buy groceries using the tokens too.
Similificator

Activity: 882
Merit: 403

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 03:48:55 PM

Great idea. This would be really helpful for a lot of people who love crypto currencies like us. But the sad thing is, I don't think it can be somewhat accomplished anytime soon. Because of the things required and the vastness of people who would be pauzzled seeing this type of technology(those who are not familiar with crypto). Maybe somewhen in the future when a lot o people are already into crypto currencies.
Eric Cartman

Activity: 741
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 03:51:56 PM

You can create offline transactions even with BTC, you only need access to internet to propagate them.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: [1]
  Print