Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:52:20 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Home Server Mining Question  (Read 747 times)
jmfg187 (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 01:16:04 AM
Last edit: May 26, 2013, 02:51:31 AM by jmfg187

I just recently setup a home server running WHS 2011 which is based off of server 2008 r2. I don't think I need any technical help as I believe I can find most of the info I need by searching the forums. The first thing you should know is normally my PC is the main rig with qt running for whatever I happen to be mining with all 3 of the computers in the house connecting to it. I want my server to handle this now but I am curious if it would be best to use the qt clients or the daemons? At what point do you actually need the daemon is it mostly for just someone running their own pool? Do you guys think a home server with 4GB of memory and a 3 core AM2+ Phenom could handle running a small pool for one of the new alt-coins and still be able to serve my media files and do my computer backups without screwing up the pool? Lastly do I just keep the same wallet.dat on the server and on my pc? I would like to be able to access my wallets without having to remote into the server every time. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer and sorry for all the questions!

BTC: 17nmAJ5N2fKMTGymAarp4DUPXjHkohacXQ  LTC: LUzmyjMuVWyU9coa7iEQYgGWKDBKRsiLmo  NVC: 4Pby77nChLzU2rsi2RsLpM8C95dKF5XTbg  FC: 6nKefP46bnT3P1XP9jaEugYd84UdW4zrL3
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: