Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:38:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: At what point do you dump all you have of a coin? IOTA example.  (Read 637 times)
SatoNatomato (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 02:12:24 PM

See IOTA, researchers discovered rookie mistakes in fundamental cryptography used and developed by iota. Double spends example code was shown. What is a cryptocurrency, with broken crypto, and centralized node for security and accounting?

Yet the coin is still in top10. Can anybody explain this?
Isthistherealife

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 10:07:08 AM

No Idea.

The response has been even more worrying.

Anyone who questions gets banned from Slack. Genuine questions/concerned comments are deleted.
The code was alledgedly 'planted' there by Come from Beyond to prevent code theft/copying - yet IOTA have made a huge song and dance about being open source - being non-profit to encourage corporate intergration.

An 'eco-system fund' that is offers $10,000,000 to get projects involved in the protocol. That security was compromised from the inception this seems rather sinister.

The 'currency' is currently run from a master node in no way decentralized. The wallet is a complete disaster. I have coined a new phrase for Dom's marketing - DUF - distributed unverified favor. information consists solely as leaks, that cannot be discussed ie Volkswagen, Ford, Bosch, Innogy, Cisco, All these names are 'out there' but cannot be discussed..

In his roof top speech he talk's almost delight at being an eBay scammer and blocked from Paypal. This attitude of disdain towards the 1000's or customers and investors that have put substantial money and faith in him has only increased. He does not give one fuck.

Come from Beyond has a murky past with writing back doors into outher projects he has been involved in.

Dom say's that nobody's funds were ever at risk - well why build a back door in the first place. CFB say's it was built to deter copy cat's and was 'impossible' to find without extensive analysis - MIT think differently.

If ever a project needed trust, and transpanecy it is one that foregoes the blockchain and miner verification.

In the best light it looks utterly imcompetent in the worse a failed attempt at a criminal enterprise.

The listing solely on Bitffinex also looks like complete insider trading - Incredible volumes that could only be achieved by an in house 0% commision API.

It's really the biggest disappointment of the summer. I think David S had produced some truely novel and utlitarian code. I believe it was maligned by other actors - the evidence is massive - almost enough for a magazine article. Jeremy Epstine shouts Conspiracy/libel across Medium - Later we learn there is a conspiracy and the MIT researcher is refered to in extremely derogatory terms.

I really, really hope someone can rescue this technology.
metalbean

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 10:14:20 AM

What happened to the IOTA dump fuss? Smear campaign or legit problem? I wanted to invest in IOTA months ago before changing my mind and putting the bets on Byteball.
SatoNatomato (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 11:56:37 AM

What happened to the IOTA dump fuss? Smear campaign or legit problem? I wanted to invest in IOTA months ago before changing my mind and putting the bets on Byteball.
CfB made newbie mistakes when attempting to make his own cryptography primitives, a hash function and digital signature scheme. Even the decision to attempt is wrong.

Not even Satoshi attempted to make his own crypto. Yet CfB in all his wise glory attempted to alone make a hash function.

Which failed so hard the cryptogod Bruce Schiener called him rookie. Thats like Satoshi telling someone theyre newbies but worse.

Basically all of iota was cryptographically broken, and researchers were nice enough to tell iota devs rather than exploit.

Even worse, the iota devs namecall the researchers and say the vulnerability was planted and theoretical and not a real problem, and those finding the vuln are part of a smear campaign.
SatoNatomato (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 11:59:47 AM

No Idea.

The response has been even more worrying.

Anyone who questions gets banned from Slack. Genuine questions/concerned comments are deleted.
The code was alledgedly 'planted' there by Come from Beyond to prevent code theft/copying - yet IOTA have made a huge song and dance about being open source - being non-profit to encourage corporate intergration.

An 'eco-system fund' that is offers $10,000,000 to get projects involved in the protocol. That security was compromised from the inception this seems rather sinister.

The 'currency' is currently run from a master node in no way decentralized. The wallet is a complete disaster. I have coined a new phrase for Dom's marketing - DUF - distributed unverified favor. information consists solely as leaks, that cannot be discussed ie Volkswagen, Ford, Bosch, Innogy, Cisco, All these names are 'out there' but cannot be discussed..

In his roof top speech he talk's almost delight at being an eBay scammer and blocked from Paypal. This attitude of disdain towards the 1000's or customers and investors that have put substantial money and faith in him has only increased. He does not give one fuck.

Come from Beyond has a murky past with writing back doors into outher projects he has been involved in.

Dom say's that nobody's funds were ever at risk - well why build a back door in the first place. CFB say's it was built to deter copy cat's and was 'impossible' to find without extensive analysis - MIT think differently.

If ever a project needed trust, and transpanecy it is one that foregoes the blockchain and miner verification.

In the best light it looks utterly imcompetent in the worse a failed attempt at a criminal enterprise.

The listing solely on Bitffinex also looks like complete insider trading - Incredible volumes that could only be achieved by an in house 0% commision API.

It's really the biggest disappointment of the summer. I think David S had produced some truely novel and utlitarian code. I believe it was maligned by other actors - the evidence is massive - almost enough for a magazine article. Jeremy Epstine shouts Conspiracy/libel across Medium - Later we learn there is a conspiracy and the MIT researcher is refered to in extremely derogatory terms.

I really, really hope someone can rescue this technology.
You summed it up very well.

Scammera gonna scam, I doubt its only incompetence, it is attempt at really big criminal enterprise/scam.
Zogrd

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 12:24:57 PM

I understand that the issue has already been resolved?
renes

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 12:29:50 PM

I think they can fix it or even it might have been fixed, if it is a trash coin which can be dumped immediately after such news it will not be in top 10. You should also buy IOTA now not sell.
BChydro

Activity: 1426
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 04:04:21 PM

I think they can fix it or even it might have been fixed, if it is a trash coin which can be dumped immediately after such news it will not be in top 10. You should also buy IOTA now not sell.
If you see a flaw in the code,the team has to honor that and make sure that they settle things rather than ignoring users who are questioning them,i would like to pass this one because it is not what a good team does,if they identify a flaw in the system they have to understand the problem and make sure they secure the problem .
CrypticGambit

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 04:09:12 PM

I just dump the coin when the price is ok for me. I invest in icos, sell and never look back. Well the icos are now becoming very very risky. But I think there is still some place for them. As people come up with the new ideas. Just dump when the price is good Smiley

doothewop

Activity: 332

I like the clowns and the little dogs

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 04:14:35 PM

When the price is good enough or I have made a profit.
If the price never gets good, I never dump.

I still have Coinye and AndroidsToken and Fedora. And Mincoin and Devcoin
and a shitload of others.
SavvyOli

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 04:43:59 PM

dump only when make 2X profit, if not, HODL
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: