Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:06:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Did you hear all the good news about bitcoin?  (Read 3028 times)
RodeoX (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 08:16:15 PM

It is ironic that the past two week have been kind of a low point for this community. We have seen market collapses, threats of regulation, criminality, etc. I say this is ironic because some important and relatively positive press reports have surfaced at the same time. Bitcoin has been mentioned recently in Le Monde, The Guardian, BBC, The Economist, Der Spigel, and others. These are top tier sources, read all over the world
Be prepared to help out the new peers that will be arriving at this site. There is a lot of "good news" about bitcoin right now. 

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aeroSpike

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 08:30:45 PM

That is absolutely true. Thanks for pointing it out!
Torminalis

Activity: 39

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 09:35:38 PM

I absolutely agree. I think that Bicoin embodies an idea that will be too irresistable to too many people around the world. The idea of a cheap, truly international, decentralised medium of exchange that is safe from your wise leaders is but the first step of many to a bright future.

It is not often I get seriously obsessed by an idea so when I do, I know it must have something. Bitcoin is really serious. All the while I am still alive, there will be a market for Bitcoins.

Grin
Desu

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 09:42:55 PM

Finally!
+1
killer2021

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 10:12:15 PM

yup, lots of people hearing/reading about bitcoin and some of them might be interested in the idea.

Anonymous Cash-By-Mail Exchange: https://www.bitcoin2cash.com
1H6mqgB6UcqKt2SrCmhjxUp9np1Xrbkdj7
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 10:16:41 PM

It is ironic that the past two week have been kind of a low point for this community. We have seen market collapses, threats of regulation, criminality, etc. I say this is ironic because some important and relatively positive press reports have surfaced at the same time. Bitcoin has been mentioned recently in Le Monde, The Guardian, BBC, The Economist, Der Spigel, and others. These are top tier sources, read all over the world
Be prepared to help out the new peers that will be arriving at this site. There is a lot of "good news" about bitcoin right now. 

Nice bit of looking on the bright side of things.  I like it!

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
qualia8

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 10:26:12 PM

For bitcoin, it seems no press is bad press, no matter how dire the pronouncements.  The potential user base out there is just enormous.  Too bad the institutions and even the client are still not yet ready for such an influx.  A few more disasters, though, and it'll be there!
Trader Steve

Activity: 836
Merit: 1007

"How do you eat an elephant? One bit at a time..."

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 10:42:43 PM

Absolutely! I've put together a free resource to help the onslaught of newbies as well:

http://www.BitcoinTraining.com

I've simply tried to organize things a little better since I was a newbie myself recently and found it maddening to navigate the numerous resources that are available. If you have any feedback or suggestions please let me know.

And before I get flamed, yes, I stand to make a little coin if anyone cares to list their business on the shopping page. Gotta keep the lights on!

Thanks,
Trader Steve
Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 10:51:06 PM

See? This is why we wade through the sea of trolls, because once in a while someone comes up with a truly awesome idea! Well done TraderSteve!
DamienBlack

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 10:53:38 PM

We should going door to doors and saying "Have you heard the good news... about bitcoins!"
Crystal Excursion

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

I'm Crazy about Bitcoin, trading Quartz for BTC

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2011, 11:02:53 PM

Absolutely! I've put together a free resource to help the onslaught of newbies as well:

I've simply tried to organize things a little better since I was a newbie myself recently and found it maddening to navigate the numerous resources that are available. If you have any feedback or suggestions please let me know.

And before I get flamed, yes, I stand to make a little coin if anyone cares to list their business on the shopping page. Gotta keep the lights on!

Thanks,
Trader Steve
Job Well Done on the Training Site !  People in general want Freedom... Bitcoin is out of the Bag... It's On !

Hey.. Skype Me.. Beffjaker
see my website, PM if Interested, Thanks !
RodeoX (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 11:12:52 PM

Nice TraderSteve! Being nice to new peers is a real benefit to this community.
And thanks to the other posters for your kind words. Kiss

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
qualia8

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 11:57:36 PM

Thanks,
Trader Steve

You might want to mention the exchanges.
mjsbuddha

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

yung lean

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 12:06:05 AM

today my friends mom sent me an article about bitcoin. shits for real now.
qualia8

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 12:12:38 AM

damn, that is always my sell signal!  but i really *like* holding btc.  what do?
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 12:18:31 AM

Thanks,
Trader Steve

Well done, indeed.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 12:18:56 AM

damn, that is always my sell signal!  but i really *like* holding btc.  what do?

Sell half.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
wareen
Millionaire
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1001

Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 12:20:11 AM

People in general want Freedom... Bitcoin is out of the Bag... It's On !
Couldn't agree more - it's simply an idea whose time has come!

▄▄▀▀▄▄
    ▄▄▀▀▄▄██▄▄▀▀▄▄
▄▄▀▀▄▄█████▄████▄▄▀▀▄▄
█▀▀█▄█████████████
█▄▄████▀   ▀██████
███████     █▄████
█████▀█▄   ▄██████
█▄█████▌   ▐█████
█████▀█     ██████
██▄███████████████
▀▀▄▄▀▀█████▀████▀▀▄▄▀▀
    ▀▀▄▄▀▀██▀▀▄▄▀▀
        ▀▀▄▄▀▀
.PDATA..
TOKEN..
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
██
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██
██
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
TELEGRAM     BITCOINTALK     FACEBOOK
MEDIUM    SLACK    TWITTER    YOUTUBE
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   E M A I L   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
██
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██
██
Trader Steve

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 01:02:22 AM

Thanks to all for the positive feedback. I've just added links to BitcoinWatch.com and BitcoinCharts.com in the "Economics of Bitcoin" section:

http://bitcointraining.wordpress.com/economics-of-bitcoin/

I created this site so I can send my mother, friends and other family members to it so I don't have to sit there and try and explain it. Hopefully this is a helpful tool for introducing people to bitcoin.

It's definitely a work in progress so please keep the suggestions/comments coming!

Trader Steve
Trader Steve

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 01:07:49 AM

Thanks,
Trader Steve
Job Well Done on the Training Site !  People in general want Freedom... Bitcoin is out of the Bag... It's On !

Thanks! Yes, one of my favorite sites is http://www.economicsandliberty.com which illustrates how economics and liberty are two sides of the same [bit]coin Grin   You'll notice I've linked to several of the economics articles about bitcoin.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: