Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 02:48:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What would you mine with these?  (Read 294 times)
HippiePyro (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

A non technical guy in a technical world

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 02:49:23 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2017, 04:24:50 PM by HippiePyro

OK so power and internet are a flat rate for me. I have this old hardware laying around, I booted them up and they still work ok. What could I mine with these to make so extra income. I know I can't get rich or invest anything in these machines, but since I already have all the components I figured I'd run them til they break lol. What could I mine with these?
My limited research suggests I could mine ethereum on the desktop and maybe zcash with the laptop. Thanks in advance for your advice.
 I have a desktop running Windows 8 with dual AMD E1-1200 APUs with Radeon HD 7310 graphics.
I also have a laptop on windows 7 with dual AMD E-450 APU's with Radeon HD 6320 graphics.
Dinosaurs I know. But free coins areally never bad lol
HippiePyro (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

A non technical guy in a technical world

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 06:14:45 PM

Bump
Undefined31415

Activity: 336
Merit: 253

Gone phishing...

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2017, 08:14:13 PM

OK so power and internet are a flat rate for me. I have this old hardware laying around, I booted them up and they still work ok. What could I mine with these to make so extra income. I know I can't get rich or invest anything in these machines, but since I already have all the components I figured I'd run them til they break lol. What could I mine with these?
My limited research suggests I could mine ethereum on the desktop and maybe zcash with the laptop. Thanks in advance for your advice.
 I have a desktop running Windows 8 with dual AMD E1-1200 APUs with Radeon HD 7310 graphics.
I also have a laptop on windows 7 with dual AMD E-450 APU's with Radeon HD 6320 graphics.
Dinosaurs I know. But free coins areally never bad lol

If electricity is at a flat rate for you, regardless of use, and you have no problems running the hardware until it fails:

Sell the laptop. I'm not sure how much it's worth, but you can put it towards a usable graphics card (APUs aren't gonna cut it) to install in the desktop (assuming it has an available x16 slot and the PSU can handle it). Since power costs aren't a concern, you could probably go for a used older-generation upper-tier card, if your PSU allows.

OR sell both the laptop and desktop, then buy coins to speculate with instead.

Those APUs are not appropriate for mining Ethereum or Zcash with the intent of getting coins. There are shitcoins you could mine, but the above two methods will still likely net you better results.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 08:35:18 PM

For reference, in some testing I did a couple months back, one of my A10-7890k (might have been a 7860k, but it's the same iGPU only the CPU differs) was good for about 11 sol/s on ZCash on the iGPU running then-current Claymore - for comparison, a HD 7750 I tested at the same time on the same software was more like 55-60 despite having the SAME number of cores and the SAME clock rate.

The current top A12 model in theory might be half again that high, or even a little more due to faster RAM - but I dount it would exceed 20 noticeably if at all.

YOUR APUs are the old Terrascale stuff - about the only thing they MIGHT be able to mine on the iGPU is XMR - they'd actually be better off ignoring the iGPU and just mining with the CPU cores.
 Very little mining software works at all on Terrascale, and it tends to not work well - when I tested one of my A10-5700 on ZEC it didn't manage 2 sol/s.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: