Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:45:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is eBay policy on Bitcoin?  (Read 1887 times)
AngelusWebDesign (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 02:50:27 AM

Apologies if this has already been brought up several times...

Can a person say in their ad, "I accept Bitcoin"?

Or would it be a smart move to embed the Bitcoin logo in the lower-right corner of every image you upload, to let people know you'll agree to settle the amount in Bitcoin after they win the auction?
Ebay does leave "payment method" to the discretion of the seller, at least they used to.

Ebay/Paypal probably hates BTC though, so the "secret handshake" embedded BTC embossed watermark in the lower-right-corner of every image might be the best idea.

Thoughts?
TippingPoint
Legendary

Activity: 905
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 03:15:50 AM

ebay allows sales of Bitcoin, and Paypal is a common payment method(!).

But priced in BTC?  I doubt it.
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 03:19:11 AM

Had a listing removed from eBay after mentioning that BTC was accepted.
TippingPoint
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 03:20:03 AM

But now this...

eBay CEO weighs PayPal bitcoin option
http://www.coindesk.com/ebay-ceo-weighs-paypal-bitcoin-option/
yocko06

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

1Kgyk4nQSzb3Pm9E9vWiGVyJ6jpPwripKf

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 03:50:33 AM

Or would it be a smart move to embed the Bitcoin logo in the lower-right corner of every image you upload, to let people know you'll agree to settle the amount in Bitcoin after they win the auction?
Ebay does leave "payment method" to the discretion of the seller, at least they used to.

Ebay/Paypal probably hates BTC though, so the "secret handshake" embedded BTC embossed watermark in the lower-right-corner of every image might be the best idea.

Thoughts?

The logo would be the best bet i think. you don't need to price anything in btc because the calculation can be done by the mtgox spot rate at the time of payment. I think ebay and paypal will have no choice but to work with btc in the near future.
tclo

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 04:02:56 AM

But now this...

eBay CEO weighs PayPal bitcoin option
http://www.coindesk.com/ebay-ceo-weighs-paypal-bitcoin-option/

Don't believe what corporate types say publicly.

The truth is that Ebay/Paypal is closing/freezing accounts for anyone who sells bitcoin on ebay.  There are other threads on here about it as well.  So take that for what it's worth and actions speak louder than words.
TippingPoint
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 04:13:47 AM

Don't believe what corporate types say publicly.

The truth is that Ebay/Paypal is closing/freezing accounts for anyone who sells bitcoin on ebay.  There are other threads on here about it as well.  So take that for what it's worth and actions speak louder than words.

These are recently completed auctions of bitcoins on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Coins-Paper-Money-/11116/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=bitcoin&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc
BTCisthefuture

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 04:23:35 AM

As far as I know, bitcoin isn't banned from ebay.  I've sold some bitcoins on ebay in the past, all though i ended up getting scammed about 70% of the time and both paypal and ebay refused to help.

It's allowed as far as I know, but due to the amount of bitcoin scams you will have zero protection and may even see some listings get removed.

I would highly advice to not use bitcoin on ebay. Scammers out there know the security risks of bitcoin and that ebay/paypal will side with them 100% of the time.

Hourly bitcoin faucet with a gambling twist !  http://freebitco.in/?r=106463
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 02:39:51 PM

Selling bitcoins is not banned but taking bitcoins payment is.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4490

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 03:26:10 PM

the more important question is what is bitcoins policy on paypal..

and most people agree this:

if you have a verified paypal account then you obviously have a bak account. so use your bank instead to guarantee payment cant get reversed and stop scamming people by using paypal and charging back

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
data_teks

Activity: 267
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 05:04:23 PM

Thoughts?

From what I understand with my sellers account, eBay made a change awhile back with the only electronic means of payment that are allowed is Paypal or direct credit card integration with authorize.net and CyberSource into eBay. However, the only way you might not get away with accepting bitcoin is if someone reports your listing.

EDIT:  Here you go:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/accepted-payments-policy.html
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 05:36:55 PM

i add the bitcoin and litecoin logo on several auctions and until now there are no problems.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: