Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 01:59:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is a Beta-Testing Promotion Considered an Illegal Give-way / faucet  (Read 491 times)
Nexchange.co.uk (OP)

Activity: 184
Merit: 10

n.exchange

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2017, 03:37:58 PM

Hello to all of the community members & admins.

We have recently launched the Beta version of https://nexchange.io
We have decided to encourage our users to test the platform with a promotion for $5 added value for their first trade on the platform.
To maintain a trackable ledger of the users that have already enjoyed the promotion, we have posted it on Bitcointalk, in the services forum.
The post was available up until recently under this URL
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2152833.60
This promotion also exists on our Facebook page https://facebook.com/NexchagneIO

Many of the forum's users enjoyed the service, and got the promised bonus.
All of the users left positive comments about the low fees, fast execution time, and easy-to-use intuitive interface.

I would like to use this thread as an open form of addressing the community and it's managers, to ask for the reasoning behind removing our thread, that obiously did not break any forum rules (and I have reviewed them carefully).

Also, I wanted to know whether this decision was somehow business-motivated, since I found many similar topics, that offer money for user-interaction much more bluntly, and with a significantly lower value to the users an the community.

For example this recent thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2082335.0

I believe that for BitcoinTalk to maintain it's position as the most dominant  and independent community-hive in the crypto sphere, such double standards should not be allowed.

I am waiting for your comments.

Thanks,
Oleg.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/oleg-belousov-b4112145/

P.S
Both Beta-Testing promo, and bug & Penetration bounty continue uninterrupted, if anyone is interested, I can be contacted through a PM, my LinkedIn and also at oleg@nexchange.io

actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2510

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2017, 03:49:35 PM

If at all the thread incentivized posting on it (to have bumps) then it would be disallowed because that conduct perpetuates unconstructive posting and is not something the forum needs. IIRC the rule can be found in the Altcoin sections.
Why would it be business-motivated? Roll Eyes

Nexchange.co.uk (OP)

n.exchange

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2017, 03:59:12 PM

If at all the thread incentivized posting on it (to have bumps) then it would be disallowed because that conduct perpetuates unconstructive posting and is not something the forum needs. IIRC the rule can be found in the Altcoin sections.
Why would it be business-motivated? Roll Eyes

Thanks for your response & feedback.

One of the optional ways to claim the promo was indeed to post on the thread, however it could be done also via our Social Networks accounts or via a message on our live chat (to ensure that no forum member claims the promo numerous times).

Still, if indeed that was the reason, removing the thread and all of it's content was unnecessary, a much more gentle moderation approach could work (PM, admin comment, or cleanup of the redundant content).

As per business reason?
It is evident that the industry dominators have a substantial buying power, makes one wonder up till which degree the people that sanction this forum are not-financially-motivated.

To me, as well as to my associates, this seems plainly as an 'Elbow Society' as similar thread of the same kind remain untouched (I've attached one example to my original post).

dblank

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 01:14:14 AM

No, that thread did nothing to encourage unnecessary bumping.

Why was it closed then?
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 2347

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 04:55:47 AM

In lieu of requiring users to post in your thread, you can require them to send a PM to you to claim the giveaway. (Among other options).
Nexchange.co.uk (OP)

n.exchange

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 11:19:17 AM

In lieu of requiring users to post in your thread, you can require them to send a PM to you to claim the giveaway. (Among other options).

Thanks, that is what we will probably do.
However, still, I want to discuss if the moderation approach of deleting all the thread with no notice at all is correct.
Thanks for your input & advice.

O.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 2347

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 11:44:16 PM

If a thread violates a rule, then it is liable to be moved to the trashcan and/or locked. It is your responsibility to be aware of the rules prior to creating a thread/post.

If you want to repost your thread with the option to claim an altcoin by posting in the thread removed (and if you choose, with the option of claiming by sending you a PM, or by visiting a website, or something else of your choice added) it will be acceptable. If you repost the thread with the option to claim by posting in the thread, then you are risking a ban.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: