Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:11:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: send out your women  (Read 16697 times)
bitcoinex

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

probiwon.com

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2010, 11:17:50 PM

Come on guys, why can't you just admit that women are less interested in this kind of stuffs ?  To me it's not sexism, it is just realism.

Women have a lower tendancy to be interested in pretty much anything.  Whether it is art, sport, games, science, whatever...  Almost all cultural movements have been initiated by men.

You're just talking about women, not about jews?

New bitcoin lottery: probiwon.com
- Moжeт, ты eщё и в Heвидимyю Pyкy Pынкa вepyeшь? - Зaчeм жe вepoвaть в тo, чтo мoжнo нaблюдaть нeпocpeдcтвeннo?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
grondilu
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076

View Profile
December 22, 2010, 11:28:27 PM

There is no jew:goy ratio on this forum.

davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2010, 01:27:37 AM

We don't want our gold to be taken from us again and sold for bitcoins

kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 23, 2010, 04:32:31 AM

Why are we talking about Jews?

grondilu
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076

View Profile
December 23, 2010, 04:38:05 AM

Why are we talking about Jews?

Hum...  I see a Godwin point coming .... Smiley

bober182

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2010, 05:38:40 AM

WHAT IF...
the Illuminati cracked SHA256 and all other encryption and invented bitcoin so everyone uses it. Then they crack all our keys and pwn us.

wumpus

Activity: 812
Merit: 1022

No Maps for These Territories

View Profile
December 23, 2010, 09:28:36 AM

I don't understand why you're trying to defend yourself anyway. Jer has a point, and it's so obvious that we should just be ashamed and switch silently to more intelligent things to say, if we come up with any, on the matter of Bitcoin and gender. This topic could be interesting, but let's don't fall in the trap of being rude or otherwise use stereotypes, even though they're intended as jokes.
I'm not 'trying to defend myself' (if you read the thread, I was making fun of men, not of women). My point is that there are a zillion threads in this forum that are about actual, you know, interesting stuffs, opportunities to earn money, participate in crypography discussions, and so on, where gender doesn't make any difference at all.

Bitcoin Core developer [PGP] Warning: For most, coin loss is a larger risk than coin theft. A disk can die any time. Regularly back up your wallet through FileBackup Wallet to an external storage or the (encrypted!) cloud. Use a separate offline wallet for storing larger amounts.
Anonymous

December 23, 2010, 11:16:25 AM

Bitcoin has a low wife acceptance factor  Tongue

bitcoinex

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

probiwon.com

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2010, 09:25:40 PM

WHAT IF...
the Illuminati cracked SHA256 and all other encryption and invented bitcoin so everyone uses it. Then they crack all our keys and pwn us.

Smiley

New bitcoin lottery: probiwon.com
- Moжeт, ты eщё и в Heвидимyю Pyкy Pынкa вepyeшь? - Зaчeм жe вepoвaть в тo, чтo мoжнo нaблюдaть нeпocpeдcтвeннo?
ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1005

Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952

View Profile
December 23, 2010, 11:45:37 PM

Come on guys, why can't you just admit that women are less interested in this kind of stuffs ?  To me it's not sexism, it is just realism.

Women have a lower tendancy to be interested in pretty much anything.  Whether it is art, sport, games, science, whatever...  Almost all cultural movements have been initiated by men.

I see two ways the sex ratio on this forum could reach 1:1 :

1.  some people on this forum will create fake female members just in order to defeat what I've just written ;
2.  bitcoin would have gone mainstream ;

This is sooooo obligatory...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Women, know your limits.

brocktice

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

Apparently I inspired this image.

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2010, 03:22:47 AM

It is certainly possible that this is actually from Jeri Ellsworth:

Someone sent me a pointer to this thread today.  The majority of this thread is disparaging toward women, so its not a big surprise to me that your ratio of men to women is very low.

-Jer
scorched.chips@gmail.com

However, such an accomplished hacker who does her own chip design is not likely to get her maths wrong this badly. The ratio of men to women is actually HIGH and only likely to get HIGHER with such displays of sexism. Then again, we all make mistakes.

The point remains, though, that all of the gay-bashing and sexism here and in IRC is probably turning away good potential members of the community. I'm thinking of one person in particular. (Aside from being hurtful in the first place.)

http://media.witcoin.com/p/1608/8----This-is-nuts

My #bitcoin-otc ratings: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=brocktice&sign=ANY&type=RECV

Like my post? Leave me a tip: 15Cgixqno9YzoKNEA2DRFyEAfMH5htssRg
genjix
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1072

View Profile
December 24, 2010, 03:58:27 AM

hey why you guys haven't attacked iranian people too? im starting to feel you guys are a bit rascist. thx
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2010, 04:00:23 AM

hey why you guys haven't attacked iranian people too? im starting to feel you guys are a bit rascist. thx

I suppose this thread is the display of our stupidity.

da2ce7
Legendary

Activity: 1222
Merit: 1016

Live and Let Live

View Profile
December 24, 2010, 07:38:27 AM

or just a joke. and has no real representation of the views of the people on this forum.  Some people like black humor.

One off NP-Hard.
ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1005

Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952

View Profile
December 24, 2010, 11:54:17 AM

Why so serious ? Wink

or just a joke. and has no real representation of the views of the people on this forum.  Some people like black humor.

+1

wumpus

Activity: 812
Merit: 1022

No Maps for These Territories

View Profile
December 24, 2010, 12:45:27 PM

Agreed Smiley I love black humor. And I don't feel that the amount of real sexism and gay/jew/whatever-hating on this forum is really that large, most seem to be southpark-like puns at worst...

Bitcoin Core developer [PGP] Warning: For most, coin loss is a larger risk than coin theft. A disk can die any time. Regularly back up your wallet through FileBackup Wallet to an external storage or the (encrypted!) cloud. Use a separate offline wallet for storing larger amounts.
genjix
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2010, 03:26:30 PM

Your comments are not so innocent as you think,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCjDxAwfXV0

Having seen that video, you won't attribute blacks doing poorly due to their race.

I'm no walking vagina and even think women have too many rights (automatically gain child in divorce, free paycheck, can't hit a lady, ...). BUT my sister is a physics major (not because of me, but because of Carl Sagan) and she tells me that other girls ridicule her for being clever. She's not weird or ugly, just highly educated. That's out of place. Girls comment to her why she knows all this esoteric knowledge as though it's a bad thing. Whereas I grew up being respected as a genius by peers.

So HUR HUR HUR get back to the kitchen = you're being an asshole.

Don't do it.
genjix
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2010, 03:32:38 PM

Also there are women hanging around in all sorts of these communities, but they don't openly display it and stay away from threads like this. s/women/(black people|gingers|chinese)/ and see how intimidating it sounds.
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2010, 03:35:56 PM

On the internet, nobody knows if you're joking or not.

genjix
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2010, 03:41:40 PM

On the internet, nobody knows if you're joking or not.

That's not the point. Did you watch the video? I'll post it again,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCjDxAwfXV0

Hopefully everyone will realise why such jokes (ho ho ho) are not the minor humour that they seem.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: